You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Update from Izzy Stradlin

johndivney wrote:

Give him one of the support slots, let him play a solo set. Bring him on stage for a couple of tunes.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

What a bummer. What seemed like a guarantee due to past tours looks unlikely, at least this year. SG is right, its not a hard denial and maybe he's open to doing the 30th anniversary shindig. Looks like all the 'insiders' were wrong and were just thinking it was a safe guess to say Izzy would be involved.

Major kudos to Izzy for addressing the issue. He obviously knows many fans want him involved so he decided to clue us in on the situation.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Izzy Wizzy Lets Get Bizzy izzy

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I hope Izzy isn't doing this so that he is "missed" and kind of a "side story" because he didn't come back. Kind of like having a pity party for attention. This in his mind may give him even more attention for when he comes back.  Then everyone will say "it wasn't a real reunion until Izzy came back!, so all those other shows didn't mean shit, now that Izzy is back it is a real reunion". IZZY, you have nothing better to do. PLAY THE FUCKING SHOW. But it is your call homey.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I hope Izzy isn't doing this so that he is "missed" and kind of a "side story" because he didn't come back. Kind of like having a pity party for attention. This in his mind may give him even more attention for when he comes back.  Then everyone will say "it wasn't a real reunion until Izzy came back!, so all those other shows didn't mean shit, now that Izzy is back it is a real reunion".

Obviously I don't know the guy but based on his career and what we know of him, that's not how he rolls.

I agree that him not doing it is odd. He played with every CD lineup but the 01-02 lineup and Axl made the offer in 01 but he declined. This was when Izzy was still in that "its not Guns N Roses" mindset. He has stated before that he'd be open to a reunion.....its here.....and he's not involved.

This probably isn't even technically a reunion. Its a CD reboot with the two most iconic classic members of the band and they just get to have the massive buzz from the media and fans calling it a reunion. This would also help explain the silence.

If its a reboot....CD II is still in play at some point.

A REAL reunion might be on tap for next year.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

He only denied April.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Who gives a shit. Fuck it. Piss or get off the pot. Funny how he didn't do the RNRHOF then toured with Axl, now that Axl is playing with Slash suddenly Izzy can't do it. Maybe he is just a flake. Oh well, Slash and Duff will deliver along with Axl. This is work. Hard work.  Slash will rehearse his ass off. I don't know if Izzy has it in him. To him this sounds like work. He may not want that. That is fine. Fortus will do great. See ya Bruh.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Izzy-and-Slash-guns-n-roses-34199297-500-600.jpg

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Who gives a shit. Fuck it. Piss or get off the pot. Funny how he didn't do the RNRHOF then toured with Axl, now that Axl is playing with Slash suddenly Izzy can't do it. Maybe he is just a flake. Oh well, Slash and Duff will deliver along with Axl. This is work. Hard work.  Slash will rehearse his ass off. I don't know if Izzy has it in him. To him this sounds like work. He may not want that. That is fine. Fortus will do great. See ya Bruh.

Find a Vietnamese massage parlor, man. You're in need of a happy ending. You seem backed up. 16

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Find a Vietnamese massage parlor, man. You're in need of a happy ending. You seem backed up. 16

yikes well, I am not buying it. Ha.

Board footer