You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: MÖTLEY CRÜE gets directer for The Dirt

BLS-Pride wrote:

According to Deadline.com, MÖTLEY CRÜE has tapped "Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa" director Jeff Tremaine to helm the long-awaited film adaptation of the band's biography "The Dirt - Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band".

"I've been careful to make this a natural progression," Tremaine tells Deadline.com.

"I've been offered a lot of scripts but 'Dirt' is something I pursued with everything I had.

"I've wanted to make this going back to 2001, when we were just planning the first 'Jackass' movie and I found out that David Gale at MTV Films had just optioned the book.

"First of all, I had no idea how to make 'Jackass' into a movie, but I said to him, 'Let me direct that movie, too.' He said, 'Yeah, of course!' He was being sarcastic, because he had the same level of confidence in me as a director as I did at that time. Luckily for me, the movie never got made, and when this project became available, I put everything I had into chasing it and convincing everyone that I am the right guy for it. I really feel I am."

According to Deadline.com, the "Dirt" will be produced by LBI Entertainment's Rick Yorn and Julie Yorn, along with 10th Street Entertainment and Erik Olsen. Amanda Adelson is co-producing. Tom Kapinos ("Californication") is putting the finishing touches on the script, and the film is being set up independently by CAA to shoot early next year, with the agency repping domestic distribution rights.

Rob Zombie in 2011 denied the widely reported story that he was going to direct "The Dirt". Zombie told Australian web site Undercover, "No, I'm not doing the MÖTLEY CRÜE movie. I don't know where that rumor came from."

"That rumor" appeared to originate in a Billboard interview with CRÜE drummer Tommy Lee, in which it was reported that Zombie would direct the on-again, off-again movie.

It was reported in 2008 that MÖTLEY CRÜE was trying to extricate itself from a deal with MTV Films, a division of Paramount Pictures, to make the "The Dirt" movie.

A deal was first announced for the film version in 2006 but had since gone nowhere. Bassist Nikki Sixx told Reuters that MTV was "a channel that used to be hip and has now actually become unhip...They are not the right partner."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/motley … wjqZr57.99

Interesting choice. They have been talking about this movie forever. I think it might make a good flick. Shortage of good rock and roll movies, we could use a good one. Or any for that matter.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I concur. I just want to see a unbiased look at the band going crazy and rocking out in their prime. No sides, no bullshit, just straight up rock n' roll and portraying the fucked up life on the road. I agree with Nikki on MTV films would probably mess up the film now. As for Zombie, I'm glad that decision was turned down. Would of been a terrible directing choice. Not really a fan of Jackass; but the director, Jeff seems extremely passionate about getting this thing finished and I looked forward to the final result.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

If they haven't started shooting yet, I seriously doubt it will be out "Summer of 2016", but nice to see there's still hope.

http://loudwire.com/motley-crue-vince-n … mmer-2016/

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah summer is definitely out of the question. Fall at the earliest but I'd wager 2017 at this point. This could go either way....killer flick or a shit sandwich.  The key will be nailing the 80s vibe. Its not easy to properly do an era justice like that.

Me_Wise_Magic

James Lofton wrote:

Yeah summer is definitely out of the question. Fall at the earliest but I'd wager 2017 at this point. This could go either way....killer flick or a shit sandwich.  The key will be nailing the 80s vibe. Its not easy to properly do an era justice like that.

Also they are going to have to make the movie somewhat marketable and fun and have it be a hard R at the same time. That can be a tough bill for both the people editing the source material to put it to screen and also making it understandable to the movie going audience. Not just hardcore Crue or classic rock fans. Mick out of all of them is the only one whom to me isn't full of shit.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, you can't really compare it to much else?  Hopefully they don't go the Ray/Johnny Cash route & try to make it a touching biopic.  I just wanna see backstage sex drugs & rock n roll antics to some extent.  that plus dealing with record label BS.  Then a massive fall from grace once Kurt Cobain first stomps on his distortion pedal. wink

Overall tho I do hope its a good movie, and I think it can be.  I agree tho, it could go either way. 18

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I'd rather see a movie about GN'R. Their story is more interesting than Crue's and of course GN'R is by far the best band that came out of the 1980's Sunset Strip. Been watching Boardwalk Empire a lot lately and I think Michael Pitt would be a good choice to play Axl.

Me_Wise_Magic

tejastech08 wrote:

I'd rather see a movie about GN'R. Their story is more interesting than Crue's and of course GN'R is by far the best band that came out of the 1980's Sunset Strip. Been watching Boardwalk Empire a lot lately and I think Michael Pitt would be a good choice to play Axl.

He technically was Kurt Cobain in Gus Van Sant's movie, "Last Days". I could see him do Axl or Duff in some way.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

He technically was Kurt Cobain in Gus Van Sant's movie, "Last Days". I could see him do Axl or Duff in some way.

Damn. I haven't seen that Last Days film, but the fact he already played Cobain kinda fucks up my casting (haha). I just figured based on Boardwalk Empire that he had the right look in his eyes to play Axl. Probably best to find a total unknown with the right acting chops.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I'd rather see a movie about GN'R. Their story is more interesting than Crue's and of course GN'R is by far the best band that came out of the 1980's Sunset Strip.

That is definitely true but here's a question.....

Where do you end the story? The entire 30 years is interesting and many points bizarre. Nailing that down into 2 hours will not be easy. I can see the film starting on the "hell trip" but where do you go from there? If you only have it encompass the early years even there it would be difficult to decide where to wrap it up. When they fire Adler? Have it fade to black with lines literally down the street to buy UYI?

You could easily make a trilogy and still have difficulty squeezing it all in. Just the CD saga itself worthy of a movie and its a shame it wasn't documented.

Board footer