You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: What's your dream song inclusion for these shows?

monkeychow wrote:

With these shows coming up I know a lot of us are starting to feel the blood flowing about what might happen.

If you were in charge what would you have the band do? All new stuff just written? Lost CD2 songs like Jackie Chan? Lesser played Chiense Era songs like "Oh My God" and  "There Was a Time"? Perhaps the UYI material that's been ignored for so long like "Double Talking Jive"? Or stick to the hits of AFD?

What's your dream setlist?

johndivney wrote:

Think About You.
Dust n Bones.
DTJ.
PTU.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Pretty Tied Up would be awesome.

If we're talking absolute dream scenarios I'd say Coma and Don't Damn Me. Whilst we're dreaming I'll throw in a brand new unheard track as well.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Dust N Bones
14 Years
The Garden
Double Talking Jive
So Fine
Pretty Tied Up
Raw Power or New Rose
Aint It Fun, Human Being, or Black Leather
new song(s)

Or stick to the hits of AFD?

They'll be sticking to that no matter what. We just gotta hope they get creative with the rest of the set list.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Good call James, Ain't It Fun would be killer, those are some of Slash's best lead guitar parts, even for a cover song!

And seeing as between-song jams are quite likely, I'd like to see Slash and Fortus bust out some Stones covers, or even the Only Women Bleed intro before Knockin that Slash used to do.

I'd rule out the Izzy-lead vocal tunes that James mentioned, as unless he's there, I doubt they'll get a look in.
Double Talkin Jive would be great, as they played it well after Izzy was gone.
And I'd love to hear The Garden too.

Outside of the seldom played songs, how exciting is it that we're gonna hear Slash play November Rain, and hopefully Estranged, for the first time in 23 years. Those two alone would make me pretty happy!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Civil War
Breakdown
Yesterdays

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Locomotive
Don't Damn Me
Coma
Get In the Ring
New version of "We're an American Band"

Major Mayhem
 Rep: 6 

Major Mayhem wrote:

Axl sings "someone saved my life tonight, sugar bear."

Suspicious Minds, Ain't it Fun, Breakdown, This I Love.

AtariLegend wrote:

Don't want to hear any more covers TSI or otherwise outside of the 2 UYI singles that the crowd loves and has to play. Ain't It Fun/Black Leather would be cool though as a one off.

I'd like to hear The Garden, Double Talkin' Jive and Locomotive, but I think Coma is a long shot. There Was A Time is more common now, but isn't every show like it should be tongue.

Don't think people realize that Yesterdays got played last tour, Civil War has been on every show for the past few tours. 14 Years shows up every time Izzy cameos during the past few tours. Dust N' Bones would be cool though next time.

So Fine/Attitude is probably a given during Duff's solo spots.

Think About You as I recall was one of those tracks played alot up until the album came out, that people on forums complained about tongue.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Don't want to hear any more covers TSI or otherwise outside of the 2 UYI singles that the crowd loves and has to play. Ain't It Fun/Black Leather would be cool though as a one off.

I'd like to hear The Garden, Double Talkin' Jive and Locomotive, but I think Coma is a long shot. There Was A Time is more common now, but isn't every show like it should be tongue.

Don't think people realize that Yesterdays got played last tour, Civil War has been on every show for the past few tours. 14 Years shows up every time Izzy cameos during the past few tours. Dust N' Bones would be cool though next time.

So Fine/Attitude is probably a given during Duff's solo spots.

Think About You as I recall was one of those tracks played alot up until the album came out, that people on forums complained about tongue.

I agree on the covers. I actually am fine with dropping LALD too, plus that is a strain on Axl's vocals. Rather that strain come on GNR songs. I agree with Garden. Love that song.

Board footer