You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Re: Donald Trump running for President

Rex wrote:
TheMole wrote:
Rex wrote:

I don't think it's that big of a deal. It's not like he said it's the leading cause of terrorism. He's just saying that down the line, shit like that will happen.

I think it works out okay either way, 'cause he's all for not meddling in the middle east and letting the muslim countries take the lead in fighting ISIS. I'm sure a Sanders presidency will have a positive effect on terrorism because of that. And that should be his message, climate change is a different (and admittedly at least as important) topic, no need to conflate the two.

I agree. At least it's something that is being talked about at all in the democrat debates. The Republicans refuse to believe it at all.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

he ended racist job programs like Affirmative Action

This AA shit needed to end five minutes after it started.

She is a Bilderberg insider who has been apart of wiping out whole countries and lining her pockets while serving the Project for a New American Century agenda.

Yep and the dems who claimed to hate Bush love her yet she's for the exact same things. Just give W a 3rd term if we're reduced to Hilary.

Trump could be the Devil himself. But don't boo honesty. Trump's fucking the entire political game up and they're panicking.

This is why I like him. BOTH sides hate him which means he's doing something right. This country needs someone who is willing to actually do something besides sit back and have drinks while laughing with the politicians they were just bitching about five minutes earlier on TV. It's all a game to these people and this country is long overdue for a dose of reality.

Its also time for some severe backlashes to the garbage that is corrupting this nation. Trump even brought up how he's sick and tired of all the fake outrage over every little thing that happens nowadays. He deserves the presidency if he can just get rid of that tripe yet do nothing else.

This ultra PC era we live in needs to be flushed down the toilet yesterday. Our country is being turned into a cesspool and our politicians are laughing about it.

And yes Obama's birth certificate was a hoax/hackjob. I didn't believe it at first, and thought it was neo-Con conspiracy, but when I looked into it... yes, everything about Obama was a total fucking work.

I think after his presidency is over the truth is finally going to come out.

The whole rise of Obama is the biggest con in this country's history. The media continuously shoved him down our throats til enough people bought it. I'll never forget those videos in 2008 when they went up to people yelling all that "change" crap and asked them to name ONE position Obama stood for and they couldn't.

IQ tests should be required before being allowed to vote. If you don't know one goddamn position your candidate stands for.... please for the love of god stay a light year away from the polls so the rest of the country doesn't have to take an express elevator to hell.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

"stay out of the middle east and let the middle eastern countries step up"....

Do you think we would be over there if these other middle eastern countries had the will to do this? I don't want to be there either.  But they will kill each other over there if nobody goes in to stop them.  It would not just be pure peace if we left.  There is not a good path for the US here.  We are fucked either way.  ISIS needs to be defeated so all the migrants can leave Europe and help build Syria and Iraq back up.... Not impose their will and beliefs on Europe and becoming a drain on Europe...

James

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Do you think we would be over there if these other middle eastern countries had the will to do this?

YES.

Not just for the puddle of Texas tea either. It's the most strategic spot on the planet and the U.S. is the world's first(and only) hyper power. I don't care how many nukes Russia has, how many ground troops China has that are bordering on landlocked, the monthly threats from North Korea, etc......the US dominates the entire globe and it's not going to change. The U.S. is so powerful that it can ride out incompetent presidencies and still retain its position. Obama's stance on Syria(and the Middle East in general) is dangerous and verging on lunacy. Russia is attempting to fill that vacuum and while I actually support their role in fighting ISIS there, that is a trip wire for a potential US-Russia war which could break out in WWIII in minutes. However, our military is so advanced and when also taking into consideration how it is spread across the region, even Russia knows it can only go so far in whatever Putin initially had up his sleeve.

It would not just be pure peace if we left.

I understand why our troops needed to come home from Iraq but pulling out of there to the extent we did was a mistake. It's a major factor in the current shape the Middle East is in. Keeping troop levels the same wasn't the answer either. Hell....Evo member Flagg served there off and on for years. There had to be a breaking point. The rest of the world(I'm looking at you NATO countries) needed to play a larger role in Iraq. The US cant do EVERYTHING all the time. Technically it can I suppose but then other areas of the world also have to be constantly monitored and there is always a chance for a new crisis to flare up.

If we pulled out completely that place would literally turn into pure hell on earth and in some places it already is. Flagg always asked a good question on this though......is it worth the loss of potentially thousands of american lives? I would say no but it is a very complex situation. I really wish the US and Russia(along with Europe) could have united on this and such a grand alliance might be able to nail the coffin shut on ISIS.

