You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Billboard confirm Coachella and possible US tour

BLS-Pride wrote:

Anyone think there may be anecessary outside chance Axl joins Slash for a song or two on nye in Vegas? Kinda a perfect storm to really jump start the machine. Especially if it's a lean, mean, determined Axl Rose. With an announcement coming what better way to really drive it home. 16

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I would be there if I could

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I actually would say it is about a 65% chance Duff and Axl show up to Slash Vegas show.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Anyone think there may be anecessary outside chance Axl joins Slash for a song or two on nye in Vegas? Kinda a perfect storm to really jump start the machine. Especially if it's a lean, mean, determined Axl Rose. With an announcement coming what better way to really drive it home. 16

A better way to do it would be have the GNR lineup minus Axl perform some songs at that show. The buzz would go into overdrive.  Just like the 3/4 Soundgarden reunion months before the actual reunion announcement.

I don't think Axl and Slash's first time onstage should be at a show like that. If so, I hope they alerted some media outlets to be there before it happens.

It also might be in their contract to not perform anywhere until that first show.

James

James wrote:

https://twitter.com/davekushner66

Dave Kushner @davekushner66  20m20 minutes ago

"maybe ALL of them! @gunsnroses #GunsNRosesReunion"

----------------

Now that's interesting. Yeah its more likely he means going as a fan but considering the situation, might be something to it....

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

James not every situation is a parallel to Sound Garden, hahaha I love your fandom.

James

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

James not every situation is a parallel to Sound Garden, hahaha I love your fandom.

Not parallel but I can assure you they were paying attention to how that was rolled out. What was the last successful rock band reunion? Soundgarden. They also announced their reunion on NYE.

What are we waiting for? 16

Anyone here still planning on going to Coachella now that we know a stadium tour is happening?

mrsaxlrose
 Rep: 2 

mrsaxlrose wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Anyone here still planning on going to Coachella now that we know a stadium tour is happening?

I might.  Maybe.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Not parallel but I can assure you they were paying attention to how that was rolled out. What was the last successful rock band reunion? Soundgarden. They also announced their reunion on NYE.

What are we waiting for? 16

I might be. Something about being at that first full gig. The magic that will be in the air.. among other things. I'm just waiting to hear back from a few buddies. If not first remotely close show I am there.

James

James wrote:
mrsaxlrose wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I might.  Maybe.

Great to see you back! 5 I'm sure the old schoolers from ROV remember you.

Coachella is certainly tempting but now that we know its going to be a real stadium tour and not just festivals it lessens Coachella's appeal. Now if Coachella is announced as an AFD reunion and the tour itself will not be, that would change things considerably.

I assume that the stadium tour will include either Levi Stadium or ATT park.  CA is likely to get two of these stadium dates....LA and bay area.

BLS-Pride wrote:

I might be. Something about being at that first full gig. The magic that will be in the air.. among other things. I'm just waiting to hear back from a few buddies. If not first remotely close show I am there.

One other thing that makes it tempting is it looks like that after Coachella it'll be awhile before this tour starts unless other festivals are being considered.

---

I read on Sludge that Howie Hubberman has said on FB that GNR are going to "do this right" and include Adler but negotiations are ongoing.

Looks like we're getting that AFD lineup somehow, at least for one show.

Board footer