You are not logged in. Please register or login.

evader
 Rep: 27 

Re: Silkworms - Bucket or Slash

evader wrote:

Hi Everyone -

My remixing days are few and far between, but I thought I'd share some revised Silkworms stuff.

Here is the new-ish bucket Buckethead version:

https://soundcloud.com/evadergnr/silkworms-bucket-evo

And here is a 21 Slash version:

https://soundcloud.com/evadergnr/silkworms-slash-evo

Neither one is pure gold, but maybe someone will find some entertainment value from one or the other. If any of you would like to take 8 years of my own tinkering and add your own flair, here is a link to the split files (beware the tricky Sendspace link):

https://www.sendspace.com/file/9p23as

The files are ogg. If you want to mess with the Bucket version, open everything except the first two Slash tracks. For Slash, open everything except the two Bucket tracks.

Glad to see so many of you back at this forum! 9

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Awesome, thanks Evader, will give them both a listen now! I was just listening to some of your mixes the other day and stumbled on your Spanish TWAT. Don't recall ever hearing that one before and loved it big_smile

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Dude...I love these mash-ups. Glad you are still tinkering with new ideas.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

Mmm, Spanish TWAT.

Good to see you still tinkering Evader, my favorite thus far has been your "the general" mix with the quotes. Just badass dude.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Interesting stuff. Don't think Slash's guitar works, on any level, with the very industrial-tinged Silkworms.

Really liked the Bucket mix however.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The Slash version is..........interesting. 18 You've done amazing work but most interesting of all is you have shown both sides of the fence on how Slash and Duff being brought in to the Chinese situation could turn out.

If the World/Slither was incredible. Some may have laughed at the thought when you did it but it was intriguing. It showed how Axl's vocals could simply be pulled from the CD songs and Slash, Duff, and whoever create something great with it. It works. It was catchy as hell and had If the World  stayed in the vault,  we might have eventually heard it turned into something similar. I know one thing...it would've been a hit.

Now this version of Silkworms shows the opposite effect..... that Slash being able to toy around with some of the material might not work. Like Riad and Shackler, its too far removed from his natural style.  Its going to be very interesting if they have already been allowed to go through his vault.

evader

evader wrote:

Will, I'm actually a bit embarrassed now about that old Spanish TWAT mix. I do like the title though.

Me Wise Magic - glad to see you still like hearing this stuff. Saw your comment on Soundcloud and truly appreciate it.

Axlin and James, I agree about the Slash version of SW. Though I do think Slash (and Duff) could make it work, it would have to be a very different track. There is a ton of synth and noise in SW that I doubt Slash would find to his liking.

James, the ITW/Slither mashup isn't one of mine. I did like it though. My Slash/Axl mashup stuff includes CD/Watch This, CITR/Gotten, and the aforementioned Spanish TWAT. I'm a huge Buckethead fan, so my work has focused more on getting him more involved. That, and duets. I dig the duets.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

evader wrote:

Will, I'm actually a bit embarrassed now about that old Spanish TWAT mix. I do like the title though.

Me Wise Magic - glad to see you still like hearing this stuff. Saw your comment on Soundcloud and truly appreciate it.

Axlin and James, I agree about the Slash version of SW. Though I do think Slash (and Duff) could make it work, it would have to be a very different track. There is a ton of synth and noise in SW that I doubt Slash would find to his liking.

James, the ITW/Slither mashup isn't one of mine. I did like it though. My Slash/Axl mashup stuff includes CD/Watch This, CITR/Gotten, and the aforementioned Spanish TWAT. I'm a huge Buckethead fan, so my work has focused more on getting him more involved. That, and duets. I dig the duets.

You are quite welcome. Keep up the great work. Feel free to check out my profile on that site. smile

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
evader wrote:

I need to hear those again. I used to have a LOT of your mixes years ago but lost them all on an old pc. sad

I recently heard that TIL and CITR of yours and it is leaps above the album version. Just cant stand that damn Finck solo....and even IF Ron's work was good on CITR it is just too damn high in the mix.  Boggles my mind when I see people say this album didn't have mixing issues when it clearly does. I don't know anything about this stuff except on a very basic level and even I can hear it. Another thing that proves it is when guys like you, steinhaus, etc. can improve it immensely.

I love the approach you take when placing Bucket in tracks. You could take the safe, easy way out and always use Soothsayer, Jordan, etc. but you dig really deep into his work to find something that would suit the song(s).

Someone told me that ITW/Slither was yours. I stand corrected. I take it Messages from Madagascar isn't either.

Did you do anything with Riad? I remember a mix of the album version with Bucket's solo from the demo mixed into the song but I think imsorry did that. Some fans have said they can picture Slash doing something with Riad......I cant. That is reminiscent of a Praxis track through and through even though Stinson strangely gets credit for it.

Do you have CD/Watch This on hand?

I dont have a soundcloud account or I would have commented, gave it props,  or 'liked' it or whatever they call it these days. 16

evader

evader wrote:

Me Wise Magic - I will definitely check out your Soundcloud profile. I haven't spent much time on there since somebody reported 4 of my uploads a month or two ago.

James, thanks for the TIL and CITR praise. I'm proud of both, and I think that Bucket CITR mix may be some of the best work I've done. Having nearly 300 Bucket albums to pick from is nice, but then again it is a bitch to search through 300 albums for stuff that may work. 14

You are correct about Messages. Not mine. I actually tried mixing Messages with Maddy. They never sounded right to me. As for Riad, I have done a few things with it. Yes, I did a version with the Bucket solo. I also made two duet mashups with a Jewel song that nobody in their right mind (other than me) could possibly enjoy. I take that back. One friend of mine liked them. But he's out of his mind. Do I think Slash could re-work Riad? Sure. I think he, Axl, Duff and Izzy could easily reboot all the CD stuff and make them sound great. Better than what we have? I dunno. But great, no doubt in my mind.

I'll upload the CD/Watch This and the Bucket Riad for you tomorrow. I'm sure they are somewhere where I can find them.

Board footer