You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Acekicken
 Rep: 12 

Re: On the search for a new frontman:

Acekicken wrote:

vrbach.jpg

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ hahah - that's awesome.

I'd really like it if they got Baz, cos it would be interesting to see them go in a totally different direction from Scott's sound. I don't wan't to see a Scott impersonator up there.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Well if it's Bach, then this confirms one thing for me. Bach is GN'R 16

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

People rag on Bach but fuck 'em, he would sound much better with the band than Scott ever did.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

That's a classic pic Acekicken!

See if you can spot the guy in the photo that's stuck in the 80's?

But jokes aside - I aactually don't think that Baz is all that bad.  I don't think he is the right move for VR but in the abscence of anybody else he would be workable.

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:

For the love of god, Bach would be the worst choice. If these guys want to be taken seriously, then Bach will not be the singer. If Slash really wanted to relive the past, I heard that Axl lost a guitarist...

nugdafied wrote:

I think these guys need to call up Linda Perry. Velvet Revolver would actually be a great hard rock band name if a woman was fronting it. She's everything they need in spades. I just really hope they don't call it VR with a Weiland wannabe, that would suck balls.

Whole Lotta Love w/ Slash/Camp Freddy

Old School Linda Perry w/ The 4 NonBlondes-What's Up Live on Letterman

Linda Perry-Fly Away

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I think Linda Perry could actually work. And she's a proven hit writer too (that can be seen as a good or bad thing), look at all the hits she's written for Pink!

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

According to a poster over at HTGTH Matt Sorum just did a radio interview on INDIE 103.1.

"Feel the Burn" posted this after listening to the interview:

HE'S ON! So it begins!! Matt confirms it that they are over and they want to find someone else. In the US tour Scott just said I'm gonna do stuff with STP and they have dates till next year. He didn't talk about it just did it "non chalant". He does bring up Libertad not selling well , he discussing GN'R reunion lmao. Backstage they argued on the Galsgow gig. Said his blog was 'damage control". 

EDIT: Wonder what band they're talking about with no label etc..? It sounds pretty cool I think VR are gonna get some rock n roll riffs together. Its funny how they sound like teenagers in a band!

someone else asked if he mentioned anything in the interview about a new singer and another poster said:

Nothing on new singers. Said they're looking around, he even mentioned forum discussions about possible lead singers.

And he did hint at the fact that the band was contacted by a reality show, ala Rockstar INXS/Supernova, but I suppose they turned that down.

Board footer