You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 644 

Re: Nightrain Official Site

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Richard is all over CD II

We heard this SAME thing about CD....for YEARS.



His playing on the last tour cycle was amazing

Which goes back to....


he's a touring guitarist at best


Fortus fans are funny.....loved the solos when they thought they were his and not Bucket's then no longer liked them and loved the rhythm until they found out it was Paul's. 14 Then they'd say "Just you wait until Cd II!" while apparently forgetting they had spent years saying "just you wait until CD!"...

Not lumping you in with his extreme fan club ID but anytime he gets brought up in regards to recording it reminds me of those days.

misterID
 Rep: 469 

Re: Nightrain Official Site

misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
misterID wrote:

Richard is all over CD II

We heard this SAME thing about CD....for YEARS.



His playing on the last tour cycle was amazing

Which goes back to....


he's a touring guitarist at best


Fortus fans are funny.....loved the solos when they thought they were his and not Bucket's then no longer liked them and loved the rhythm until they found out it was Paul's. 14 Then they'd say "Just you wait until Cd II!" while apparently forgetting they had spent years saying "just you wait until CD!"...

Not lumping you in with his extreme fan club ID but anytime he gets brought up in regards to recording it reminds me of those days.

Really, I don't know about Richard supposedly being all over CD, because even back then it was known CD was focused more on the music that was there before him, I never got caught in that argument. I'm anxious to hear his stuff. Supposedly he was behind Going Down, which I really dig.

I wasn't a Fortus fan officially until 2010 smile

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Nightrain Official Site

Axlin16 wrote:

No, no, it's true ID. I can remember that period as well, and James is right, and for awhile there were Fortus nutswingers all over the boards that kept swearing up and down that Richard was all over CD and was the secret weapon, when people were wanting to cut him and his 3rd guitar.

Then leaks happened, and certain Dick nutswingers went on about how AWESOME Richard sounded like on the leaks. See, we told 'ya. Only to find out the solos, and mid-section parts were all Bucket.

Then they reverted to the album, certain songs leaked again, they credited Richard, and then the liner notes came out and it was Tobias on the record.

I think Richard is underrated and gonna do a fine job, he did on this last tour, but the truth remains... we don't really know what Richard's place in GN'R is going to be, in terms of the fabric of the music, specifically studio material.


For a variety of reasons right now. For one, if they do put anything out, which Slash being back in the band, Slash, WITHOUT A DOUBT, will be re-recording ANYTHING in the CD vault for future GN'R releases, unless Axl decides to scrap the board and start fresh -- which I doubt. More than likely, anything remotely that features Richard as a lead will be scrapped.

Secondly, if the other rumors of Izzy being involved in the studio are true... again... Richard is gonna be told to sit in the corner. Izzy very well could become an exclusive studio-musician for GN'R, and if he is, you can bet those studio records personnel is gonna be Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Frank, Dizzy, and Mother Goose running all the buttons and extra FX stuff it needs. Frank has a place. Dizzy has a place. Even Chris has a place. But if Izzy is there... Richard will be relegated to being strictly a touring musician.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Nightrain Official Site

Axlin16 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Dizzy is as important as Duff? GTFO

Absolutely.

Do you really think that the general audience knows, and gives two flying shits that Duff fucking McKagan is there? I don't give a damn how many MyGNR nerds post in the comment section on Yahoo articles, to the general public, again... a reunion = Axl & Slash.

Know why?

Duff performed with Axl & Dizzy for several shows as GN'R in 2014... and N-O-B-O-D-Y C-A-R-E-D.

Outside of the diehards



All of the sudden Slash comes back, and we're talking $3-4 million a show, there the #1 story in rock for the last 6 months, other than a few rock star deaths.


So yes... Duff is as important as Dizzy. So why didn't Dizzy get a slice of the pie? 26 years is a lot of loyalty. My only guess is Dizzy has no writing credits on the old catalog, and/or Dizzy was asked and decline (which would be dumb, but then again -- Izzy declined too).

Why does Duff get all this credit? What makes him so special from a business standpoint, and a money standpoint? Let's be honest... this is ALL ABOUT -- SLASH being back.


Duff is the glue between Axl and Slash. The fact Duff and Axl hooked up after many years is likely the main reason Axl changed his mind on Slash. Duff is a cool, smart guy and I have no doubt he played pracemaker here.

I agree Duff played peacemaker here, and probably was able to help them understand each others' points. He deserves that credit.

But the Dizzy comment I made was not to prop up Dizzy, but to knock down Duff.

The truth is, I could take Axl + Slash, plus Reb Beach, Tommy Aldridge, and pretty much all of David Coverdale's backing band from Whitesnake currently, and call it "Guns N' Roses REUNION"


And 99% of the public wouldn't know a damn thing about Duff McKagan not being there. Me wonders if this branding has to do with some of those "I felt like chopped liver" complaints that Duff made during the UYI period about how he was so involved, yet would walk into a hotel, have hundreds of people rush right past him and mob Axl for an autograph. Yet Duff was just as involved with creating GN'R as Axl... and yet no one cared.

Maybe this is Axl & Slash's thank you to Duff. Branding and marketing him as an equal player to GN'R. But again, if you're gonna do it for a no-name like Duff (let's be REALLY honest here), why not Dizzy who has the 2nd most tenure in GN'R behind Axl?


Just a thought

Slash McKagan
 Rep: 11 

Re: Nightrain Official Site

Axlin16 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

Absolutely.

Do you really think that the general audience knows, and gives two flying shits that Duff fucking McKagan is there? I don't give a damn how many MyGNR nerds post in the comment section on Yahoo articles, to the general public, again... a reunion = Axl & Slash.

