You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 468 

Re: New Autographed GUNS N' ROSES Drumhead Appears To Confirm Lineup

misterID wrote:

See, I don't think its ever been about not bringing him in specifically not to pay him. He was just never an option. And the original logo is a marketing tool that sent everyone crazy and created a PR storm.

From what I heard for well over a year before DJ left was that Slash and Duff wanted back in. Even when they were in VR. They wanted to join the CHINESE DEMOCRACY band. Not a reunion. They wanted back with Axl.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 329 

Re: New Autographed GUNS N' ROSES Drumhead Appears To Confirm Lineup

Smoking Guns wrote:

Did Axl just make up how to pronounce Frank's name? Or is that how it is really pronounced? That is a pretty shitty drum solo IMO.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 329 

Re: New Autographed GUNS N' ROSES Drumhead Appears To Confirm Lineup

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

See, I don't think its ever been about not bringing him in specifically not to pay him. He was just never an option. And the original logo is a marketing tool that sent everyone crazy and created a PR storm.

From what I heard for well over a year before DJ left was that Slash and Duff wanted back in. Even when they were in VR. They wanted to join the CHINESE DEMOCRACY band. Not a reunion. They wanted back with Axl.

Sure you did.. which is why you never mentioned it.  You only mentioned it in passing saying in a few years Slash may come back.. Like 2017 or 2018....Anyone would have said the same with current guns dead in the water...

monkeychow
 Rep: 639 

Re: New Autographed GUNS N' ROSES Drumhead Appears To Confirm Lineup

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

They wanted to join the CHINESE DEMOCRACY band. Not a reunion. They wanted back with Axl.

That's semantics though.

They wanted back in Guns N Roses because they founded it, because they wrote 83% of the bands songs, because newer bands were never accepted by the music listening public and Axl's instance that it is GNR is considered a joke to most , and because touring under the GNR brand will bring significantly more money than any of their solo efforts would.

It's not like they wanted in the band so they can play with Pittman and Frank. It's not like they've seen the light and want to start making industrial songs and follow that vision.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 208 

Re: New Autographed GUNS N' ROSES Drumhead Appears To Confirm Lineup

BLS-Pride wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

They wanted to join the CHINESE DEMOCRACY band. Not a reunion. They wanted back with Axl.

That's semantics though.

They wanted back in Guns N Roses because they founded it, because they wrote 83% of the bands songs, because newer bands were never accepted by the music listening public and Axl's instance that it is GNR is considered a joke to most , and because touring under the GNR brand will bring significantly more money than any of their solo efforts would.

It's not like they wanted in the band so they can play with Pittman and Frank. It's not like they've seen the light and want to start making industrial songs and follow that vision.

I gotta agree. It's a win/win for both parties. Slash and Duff get to come "home" and Axl gets legitimacy back to his brand.  And they all get to count the cash. 16

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 329 

Re: New Autographed GUNS N' ROSES Drumhead Appears To Confirm Lineup

Smoking Guns wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

They wanted to join the CHINESE DEMOCRACY band. Not a reunion. They wanted back with Axl.

That's semantics though.

They wanted back in Guns N Roses because they founded it, because they wrote 83% of the bands songs, because newer bands were never accepted by the music listening public and Axl's instance that it is GNR is considered a joke to most , and because touring under the GNR brand will bring significantly more money than any of their solo efforts would.

It's not like they wanted in the band so they can play with Pittman and Frank. It's not like they've seen the light and want to start making industrial songs and follow that vision.

Monkey is right... Slash didn't want to join "nu Guns" he wanted back in "Guns".. big fucking difference and DJ, Robin, Tommy, Bumble are all bye bye... and maybe pitman too.  So they have 2 session/touring guys to play with.. Big fucking deal.  The public will accept these guys now.

monkeychow
 Rep: 639 

Re: New Autographed GUNS N' ROSES Drumhead Appears To Confirm Lineup

monkeychow wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

I gotta agree. It's a win/win for both parties. Slash and Duff get to come "home" and Axl gets legitimacy back to his brand.  And they all get to count the cash. 16

Exactly.

Both sides have given up the war of attrition.

Slash and Duff have realised they are never going to get back full control, but that it's better to do a handful of shows every few years on Axl's terms than to allow the reputation of the old band to be tarnished further. They have their solo projects to console themselves and get their rocks off. Then the occasional GNR gig will be like a party for old times and make some money.

Then on Axl's side of the fence it's no surprise that this happens when he can not drag the comatose brand any further alone. The replacements of the the replacement's replacements were getting frustrated and would soon need to be replaced again. The label wouldn't be giving a second industrial album with people who arn't in the band anymore and never were from the real band a proper push. The promoters would have more realistic ideas of what numbers the non-original band can pull in it's 3rd or 4th time out. The band has already done two vegas residencies. Meanwhile Axl only has the voice left in him for a few more years at most.

Where do we go now? The only sane thing for everyone was to reunite.

Neemo
 Rep: 482 

Re: New Autographed GUNS N' ROSES Drumhead Appears To Confirm Lineup

Neemo wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

That is a pretty shitty drum solo IMO.

As opposed to a good drum solo? Lol

1:25 isn't nearly long enough to throw a piss and grab a beer 16

So yea in that sense it's pretty shitty

otto
 Rep: 81 

Re: New Autographed GUNS N' ROSES Drumhead Appears To Confirm Lineup

otto wrote:

Im a drummer myself and I cant imagine a good drum solo 16

misterID
 Rep: 468 

Re: New Autographed GUNS N' ROSES Drumhead Appears To Confirm Lineup

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

See, I don't think its ever been about not bringing him in specifically not to pay him. He was just never an option. And the original logo is a marketing tool that sent everyone crazy and created a PR storm.

From what I heard for well over a year before DJ left was that Slash and Duff wanted back in. Even when they were in VR. They wanted to join the CHINESE DEMOCRACY band. Not a reunion. They wanted back with Axl.

Sure you did.. which is why you never mentioned it.  You only mentioned it in passing saying in a few years Slash may come back.. Like 2017 or 2018....Anyone would have said the same with current guns dead in the water...

Don't even start, car wash. I took a clobbering over saying over and over the hybrid would happen. That Slash might replace DJ. I was asked not to say anything and I tried to keep it quiet, blabbermouth. 16

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB