You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Update from Izzy Stradlin

AtariLegend wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Looks like all the 'insiders' were wrong and were just thinking it was a safe guess to say Izzy would be involved.

The only positive.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

We won't know anything till Vegas. I kind of like that.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm not believing any of this insider shit or info coming from various sites. Until something is announced through official GNR channels or Slash and Duff, its not true. Period.

This is why I've been wanting management to change strategies. Fans should not have to be guessing on things like lineups. When Izzy has to come out of hiding to kill the rumor that he's going to be there AND he's working on GNR songs, it really shows that it needs to be handled differently.

Bri makes a good point. He only denied "upcoming shows". However, he shouldn't even have been placed in the position to have to do that.

James

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

We won't know anything till Vegas. I kind of like that.

In a way, a bit of mystery is good....in a way, it's not. The entire CD saga was handled like that and look how it turned out. There's nothing wrong with keeping fans up to date on current events. They are the only major band to use this strategy.

Its going to be just like Hammerstein where no one knows who is in the band until showtime.

Now that Izzy has denied he's involved, there's no point in hiding the lineup any longer. They will of course because this is how GNR has been handled since 2000.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Well they have only advertised the trilogy. So nobody else means anything. We are getting the big 3. That is it. If Izzy or Adler show up it is a gift. But the big 3 (partnership) is Guns N Roses per their agreement. I think we get some info about 3 weeks prior to the shows or maybe a little later. Something will come out or some teasers etc.

AtariLegend wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

If Izzy or Adler show up it is a gift.

...But you said Adler would be there for a tour a few months ago tongue.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

The Izzy hate is real yikes.

Love the guy personally. Well within his rights to let us know what's going on and personally given the lack of news I appreciate it. Following him on twitter now too big_smile

James

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Well they have only advertised the trilogy. So nobody else means anything. We are getting the big 3. That is it.

Yep. We already knew that to an extent because of how those three hold all the cards but now with Izzy's statement, it is set in stone.

Everyone but those three are irrelevant. If they were relevant, they'd have been mentioned by now. Like I said a couple weeks ago, you could put Roseanne Barr on drums and its still GNR.

I'd just like an update at some point on which direction this thing is going, and by updates I don't mean insiders saying they're working on new material,etc.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I know it Atari... The Car Wash dream remains alive for me. Izzy is trying to derail it by throwing us a curve ball. We will see the AFD 5.

James

James wrote:

I think we'll see the AFD shindig at some point as well. I just don't think its happening right now.

Board footer