Know why?

Duff performed with Axl & Dizzy for several shows as GN'R in 2014... and N-O-B-O-D-Y C-A-R-E-D.

Outside of the diehards



All of the sudden Slash comes back, and we're talking $3-4 million a show, there the #1 story in rock for the last 6 months, other than a few rock star deaths.


So yes... Duff is as important as Dizzy. So why didn't Dizzy get a slice of the pie? 26 years is a lot of loyalty. My only guess is Dizzy has no writing credits on the old catalog, and/or Dizzy was asked and decline (which would be dumb, but then again -- Izzy declined too).

Why does Duff get all this credit? What makes him so special from a business standpoint, and a money standpoint? Let's be honest... this is ALL ABOUT -- SLASH being back.


Duff is the glue between Axl and Slash. The fact Duff and Axl hooked up after many years is likely the main reason Axl changed his mind on Slash. Duff is a cool, smart guy and I have no doubt he played pracemaker here.

I agree Duff played peacemaker here, and probably was able to help them understand each others' points. He deserves that credit.

But the Dizzy comment I made was not to prop up Dizzy, but to knock down Duff.

The truth is, I could take Axl + Slash, plus Reb Beach, Tommy Aldridge, and pretty much all of David Coverdale's backing band from Whitesnake currently, and call it "Guns N' Roses REUNION"


And 99% of the public wouldn't know a damn thing about Duff McKagan not being there. Me wonders if this branding has to do with some of those "I felt like chopped liver" complaints that Duff made during the UYI period about how he was so involved, yet would walk into a hotel, have hundreds of people rush right past him and mob Axl for an autograph. Yet Duff was just as involved with creating GN'R as Axl... and yet no one cared.

Maybe this is Axl & Slash's thank you to Duff. Branding and marketing him as an equal player to GN'R. But again, if you're gonna do it for a no-name like Duff (let's be REALLY honest here), why not Dizzy who has the 2nd most tenure in GN'R behind Axl?


Just a thought

Duff is more important than you give him credit for...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Nightrain Official Site

Axlin16 wrote:

I love DUFF. This isn't about me taking credit away from Duff. If i'm willing to mark out to Dizzy, i'll obviously mark out to Duff.


But the bottom line is people ain't paying $300 bucks a ticket for Duff McKagan. They just ain't. They got Duff McKagan last year for cheap.

This whole money thing is all Axl & Slash. So why Duff, and not Dizzy? That's the only hypothetical I was ever trying to present, lol.

misterID
 Rep: 469 

Re: Nightrain Official Site

misterID wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

No, no, it's true ID. I can remember that period as well, and James is right, and for awhile there were Fortus nutswingers all over the boards that kept swearing up and down that Richard was all over CD and was the secret weapon, when people were wanting to cut him and his 3rd guitar.

Then leaks happened, and certain Dick nutswingers went on about how AWESOME Richard sounded like on the leaks. See, we told 'ya. Only to find out the solos, and mid-section parts were all Bucket.

Then they reverted to the album, certain songs leaked again, they credited Richard, and then the liner notes came out and it was Tobias on the record.

I think Richard is underrated and gonna do a fine job, he did on this last tour, but the truth remains... we don't really know what Richard's place in GN'R is going to be, in terms of the fabric of the music, specifically studio material.


For a variety of reasons right now. For one, if they do put anything out, which Slash being back in the band, Slash, WITHOUT A DOUBT, will be re-recording ANYTHING in the CD vault for future GN'R releases, unless Axl decides to scrap the board and start fresh -- which I doubt. More than likely, anything remotely that features Richard as a lead will be scrapped.

Secondly, if the other rumors of Izzy being involved in the studio are true... again... Richard is gonna be told to sit in the corner. Izzy very well could become an exclusive studio-musician for GN'R, and if he is, you can bet those studio records personnel is gonna be Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Frank, Dizzy, and Mother Goose running all the buttons and extra FX stuff it needs. Frank has a place. Dizzy has a place. Even Chris has a place. But if Izzy is there... Richard will be relegated to being strictly a touring musician.

I seriously don't remember any of that, or Izzy being in the studio, but I've heard Richard and Slash have been working very closely together.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

Re: Nightrain Official Site

supaplex wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

I love DUFF. This isn't about me taking credit away from Duff. If i'm willing to mark out to Dizzy, i'll obviously mark out to Duff.


But the bottom line is people ain't paying $300 bucks a ticket for Duff McKagan. They just ain't. They got Duff McKagan last year for cheap.

This whole money thing is all Axl & Slash. So why Duff, and not Dizzy? That's the only hypothetical I was ever trying to present, lol.

I think you'll find at least a part of that answer in Duff's book.
It was the AFD 5 all the way.
They are friends.
Dizzy didn't even write that much. Yeah he's been in the band 25 years. Touring piano player.

misterID
 Rep: 469 

Re: Nightrain Official Site

misterID wrote:

Dizzy is more than a touring piano player, but a songwriting partner also. No reason to diminish the guy...

apex-twin
 Rep: 199 

Re: Nightrain Official Site

apex-twin wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

This whole money thing is all Axl & Slash.

Ding, ding.

Duff is the reliable wingman, an affable familiar face contributing to the reunion 'feel'.
He's a good foil to both Slash and Axl, with his print writing and sense of responsibility.

Izzy is a throwback to the 'classic' era - mind you, he left early into the UYI tour.
He's 'the one that got away', the elusive, care-free troubadour. He'll be loved more than missed.

The drummer... wait, who was that again? Adler played on Appetite, but there've been others...
Oh, well. We can probably manage without a Matt Sorum drum solo.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB