You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Update from Izzy Stradlin

polluxlm wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

That's not a "friendship" i'd bother turning up to either.

If you are talking about Adler he hasn't done anything to reciprocate any friendship. Showing up high or not showing up at all, jacking your girlfriend up with a speed ball, not pulling your weight on the eve of a massive album and tour.

They have every reason and right to keep Adler out of this. He has literally done nothing to regain the trust he once had.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Well, I agree, but I think monkey was trying to illustrate Adler's POV.

The sad part is, had Adler gotten it together in the 90's, he could be a respectable working musician by now.

Imagine had he been in VR.

johndivney wrote:
faldor wrote:

Now we have the pleasure of trying to decipher Izzy's tweets. That should be interesting.

So what in your opinion is his motivation for surfacing now? As has been said, he could've joined Twitter at any time over the past few years, or made some attempt to communicate with fans/the media before now.

Is it just a coincidence?

Certainly putting up a link to a GnR tribute band could be construed as a sarky, albeit humourous, comment on the state of things..??
& it's not like he's using the medium to sell his own shit or promote a record or anything? He's basically just shooting the shit about GnR so far..??

You're better versed in Twitter than me, faldor, so what's going on man?

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
johndivney wrote:
faldor wrote:

Now we have the pleasure of trying to decipher Izzy's tweets. That should be interesting.

So what in your opinion is his motivation for surfacing now? As has been said, he could've joined Twitter at any time over the past few years, or made some attempt to communicate with fans/the media before now.

Certainly putting up a link to a GnR tribute band could be construed as a sarky, albeit humourous, comment on the state of things..??
& it's not like he's using the medium to sell his own shit or promote a record or anything? He's basically just shooting the shit about GnR so far..??

Because GN'R are 're-uniting', I guess Izzy will be receiving more queries just now, so having a visible presence on Twitter will help ease the amount of questions he is being asked.

As for the rest of it, I suppose he will just be having a bit of fun with it until the novelty wears off.

johndivney wrote:

I'd have thunk having a Twitter presence would have the opposite effect..??

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I think Izzy is pissed and wants treated like Slash and Duff and wants to be in GNR for these gigs. He didn't start tweeting cause he is so happy. Think about it. He wants to be there. And he wants Adler there.  I think this is on Axl to make happen because Slash and Duff can't make that call. Axl needs to do what he can to get him there. He is reaching out and nobody is listening to what he is really saying.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
johndivney wrote:
faldor wrote:

That's the million dollar question now. I would agree the timing of it all coinciding with the reunion seems more than coincidental. I don't know a heck of a lot about Izzy personally, so Will would probably be better versed in guessing his intentions.

My amateur thought is that he will have some part in all of this, but it won't be a full time thing. And that'd be his choice. If he wanted in full time, I don't see why he wouldn't be accepted. His going on Twitter, I can only guess is to have a little fun with it all. Add a little more mystery to an already mysterious situation. Who would've thought Izzy would be the most vocal member of the AFD 5 leading up to these dates? It all seems surreal, which is why many people didn't buy it, and some still don't even.

What this does for his status going forward, I'm not sure. If he hasn't been contacted to this point to gauge his interest in possible involvement I'd find that hard to believe. Unless of course, like some theorized, they're waiting until the last moment because, well it's Izzy. I guess I could believe that. So maybe this is his way of saying, "don't forget about me".

I'm not sure it's a Steven or bust thing for him either. I could understand him wanting Steven to be involved in some capacity. But Izzy obviously had no problem playing with other incarnations of GNR. Not sure now he'd take an "originals or bust" stance.

AtomsNest
 Rep: 10 

AtomsNest wrote:

It's probably money. Or he wants back in on the partnership.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

AtomsNest wrote:

It's probably money. Or he wants back in on the partnership.

I agree its likely related to money.   

Axl can pay the other band members cheaper.   

And if all works out in April, maybe they can get the original 5 together.     Although I don't imagine Adler is up for much.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Full video of "Sunshine" by Izzy has surfaced on Youtube big_smile

Please give his post a retweet on Twitter to help keep the momentum up on social media smile

https://twitter.com/IzzyStradlin999/sta … 8439959552

Board footer