You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: What's your dream song inclusion for these shows?

johndivney wrote:

OiaM is their best song.

I always wanted someone like Kanye to sample the chorus for a tune, it'd could make for a really interesting multi-layered commentary on the furore the song sparked.

Anyway. Velvet Revolver: love 'em. I know Slash only tends to play Slither these days, but if GN'R were doing a VR track as a tribute to Weiland, the obvious choice is FTP. Or Messages, but that wasn't a big hit for them.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I would be happy to see some locomotive.  I would also like to see One in a Million, not because of the controversy with the lyrics, but because it's only been played live once that I recall (that unplugged CBGB's gig), but more importantly I really like the tune.  The background electric guitar riff coupled with the acoustic sounds awesome.

NOT going to happen in this climate. sad

A shame really. It is one of their best songs. No white man with his marbles still intact will stand on a stage and sing those lyrics in 2016. Even 30 years ago it was very ballsy.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
faldor wrote:

That's how I see it too. I like VR and didn't take offense to divney's comment. I think he was just busting your balls. You seemed to take it seriously, but that's just my take on the matter. Obviously I could be wrong. You're free to go back at him. He's a big boy, I think he can take it.

As soon as I did, you all jump in to defend him. That doesn't seem like he's the big boy you're implying him to be....  14 14 14

I wasn't defending him. I simply pointed out that he had a different viewpoint than you.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Faldor, stop being a dick. Saying he has a different opinion as opposed to him saying all VR fans have bad taste are two different things.

You can have a differing opinion without insulting people.

AtariLegend wrote:

4893412.jpg

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I dunno about you guys but I am really interested in the prospect of the old guys busting out some CD tunes.....there's something about it that would sort of blow my mind.

Of course I'd really like to see something new too. In a way I feel there's sort of more chance of it than before....like although this is reunion land and thus inherently retro...they sort of have something to prove I think....like that they still got it.

I just hope things lean more towards "Sailing" than "The Seeker"!

AtariLegend wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

If this wasn't a cover, it'd probably be favorite track in the entire discography.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Remember, it was John that told us "Scott Dying was his best pr move ever".

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

If this wasn't a cover, it'd probably be favorite track in the entire discography.

Absolutely. It's one of Axl's most amazing moments I think - which is crazy considering it was kinda a throwaway cover (in the sense that they only played it a handful of times). I wish there was a studio version - when he does that high part it's basically almost spiritual! This is the kind of thing that gives me hope too. I like to think somewhere in a vault Axl has some other cool stuff that he doesn't really consider important but that would one day see the light of day and blow my mind.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

monkeychow wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Absolutely. It's one of Axl's most amazing moments I think - which is crazy considering it was kinda a throwaway cover (in the sense that they only played it a handful of times). I wish there was a studio version - when he does that high part it's basically almost spiritual! This is the kind of thing that gives me hope too. I like to think somewhere in a vault Axl has some other cool stuff that he doesn't really consider important but that would one day see the light of day and blow my mind.

Yep definitely one of the highlights of post 93 era.

Shame the best boot we have has some dick talking all the way through it.

Board footer