You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Slash and Duff working on CD II according to MSL

James wrote:
AtomsNest wrote:

I wonder if they'll do a video.

I hope so. It would create a ton of hype and push the single/GH.  Soundgarden's first video after the reunion promoting the new song on Telephantasm...

Or if they don't want any involvement in the video, do something like this...

I don't really believe anything from MSL anyway.

MSL seems to get a lot of shit on the forums but the guy definitely has some legit contacts.

James

James wrote:

anyway there's little chance any of us buy the Best Of album so we'll likely download the song

I'll definitely buy it and I hope most fans will. It increases the chances of more releases down the road.

As long as they release material, I'll buy it. They need the hardcore base to rally around them once they start pushing product.

DtM51
 Rep: 6 

DtM51 wrote:

A few months ago I didn't think Axl and Slash would ever be in the same place at the same time again. Now we know they will be on stage performing the songs I grew up listening to. NOW a new song... completely unbelievable to me. I would have been happy just to see them be friendly again, this is all just a mega bonus.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Did this really need it's own thread?

My apologies. Thought it was significant enough, and didn't want to add it to another thread and hijack it.

johndivney wrote:

CDII will come afterwards.

MrID why do you hate the idea of Atlas being wasted on a best of? What is the attachment people have to this song? Have you guys heard it? There was another post a while back from someone about that song..

I just meant I don't like the idea of a "best of" and a new song being tacked on to it. It's good for them. I'm being selfish, I guess.

And MSL has been right on with what he's said to me, and honest when he doesn't know. MSL is a good guy.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Thanks ID!

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Man. I always hope in my mind that Slash gives Axl a few tapes of song ideas but CD 2 with Slash and Duff could work as well. Hope there's truth to this rumor though.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Atlas could be one of those songs Richard mentioned was around when Slash was in the band. It's among the oldest of the CD session songs.

AtariLegend wrote:

Most of the vocal tracks were from the 90's according to Beavan.

In other words almost every track we know of originated from either when Slash was there are within a few years of him leaving. Except of course Shackler's, Scraped and Sorry that we know of.

Berlin/This I Love deffinetly existed in some version before he left.

James

James wrote:

I just meant I don't like the idea of a "best of" and a new song being tacked on to it.

Why not? Us SG fans shit ourselves when finding out a new song would be on Telephantasm. I thought you wanted new music? 16

this is all just a mega bonus.

Yep. Everything is gravy from here on out...

Atlas could be one of those songs Richard mentioned was around when Slash was in the band. It's among the oldest of the CD session songs.

Also might explain why Axl vetoed its inclusion on CD when Ron lobbied for it to be on there. Axl wanted to save it for a rainy day.

Atari is right...Berlin/Oklahoma is also one of the first tracks worked on in the early stages.

2001 as well.

misterID

misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I just meant I don't like the idea of a "best of" and a new song being tacked on to it.

Why not? Us SG fans shit ourselves when finding out a new song would be on Telephantasm. I thought you wanted new music? 16

this is all just a mega bonus.

Yep. Everything is gravy from here on out...

Also might explain why Axl vetoed its inclusion on CD when Ron lobbied for it to be on there. Axl wanted to save it for a rainy day.

Atari is right...Berlin/Oklahoma is also one of the first tracks worked on in the early stages.

2001 as well.

I'll take new music anyway I can get it. I want the entire album, but im not going to turn my nose up at it. tongue

Board footer