I said this when that horrific attack in Paris happened....any real solution over there is going to require extreme amounts of violence whether its continuous bombing and/or tens of thousands(if not hundreds) of ground troops going town to town like the Einsatzgruppen in WWII and something that drastic is certainly off the table.

There needs to be plans being drawn up to come up with a solution and not just let the situation be static. What happens if ISIS hits Beijing causing mass casualties? Does the world want their token Navy floating around over there as well? What happens if they pull off a terrorist attack here or God forbid at the coming Olympics in Rio?

ISIS needs to be defeated so all the migrants can leave Europe and help build Syria and Iraq back up.... Not impose their will and beliefs on Europe and becoming a drain on Europe...

The migrants need to leave anyways. Europe is one or two election cycles away from becoming very unstable and it's only going to take ONE bad incident that the media will jump on(lets say a beautiful, rich white girl getting gang raped) that will cause mass riots and violence towards the migrants that will make the current tensions there look like a Mayberry picnic.

The EU never should've allowed that situation to get so out of control. What happens there can(and will) have ramifications here. This is easily the most important election for this country since 1980. I think it is frightening when looking at how many people are running and how our country's only hope may be Donald Trump of all people.

DtM51
 Rep: 6 

DtM51 wrote:

Sanders is a communist plain and simple, so to say that hes a good alternative to Ron Paul i think is wrong. Ron Paul was for Liberty and freedom, Sanders is not. Sanders as well as Hillary and most democrats are leading the PC culture. And free college, free healthcare, all his promises come with a price (not just the one you couldn't pay for by taxing all of the 1%) which is loss of freedoms. A government that is big enough to provide all your needs is also able to take them away. If they give you free healthcare, well then they can tell you what you can and can't consume. An extreme example; "Guns n Roses Appetite for Destruction is to obscene and it should be banned from all sales, for the better of the people". Might sound crazy but at the current path this country is on i can see a day like that coming....oh ya this winter did anyone read the news about how people think the song "White Christmas" is racist....

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
TheMole wrote:
Rex wrote:

I would really like to see the clip where Bernie Sanders says global warming leads to terrorism.

I looked it up, Axlin is referring to this: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter … mate-chan/

So, while he did not say that climate change was responsible for ISIS (which is what you originally claimed, Axlin), he's clearly stating that there is a direct link between global warming and terrorism. I sincerely disagree with the narrative that he's pushing here and am very disappointed that he's not backing down from that statement. Yes, a point can be made that climate change and extreme weather events in poor countries are contributing factors to the rise of terrorism, but no way is it the most important. He's clearly overstating the link to get more support for his climate change plans, which of course takes away from other, more important causes of terrorism that absolutely need to be addressed.

Having said that, as far as foreign policy is concerned, he is the closest thing to a non-interventionist of the bunch after Paul (incidentally the only republican that I could see myself voting for), so I still think that Sanders is the best choice of the front runners when it comes to foreign policy. And if you're a non-interventionist, or a secularist (i.e. if you like Paul), and given Paul's inability to gain traction, I don't think there's a better alternative than Bernie.

Thanks for pointing it out though, I hadn't seen that clip before. It's a damn fucking shame he's really holding on to that position... 17

I sincerely hope Bernie doesn't actually believe the garbage that spews from his mouth on Global Warming.

The problem is "Climate Change" has become a political football, and has no basis in any sort of scientific fact anymore. I could get into Climate Change being directly caused by all the chemical testing (i.e. Chem Trails, among other tests which have now been confirmed by various sources). The government makes the problem, the corporations make the problem, it adversely affects the climate, and now suddenly the citizenry/taxpayers have to pay for it. Even the Pope is giving speeches talking about how it's our responsibility or otherwise Jesus doesn't love us or whatever.

Unfortunately what's happened is, now you have to be a believer in Climate Change in order to be a "good Democratic candidate". No different than Republicans all have to mark out to God or Christianity, in order to even get consideration.

Climate change is a real thing, but unfortunately it has been bastardized by the Globalists in order to suit their agenda, have raped the land and bankrupted the system... and still... they're trying to find a gimmick (Climate change) to get US to pay for it. It's OUR fault. OUR carbon footprint. While Bernie & Hilary travel the land is SUV's to deliver their "saving the world" message.

Like I said. Bernie strikes me as a man that has good intentions. He just doesn't live in the real world. He's envisions some Star Trek-ian world where all problems are solved and the Federation runs everything fluidly. It's just not realistic.

As crazy as it sounds, true balance would be Donald Trump as President (the face, the image, nothing more), Rand Paul as Vice President (the brains, the actual decision maker), Ted Cruz as Sec. of Treasury, Jesse Ventura as Sec. of Defense, and Bernie Sanders as Secretary of State.

