You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: Update from Izzy Stradlin

Will wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Reading Izzy tweets. He wants back in for sure. He tweeted again he is not involved. Something is up!!

I actually read it the other way around. I don't think Izzy wants in if Steven isn't involved too. He's posted the Axl/Slash impersonator video and now a track he and Steven recorded.

@apex - JT was on this one but don't think Rick was smile

AtomsNest
 Rep: 10 

AtomsNest wrote:

I wonder if Izzy regrets leaving the partnership, and how different things would've been if he'd stayed.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Will wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Reading Izzy tweets. He wants back in for sure. He tweeted again he is not involved. Something is up!!

I actually read it the other way around. I don't think Izzy wants in if Steven isn't involved too. He's posted the Axl/Slash impersonator video and now a track he and Steven recorded.

That is how I read it too! He wants Steven back as well. Izzy and I are on the same wave length.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Will wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

This is all a work Will about the reunion (not the Twitter thing, that's real).

Izzy & Steven have been contracted to NOT appear in the upcoming shows. The Izzy/Steven card is being held back for the AFD anniversary year next year. It just makes the most business sense, and its ANOTHER thing Axl/Slash/Duff can promote and make tons of money on.

Bringing Izzy & Steven in on this now dilutes all of that next year. The secret weapons are being held back for an AFD reunion gimmick in 2017.

Major Mayhem
 Rep: 6 

Major Mayhem wrote:

I'm really not sure what to make of all this.  I suppose one has to decide if they believe it's really Izzy first.  I think this saga needs a flow chart.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Major Mayhem wrote:

I'm really not sure what to make of all this.  I suppose one has to decide if they believe it's really Izzy first.  I think this saga needs a flow chart.

It is Izzy though. Will from this board ran an Izzy fan site for many years, and occasionally exchanged emails with him. Unless somebody hacked his email, then called Will impersonating Izzy's voice, it's Izzy.

Welcome to the board.

Major Mayhem
 Rep: 6 

Major Mayhem wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
Major Mayhem wrote:

It is Izzy though. Will from this board ran an Izzy fan site for many years, and occasionally exchanged emails with him. Unless somebody hacked his email, then called Will impersonating Izzy's voice, it's Izzy.

Welcome to the board.

Thank you!

I was skeptical, but I've come over to the "It's Izzy" side, and while Im not really sure what his motive is, I tend to agree with Will's view. 

Although, maybe that's what Will WANTS us to think. 10 16

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

His motive is puzzling for sure. Personally I think he will be part of it at some point, because there is no reason not to. He's played with Axl before, he's played with the other guys. People will definitely want to see him.

Some are throwing around theories that they are saving Izzy and Adler for a 30th anniversary AFD 5 type thing, but that doesn't explain why he's out "promoting" his absence from the reunion right now. My pet theory is nobody called him yet, and this is his way of getting in on the show somehow.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

His motive is puzzling for sure. Personally I think he will be part of it at some point, because there is no reason not to. He's played with Axl before, he's played with the other guys. People will definitely want to see him.

Some are throwing around theories that they are saving Izzy and Adler for a 30th anniversary AFD 5 type thing, but that doesn't explain why he's out "promoting" his absence from the reunion right now. My pet theory is nobody called him yet, and this is his way of getting in on the show somehow.

Yes. This is what I think. I think they are going to wait until the last minute to work it out with both Steven and Izzy. Being that Izzy is a huge flake they won't want him on the bill then he pulls a no show and they don't want to promise Adler for fear it will go to his head and he can't pull his weight because he is back on smack.

This is all SG's theory. I don't have a source for this. But that contradicts what Bunton told me. So now I don't know what the fuck is going on.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

I think Izzy is by in large more loyal to Axl than anyone else in the band. He has known the bro since they were kids. That shit trumps friendship made in your 20s.

Board footer