You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Official Statement coming from Guns camp tonight.

AtariLegend wrote:

Smoking how active is the official forum at the minute, compared to HTGTH at the minute?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Not on at moment but it is mainly girls and uniformed dudes with a few regulars. Basically,you aren't missing anything.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Interesting thing though about the cynical Internet. U2 has less than 500,000 followers on Twitter and sells out stadiums/arenas with ease. Slash has 3 million, Axl 900,000, Duff 500,000, and GN'R around 2 million. Metallica's account is 3 million but I don't think the members have their own pages. GN'R is one of the biggest rock acts on Twitter (maybe the biggest) despite all of the crap Axl has done over the last 20 years to fuck up the band's reputation. Slash and Duff have both done a great job keeping their credibility and building on it through the years.

For perspective on our society: Bieber has almost 75 million follower on Twitter, Cyrus has around 25 million, and GaGa has over 50 million. Adele has around 25 million and destroys all of them in actual album sales. Bottom line is  I don't think all those cynical fucksticks that go out of their way to bash GN'R on the Internet speak for the whole audience. Axl will need to bring his "A" game and avoid any riots/controversies over really late starts, but the potential is there for a hugely successful tour.

This reminds me of when Baz bitched about how all his "friends" on myspace didn't buy Angel Down. 14

Smoking Guns wrote:

If you drop a grand to see a non AFD lineup I will pay for your counseling.

faldor wrote:

I'm surprised you, and others, are so opposed to any members outside of the original 5 being included. Surely you could see the reasons for Steven and Izzy not to be included, even Matt and Gilby. I would think Izzy and Adler will make an appearance here or there. I think the inclusion of newer members is a better sign in terms of new music coming out or being worked on. If it was an original 5 reunion it'd be all about the past IMO.

My main interest in this is new/old material. I'd take a single/EP/album/etc. over anything else. Whatever lineup it takes to achieve that I am fine with.

sandman wrote:

hearing rumors that they could release new music together. it's unreal.

Mr. sandman bring me a dream....

killingvector wrote:

That repository of recorded music is my concern now. What does Axl do with music recorded by a band that no longer exists and was never lucrative?

Days ago I stumbled upon a Tommy quote from an interview. I almost posted it and wish I had now. He finally told us how many songs are left in the Chinese vault. 22 . One album with some B sides for singles could liquidate that vault and I hope that is on tap the next couple years.

dave-gnfnr wrote:

Its a business decision by Axl to go back with Slash.  If those guys never quit this wouldn't be happening.

I am glad DJ and BBF quit because i thought they both sucked.  I stopped caring about new gnr after Robin quit, he was the last straw after BH and Brain leaving.

I think it was going to happen one way or the other. The window was starting to close. When Soundgarden reunited I said GNR had a 5 year window to do this. Its been 5 years.

I'm glad they're gone too. Its no secret how I felt about that 09-14 lineup.

dave-gnfnr wrote:

You would just take the vocal tracks of the CD sessions and have slash and duff, write music to them.  so what Axl had before on them wouldn't even matter. They would just need too hear the vocal melody Axl was using.

Yep. We'll get something like this. Had If the World been saved for CD II and VR never did Slither, we'd have got this as a single....

they should then go into the studio and play what Axl pieced together as a proper track so you don't get that clipping shit you got on CD where you could tell how it was cut and pasted together.

This is what doomed the album. They are all good songs at their core but they were warped into borderline noise pollution. The songs were always cut and paste and that's ok but when you keep adding layer after layer after layer on songs that don't need it, whatever he was trying to do in the first place is gone.

The demos were damn good. The final album doesn't do it justice. That 2001 album was probably killer.

Only guy I would love to see added in that lineup is Brain.

I disagree. I love Brain. He doesn't belong though. Same as Bucket. Those guys deserved a major run with CD I and II in 2000-02 and unfortunately it didn't go as planned.

Team Brazil has actually done a pretty good job.

I'm on the fence with this. I complained a lot years ago about how they handled things. They have improved since then and I certainly give them credit for how some aspects of this were rolled out. I cant stand the Scooby Doo mystery crap and it comes off as amateurish at best. I have said this before but they REALLY need to stop focusing on forums. I love forums but major acts should NOT be catering to that fringe. Updates should be done through official sites and if doing forum updates, ONLY do it on the official one and then it trickles down to all the others. The GNR camp has always made too big of a deal about fan forums. They need to look at the big picture and a thousand active hardcore fans spread out across a dozen forums is NOT the big picture. They have us already. We're already paying attention to every little move. One thousand hardcores=one thousand albums sold. Etc. Aim at the casuals and hardcores who haven't been on these forums yet but are on social media.

This is a big time corporation and I expect it at this level to be run like one.

Me too. The few other artists/bands I follow operate at a much higher level than GNR and I want GNR to put their big boy pants on for what's in store next. You're one of the biggest bands in the history of music......so act like it.

