You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: GN'R Twitter Updates

faldor wrote:

I just think Chris overreacted in the heat of the moment and tried to do damage control after moments of reflection by taking down the post. He's not the first to do it, and surely won't be the last. Who knows what exactly tipped him over the edge, and I honestly don't care. This is only a big deal for those who are hoping and wishing this means he's no longer in the band. It honestly makes no difference to me. Like James said, if he's in, great. That would signal a move forward in terms of song writing with a mix of old school and new school, or what however you want to look at it. If he's out and they want to go full fledged reunion, I'll gladly take that. But I'm not about to sit here and pout about who is or isn't involved. I don't make a practice out of disliking band members who I know nothing about on a personal level. To each their own though, that's just me.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Apex, you really  think Axl had Chris tweet those things because he didn't like how the promotion was going?  Oh my heavens.... Why not have Fortus and Dizzy tweet the same?  Wow.

Faldor, I only commented on Pittman AFTER his childish tweets. Not prior. I have every right as you give your thoughts on the matter and he seems very imature to be 55 years old.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Apex, you really  think Axl had Chris tweet those things because he didn't like how the promotion was going?  Oh my heavens.... Why not have Fortus and Dizzy tweet the same?  Wow.

Faldor, I only commented on Pittman AFTER his childish tweets. Not prior. I have every right as you give your thoughts on the matter and he seems very imature to be 55 years old.

You have every right to express your dislike for him. Just like he has every right to lash out at those who talk negatively about him. Doesn't necessarily make it right, but it's certainly within bounds. Fans want these guys yo be accessible and interactive, yet when they pay attention to what the fans are saying and speak their minds, sometimes you're not going to like what you hear. Whether it's this incident, Axl lashing out at Madison, Ron ripping into divney, Keith Richards talking shit about Mick, Joe Perry dumping on Steven. Sometimes it isn't pretty when people's true feelings come out.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I would say it's a fair possibility, yes.

Will you stop attacking Chris and everyone else already? This is getting tiresome.

Whatever point you've set out to make, I'm sure you've voiced out by now.

johndivney wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Axl a lot in the studio during the last 1,5 years.

No matter what way you rearrange these words I will never believe them!

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I really haven't attacked anyone. Pitman brought this on himself through his own actions. From 1998 to 2015 I never brought the dude up. But when I began to learn more of this guy, I was turned off by his whole attitude. He is not Keith Richards or Joe Perry. He came off as petty and ungrateful. That is a rational belief after reading the tweets any outsider would make. Doesn't make him a bad dude, but it does open the door for judgement.

I wouldn't keep going after him if he would just keep his pie hole shut. So the more he says stupid shit the more I don't want him involved.

Time line of when I started wondering about Pitman:

1998-2015 No feelings on the guy either way

Late 2015 I see a YouTube video where he says "Guns" doesn't need to release new music because there is no money in it.

Early 2016 he complains he was told by GNR to not talk about upcoming shows

February 2015 a series of angry tweets come out where he is pissed guys that been in the band for 20 years are not mentioned, that MyGNR got his birthday mixed up with another Chris Pitman, and that posters at MYGNR are cock suckers.

Prior to late 2015 I NEVER SAW ANYONE TALK ABOUT THE GUY.

Axlin said he has a really bad sense of humor and says stupid shit a lot. So that gave me hope maybe I was being too hard him and he was just bullshitting. I hope that is the case.

Rant over and next time you wonder why SG began "bashing" Pitman or more accurately "reporting his own actions" you can reference this post. I laid it out beautifully.

faldor

faldor wrote:

SG, I think I can simplify it even better. You began having a problem with Chris when this "reunion" news broke out. He doesn't fit the bill for you, and you're not alone. Not many see the need for a 2nd keyboardist, especially with Slash and Duff back in the fold. His sheer presence seemed to frustrate you. Things he said only enhanced those feelings. Again, you have that right. You don't have to like everyone. But that's basically how I see it. You've made it quite clear you want the AFD 5. You're willing to accept Frank and Richard if Izzy and Steven can't be counted on full time, but that's obviously your top option. You'd probably prefer Gilby and Matt too, but you have no use for Chris because you don't see the need for him. Let's be honest. Your dislike for the guy is secondary. And unfortunately for him, he keeps making your case stronger when he opens his mouth.

I still think it's overblown though. Unless his status has indeed changed. But he basically got pissed and told off a segment of people that didn't care for him. There's really no crime committed there.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
faldor wrote:

SG, I think I can simplify it even better. You began having a problem with Chris when this "reunion" news broke out. He doesn't fit the bill for you, and you're not alone. Not many see the need for a 2nd keyboardist, especially with Slash and Duff back in the fold. His sheer presence seemed to frustrate you. Things he said only enhanced those feelings. Again, you have that right. You don't have to like everyone. But that's basically how I see it. You've made it quite clear you want the AFD 5. You're willing to accept Frank and Richard if Izzy and Steven can't be counted on full time, but that's obviously your top option. You'd probably prefer Gilby and Matt too, but you have no use for Chris because you don't see the need for him. Let's be honest. Your dislike for the guy is secondary. And unfortunately for him, he keeps making your case stronger when he opens his mouth.

I still think it's overblown though. Unless his status has indeed changed. But he basically got pissed and told off a segment of people that didn't care for him. There's really no crime committed there.

I wanted the AFD 5 involved but I knew that Dizzy would be there of course and really if he makes the show better I don't mind Chris. You can have the 5 plus Frank and Richard if you want 2 drums and 3 guitars. I still think we will see the original 5 on stage together even if for a song or 2 and I will take what I can get with that. I don't hate the idea of a 2nd keyboard player because we had one with Teddy Zig Zag on UYI.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I love how every single forum junkie in this thread has posted a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT theory to why and what happened with Chris, and absolutely NONE of us are on the same page.

Ladies and gentlemen...

This is being a band

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

If Chris' outburst are solely due to his birthday not being right in a forum bio, I gotta say I'm losing respect for the guy.

Might be something else in the mix though.

Board footer