You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Secret show: April 1, L.A.?

misterID wrote:

Eh, secret shows before the tour? Yes, that I believe, but the money involved here, for that first show, I would suspect that was part of the deal with the Vegas gig. Who knows, I just don't buy it.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

Although I can't really empathize with SG, he does have a very simple logical point: no matter how exclusive the first gig might be, for certain people the value of the tickets they purchased for Vegas could be considerably lower than what they payed for it. In other words: even if you can't get into a rumored super-duper exclusive LA club gig, the existence of such a show can impact your perceived value of the Vegas tickets. You can't really argue that, I think.

First world problems? Sure, but that's where we happen to live, so no point in acting all high and mighty about it.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Obviously he has a point and its valid. Vegas was marketed as THE reunion show. GNR fans willing and/or able to go get Vegas while the hipsters get Coachella.

Any secret show likely wont have any footage especially if its basically invite only. 400 celebs, models, and some journalists would be in attendance. Might see Kim Kardashian tweet about it or a journalist hype it which would  create more anticipation for Vegas.

Now what would be a massive cluster fuck is if this secret show was an AFD 5 thing and the hybrid shows up in Vegas. Izzy and Adler have been as talkative as Helen Keller lately.

AndyShores
 Rep: 11 

AndyShores wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Obviously he has a point and its valid. Vegas was marketed as THE reunion show. GNR fans willing and/or able to go get Vegas while the hipsters get Coachella.

Any secret show likely wont have any footage especially if its basically invite only. 400 celebs, models, and some journalists would be in attendance. Might see Kim Kardashian tweet about it or a journalist hype it which would  create more anticipation for Vegas.

Now what would be a massive cluster fuck is if this secret show was an AFD 5 thing and the hybrid shows up in Vegas. Izzy and Adler have been as talkative as Helen Keller lately.

If the secret show is AFD 5, we should all chip in to pay SG's funeral expenses.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
TheMole wrote:

Although I can't really empathize with SG, he does have a very simple logical point: no matter how exclusive the first gig might be, for certain people the value of the tickets they purchased for Vegas could be considerably lower than what they payed for it. In other words: even if you can't get into a rumored super-duper exclusive LA club gig, the existence of such a show can impact your perceived value of the Vegas tickets. You can't really argue that, I think.

First world problems? Sure, but that's where we happen to live, so no point in acting all high and mighty about it.

Were the ticket prices for the 8th really that much more than the 9th? I honestly don't know the answer, but I'm pretty sure they're both high priced. I really don't see the perceived value of these shows going down if they play a private gig beforehand. People feel slighted, and that's their right, but I think it's a stretch to say they've been disrespected and mistreated. That's taking things a bit far.

Sky Dog wrote:
AndyShores wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

If the secret show is AFD 5, we should all chip in to pay SG's funeral expenses.

That was funny.....

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I think I may be more frustrated that two days after spending well over face for GA for the 8th MGM, which is where my reservation was in the first place, offered those effing packages that lucky Will got. Just needed to hold out for a couple days! Grrrrrrr.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

I'm with SG on this.

It's disgraceful to treat your fans that way. You know, the people that kept buying your shit and supporting you over years of clusterfucks and whatnot.

Yes, they don't owe people a damn thing but it's just disrespectful.
People care about 'The first show'. It's called passion for a certain subject, being it music/film/whatever. Maybe some of you don't know what it's like or have become jaded over the years. I like SG because of that passion. Yes, i've had my beefs with him in the past and he can be annoying at times 16 but he's fuckin' right this time.

To milk/lie/mislead your fans three times in a row with the same shit is simply not fair.
This is not the Soundgarden reunion, it's on another level. This is not just another GNR tour, it's the thing fans have been waiting for for decades.

Secret warm up show that will only be accesible to 'celebrities' who will post on social media afterwards things like 'OMG!! Me @ GNR secret Gig. That guy on guitar, what's his name? Squash? He's really good'

Oh, and i love that argument with the world problems and SG paying +1-2k for the Vegas shows. Why don't you show us your expenses for the past few years? Please.

So i'm with SG all the fuckin' way.
Not cool GNR.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I don't care about the "first" show. It's not going to spoil my enjoyment of either show. I forked out the money because it was vegas and because you just never knew if there would be more shows. I'm not suddenly mad because I could have gone to several other shows for what I'm paying to go to these 2. I'm going to enjoy them for what they are, which is something I never thought I'd see again.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

IF this show does take place, and the band was upfront about it from the beginning, it sounds like you guys wouldn't have bought the tickets for Vegas. Just so we're on the same page there. So, them playing a secret gig that 99.9% of the general public will have absolutely zero chance of attending would diminish the "first" arena show Axl and Slash have played together in 23 years? It's still the FIRST show you'd have the opportunity to see them. Everyone KNEW this was a possibility. There are very few guarantees in life. I'm sorry you feel misled. Give it a few days, I'm sure you'll get over it.

Board footer