I bet the Next big announcement will be about Axl confirming his love for the Arby's French dip.

That is my favorite fast food item so I'd have no problem with that.  13

"Guns N’ Roses announce the most significant and anxiously awaited musical event of this century."
Let me guess, Fernando and Beta wrote this. Adele just...

I don't care if Pee Wee Herman wrote it. Its a correct statement and was true long before anyone knew Adele even existed.

You do make great points on Adele being able to sell albums in the current climate though.

Smoking how active is the official forum at the minute, compared to HTGTH at the minute?

Great question and I'd like an answer as well. I've heard that its completely dead. I'll say this though....if GNR members are going to join that site and TB focuses their forum updates there instead of fan sites(and they should), it's going to get a LOT more active.

GREAT for them to offer fan club members first crack at those tickets. Soundgarden did this same thing.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

My new theory...

The Seattle rehearsals Buzz spoke of were not for Coachella, but for KIMMEL!

I think it was the original 5.

Then the tour would be hybrid.

I think this is still why the original 5 guys and Sorum are so quiet.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

My new theory...

The Seattle rehearsals Buzz spokes of were not for Coachella, but for KIMMEL!

I think it was the original 5.

Then the tour would be hybrid.

I think this is still why the original 5 guys and Sorum are so quiet.

I don't think so, man 16

BLS, Truth is saying much bigger plans are in the works, even some European gigs. But yeah, those tickets will only go up in value.

James, I think the moment Axl and Slash buried the hatchet he was coming back at some point, it was definitly inevitable.

johndivney wrote:
Will wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Hey Nightrain….

In what should hopefully be exciting news for you, we have worked with Coachella to set aside a quantity of tickets earmarked for Nightrain members ONLY.

Not the announcement I was hoping for as I'm thousands of miles away from Coachella and doubt I'll be attending, but still very cool of them to make this available for fan club members 22 Hope they will do something similiar when GNR heads to the UK

What Will said.
They'll need to reopen registration for Nightrain if they're going to continue this pre-sale idea on tickets..
Over here, I actually don't think it might be necessary to have tickets set aside for fans online. Unless they're doing small venues, I can't imagine the demand being so great that I'd need access to those pre-sale..??

(Fwiw - I had to sign up to Adele's website to try & get pre-sale tickets to one of her 2 Belfast shows. The demand for these gigs saw the website crash. I just can't see the reunion capturing the imagination to the same extent where tickets will be like gold dust.. Assuming they're coming over here of course..)

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
killingvector wrote:

That repository of recorded music is my concern now. What does Axl do with music recorded by a band that no longer exists and was never lucrative?

Days ago I stumbled upon a Tommy quote from an interview. I almost posted it and wish I had now. He finally told us how many songs are left in the Chinese vault. 22 . One album with some B sides for singles could liquidate that vault and I hope that is on tap the next couple years.

Here you go!

Stinson says that there's "a bunch" of GNR material written and still waiting to be recorded -- "some of it worthy of finishing, some of it probably not" -- in addition to 22 songs recorded during the "Chinese Democracy" process that were not included on the album.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/music/2011/11 … roses.html

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

He finally told us how many songs are left in the Chinese vault. 22.

The number of tracks (new mainly to you wink ) is also consistent with what Axl said in 2006.
He made the remarks in joint of that ray of light statement 'People will hear music this year.'

"We're working on 32 songs, and 26 are nearly done," he says.
Of those, 13 are slated for the final album. -RS

32 - 13 = 19 
22 - 19 = 3

3 tracks included in the CD2 song pool since early 2006.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

He finally told us how many songs are left in the Chinese vault. 22.

The number of tracks (new mainly to you wink ) is also consistent with what Axl said in 2006.
He made the remarks in joint of that ray of light statement 'People will hear music this year.'

"We're working on 32 songs, and 26 are nearly done," he says.
Of those, 13 are slated for the final album. -RS

32 - 13 = 19 
22 - 19 = 3

3 tracks included in the CD2 song pool since early 2006.

Yeah I remember the Axl comments but the number of songs in the vault has fluctuated among fans for years.  People can make a case for which numbers they believe in. Tommy's number does fit with what Axl mentioned(10 years ago!) and I don't think that number can be disputed any longer.

We've got one album to anticipate and that's what I said all along.  13  19

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

I do agree with that and that's how it's been since '99.

Sean Beavan and Josh Freese have confirmed 30ish songs on the A-list.
Axl has confirmed he's always had the songs to produce two separate albums.
All these claims built up to verify both the rough amount of actual songs and CD2.

What has confused people a lot has been the existence of the B-List.
That has been all about loops, sketches and ideas since Moby's visit in '97.
Axl even went to confirm an all-around number of songs (70!!) to Kurt Loder.

The sketchy nature of the B-List is what contributed to the Vault as a library of Axlandria.

Board footer