You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: HBO's A Game of Thrones

BLS-Pride wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Can't wait to see McShane. Legendary in Deadwood.

Me too. Speaking of Deadwood. Apparently the movie that HBO never made to end the series will actually be made.

johndivney wrote:

I dunno what it's like for Atarilegend & APE but I always get a kick out of seeing these actors get called out for their US shows. For us over in this corner of the world McShane was already legendary due to his other credits, specifically a role he had in a comedy-crime show called Lovejoy (think Psyche set in an Englsih antiques store!).
Same sort thing has happened with Littlefinger/Aidan Gillen - tho he was probably somewhat well known to wider audiences due to his role on The Wire. Although, like Deadwood, nobody actually watched it at the time so maybe not..

It's good tho that they get the acclaim they deserve. McShane is great fun on screen. Deadwood really is part of the holy trinity of the golden era of tv - it, sopranos & the wire.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Not to derail the thread but those three plus FX'a the Shield could make a case for starting the TV quality boom here in the US.

johndivney wrote:

yera the shield was great too. of course where walton goggins got his big break..
yea those were the best times for tv. ever since it's been a great show here or there & a few inconsistent one's. but back then it was just something else, mind blowing tv.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Can't wait to see McShane. Legendary in Deadwood.

Me too. Speaking of Deadwood. Apparently the movie that HBO never made to end the series will actually be made.

Apparently green lit, but I'm holding off on the celebrations as of yet. No real production has started, Milch and Co has just agreed in principle.

A movie is also sort of a strange choice. Sets will have to be built, costumes made, actors hired. Why not just do another series?

AtariLegend wrote:

I'm beginning to think he didn't sign a NDA.

If you haven't read AFFC. Be warned spoilers tongue.

Hidden Text:

AtariLegend wrote:

First proper trailer.

johndivney wrote:

April 24th?! Ffs!
As soon as the episodes are ready they should be put up for download! This waiting around business gets on my tits. I want instant gratification! & the chance to bitch about how they're dragging it out, how they've changed the books & the amount of male nudity they're showing. Hurry the fuck up already. There's fuck all on tv atm.

AtariLegend wrote:

I'll start. Book Jamie is a better developed character than TV Jamie and that doesn't seem like something he'd say at this point of the story tongue.

Really curious about that vision Bran has of "The Others". Really hope they had George's input on it, otherwise you know they'll probably just go the standard "dark lord" lord of the rings route, which George said he didn't want the series to be about it.

Not looking forward to the Emilia Clarke scenes. I guess it's no surprise though the trailer teased more brothel scenes and Mel randomly getting topless again.

johndivney wrote:

Always been a fan of hers since hollyoaks.
Oh wait we're talking about the other one. The Dutch woman. Never mind.

Board footer