You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

polluxlm wrote:
bigbri wrote:
bigbri wrote:

My son just bought a PS4 and it arrives tomorrow.

Question is: All my HDMI slots are used up on our TV. Will the PS4 work with an HDMI splitter and power it? Or does the splitter need its own AC power?

I WILL NOT BE IGNORED, FUCKERS!

3 Answers from the Community

Select type of answer. Choosing a selection will reload the page.

What you are actually looking for is called an "HDMI Switcher". An HDMI Switch will have multiple HDMI inputs and one HDMI output. These can be found for as little as $10+ and many will offer between 2-5 HDMI inputs.

Don't get this confused with an "HDMI Splitter" which will have one HDMI input and multiple HDMI outputs (used to connect to multiple displays or send audio to a receiver).

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Thanks guys.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I need the switcher.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I'm now about 45 hours into inquisition ... im a level 15 archer and still can't kill a dragon lol

Romanced Cassandra, specialized in assassin

My to party is Cass, blackwall and dorian...nearly romanced him on accident lol he kissed me and everything so I had to cut him off

I'm finding ALOT of time is spent in menus and fast traveling between areas

But This game is huge, and it's very well done...very reminiscent of the orig Baldurs Gate

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I'm now about 45 hours into inquisition ... im a level 15 archer and still can't kill a dragon lol

Romanced Cassandra, specialized in assassin

My to party is Cass, blackwall and dorian...nearly romanced him on accident lol he kissed me and everything so I had to cut him off

I'm finding ALOT of time is spent in menus and fast traveling between areas

But This game is huge, and it's very well done...very reminiscent of the orig Baldurs Gate

Yeah, it's huge! It kind of put me off of the game for a little bit. I got overwhelmed and had to pump the brakes, so to speak. I came back after a month or so and just focused on the story. Next playthrough I will go through all the side stuff.

johndivney wrote:

For me there were a couple of times when I had to force my way thru the pain. Like, "you've come this far you're not going to waste all that time only to give up on the game?!" Definitely a lot of the times I didn't enjoy the length.
& yes definitely a lot of fast travelling & menu interaction. However the pace does pick up near the end & the endgame of the

Hidden Text:

dragon hunting

. The later run of quests I thought were really good, with them I'd made peace with the game again.

Going to add the witness & this war of mine to the pile..
It used to be cd's I amassed & collected now it seems to be games. The witness d/ling now.. War of mine on pre-order..
Price of both was ridiculous tho felt dumb for buying them at full price.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

I was lookin at the witness yesterday. ..ign gave it a 1010!?

johndivney wrote:

gave it a wee blast during lunch there. seems immediately similar to that flow free ios/android game mixed in w/afirst person puzzler. dunno if it was the wisest purchase tbh..

AtariLegend wrote:

Not to say that this means anything, but IGN in the past have been accused now and again of giving generous reviews to companies who have alot of money to make here and there.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Oh I know they are sketchy...but it was a surprise Cu ice never heard of it before and it gets a perfect score? Wtf?

One thing that bothers me is all the indy games...I should be able to ignore them if I want. ..not generally a big fan of non aaa titles and half the time I gotta research what I'm looking at...there should be a separate section on both psn and ign/GameSpot for them imo

Board footer