You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Update from Izzy Stradlin

James wrote:
Will wrote:

I actually read it the other way around. I don't think Izzy wants in if Steven isn't involved too. He's posted the Axl/Slash impersonator video and now a track he and Steven recorded.

Great observation. 22 How long will he stick to his guns? That's a hard stance to take but Izzy's quotes from years ago about Adler's impact and departure certainly makes this stance possible.

Izzy & Steven have been contracted to NOT appear in the upcoming shows. The Izzy/Steven card is being held back for the AFD anniversary year next year. It just makes the most business sense, and its ANOTHER thing Axl/Slash/Duff can promote and make tons of money on.

Bringing Izzy & Steven in on this now dilutes all of that next year. The secret weapons are being held back for an AFD reunion gimmick in 2017.

Yeah....a 30th anniversary AFD shindig has to be in the cards somehow.

I wonder if Izzy regrets leaving the partnership, and how different things would've been if he'd stayed.

Yeah...does make you wonder. They didn't even include him in a damn slot machine. That was a real sign on which direction this was going in.

I think Izzy is by in large more loyal to Axl than anyone else in the band. He has known the bro since they were kids. That shit trumps friendship made in your 20s.

Good point but like Will mentioned, Izzy has always been pro Adler through and through.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Well if he is loyal to Adler props to that.

But, I think Axl, Slash, Duff all realize that Adler is a huge liability. Sometimes you have to make smart business decisions.

I assume they don't like Sorum.

James

James wrote:

I don't know about that.....that shit eating grin on Sorum's face in the airport from the paparazzi footage made it look like he gets to be part of the shindig or is at least praying he gets to be part of it.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I don't know about that.....that shit eating grin on Sorum's face in the airport from the paparazzi footage made it look like he gets to be part of the shindig or is at least praying he gets to be part of it.

2016 - 25 year UYI anniversary featuring Matt and Gilby
2017 - 30 year AFD anniversary featuring Izzy and Steven
2018 - the one we've all been waiting for. CD's 10 year anniversary and the return of Bucket & Robin

Who could argue with any of that? 16

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

I'm interested to know why the media hasn't covered any of this aside from one article on ultimateguitar hmm

Couple of weeks ago anyone even slightly associated with GNR were grabbing the headlines and yet when one of the co-founders and principal songwriters finally comes out of hiding no-one in the media gives a shit. Even if they aren't 100% convinced it's Izzy you'd think this would be clickbait heaven for the likes of Alt Nation and Blabbermouth 16 Especially given the content of Izzys tweets since they've all caused a stir

AtomsNest
 Rep: 10 

AtomsNest wrote:

I thought it would get more coverage too.

Maybe the huge doubt about whether it's really Izzy has put people off.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Thanks for ruining this thread.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I really hope that Matt is part of this reunion, just because it seems to upset so many people here whenever his name comes up... 16 19

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

What the hell is going on here? I haven't kept up with this thread.

James

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

What the hell is going on here? I haven't kept up with this thread.

Izzy joined Twitter, Will confirms it by email and phone call from Izzy, everyone here believes, many at  some other GNR communities believe its bullshit and troll Will and Izzy, Izzy tweets some interesting things(says he isn't involved "at this time"), some people still doubt its him.....

but its him.

metallex78 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I really hope that Matt is part of this reunion, just because it seems to upset so many people here whenever his name comes up... 16 19

Yeah...Bri will be thrilled. 13

Board footer