This is the kind of balance we need. Stop with party politics and put people in positions they'd actually be good in and stop with endless wars, endless spending, endless globalism, and get back to the basics of America minding it's own goddamn business, being strong, but also keeping an open mind and not discriminating against others.

Rex wrote:
TheMole wrote:
Rex wrote:

I don't think it's that big of a deal. It's not like he said it's the leading cause of terrorism. He's just saying that down the line, shit like that will happen.

I think it works out okay either way, 'cause he's all for not meddling in the middle east and letting the muslim countries take the lead in fighting ISIS. I'm sure a Sanders presidency will have a positive effect on terrorism because of that. And that should be his message, climate change is a different (and admittedly at least as important) topic, no need to conflate the two.

I agree. At least it's something that is being talked about at all in the democrat debates. The Republicans refuse to believe it at all.

That's because, like I mention above -- Climate Change has become a political football. It longer has any basis in reality and exists solely to progress an agenda. The decision has been made that "Liberals believe in Climate Change" and "Conservatives do not" or "Conservatives do not believe in man made climate change" (which is the safer alternative).

The Republicans can't be seen as supporting it, because they decided they wouldn't support it in order to propagate their "left/right" / "blue/red" / "red light"/"green light" illusion of choice we call "voting". Not for any reason of hating the environment, or vice versa, but for the plain simple fact that " 'Publicans are anti-taxes" and anything related to climate change will be pro-taxes, and thus affect their very anti-taxes voting electorate.

In order words, to even remotely support the idea would threaten their power structure. But based on Agenda 2030, it looks like the world's globalists are already on board, and that the UN will be executing and enforcing any of these policies, thereby absolving the GOP of any wrong doing once the time comes for all of these new policies take place.

But they have to keep the paradigm going. If they suddenly were to unify on the issue, the voter base would balk. They still have to ease them into believing they are endanger.

Look towards the coming years to see more and more loss of product or rights that mean alot of Republican voters being blamed on Climate Change (such as the intentional De-valueing of crude oil and rocky stocks), in order to Fear the GOP base into embracing Climate Change "initiatives".

roll

For example:

In the state of FL,  there was a huge court/goverment battle with Duke Energy for violating global climate initiatives and pumping excess pollution into the air on the state of FL, and liberal/progressives in the state pushed a fee or violation or punishment being levied to "Set a precedent" that they would no longer stand by and let these Slimey Corporations pollute our world, our state, yada yada yada. Liberals/Progressives in the state were ruled in favor of, and saw it as a huge Environmental Law victory.

All Duke Energy did for the region is cut back usage, cut jobs, and raised prices on customers by triple.

Then they were all outraged, and not a single, goddamn thing, was ever done to rectify it.

This is Climate Change. It's a scam folks. If the government doesn't tax you to death, the corporations will fee you to death. They're in on it together with THEIR science. THEIR grants. THEIR "facts" & "proof".

Sadly, I actually think it's a real thing. But it's been so bastardized, and whored-out to suit an agenda, that were all gonna be ass gaping for, and we didn't even do anything wrong.

Wake up. Put on the sunglasses.

James

James wrote:

Before one more penny is spent on climate change,  I want them to tell me why the entire solar system is heating up and if they think I'm dumb enough to believe my tankful of gas is warming up Pluto.... they better think again.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Because if they told you that, they might have to admit that the shit people saw in "Interstellar" has been going on for years.

*cue X-Files intro*

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I don't even care that people believe that; it's how they talk to people that dare to question it that pisses me off

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I want them to tell me why the entire solar system is heating up and if they think I'm dumb enough to believe my tankful of gas is warming up Pluto.... they better think again.

It isn't. The overall the temperature in the solar system has dropping for the past 30 odd years (since the mid-70s), as measured by irradiance from the sun (the only real source of heat in the solar system that affects the entire thing). On a smaller time-scale, there has been an uptick in solar activity since 2011, but it's important to know that this a 'seasonal' effect as far as the sun is concerned. Every 11 years, the sun will cycle from peak solar activity to it's lower solar activity, and 2011 represented the lowest point in such a cycle. Taking a longer-term perspective and averaging out these 11-year seasons the output of the sun is clearly dropping.

Some measurements seem to indicate that some of the outer planets are warming up, but we really don't have enough data to make a realistic assessment about the reasons for this. For instance, Pluto has a 248 year long orbit around the sun and we've only known about its existence for 86 years. Any warming/cooling we see on Pluto are likely the effect of normal seasonal changes. Hell, we only have measured the temperature data on Pluto twice, once in 1988 and once in 2002. How the hell can you draw any conclusions from that?

So no, the entire solar system is not heating up. On the contrary, it seems to be cooling down.

Board footer