You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: GUNS N' ROSES Tour To Expand Beyond U.S.; THE CULT To Open Select Date

bigbri wrote:
Cramer wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Tonight is going to be fun.  None of you fuckers go to sleep!

I'm about to take a 15 minute nap now so I can hang, ha

I'm doing that too. Wake me up at 1 am.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

The Cult is one of my favorite bands. GN'R is hitting literally everyone on my all-time favorite artists list with their openers. Wish I could be a Deadhead (or Deadhorse) and chase them around to see these shows everywhere with different openers.

James Lofton wrote:

So AIC in the US, The Cult overseas. Interesting choice to say the least. They clearly have no worries about needing a major opening act for the tour. The Cult put zero asses in seats on this tour.

Its also like going back in time. I wouldn't be surprised if an offer isn't made to Skid Row at some point in the future. The Cult shows its a possibility.

Come on now. The Cult has a fanbase. Don't act like they don't, but yes, there will be no one who's gonna shell out $300 bucks for Cult tix. Sadly the last major hit they had was that soundtrack song on Gone In 60 Seconds back in 2001, and even then it was kinda the last gasp. Regardless, they've continued to put out quality records. Their most recent album was solid, and sounded like it was trying to be a sequel to Ceremony with shades of Cult '94 thrown in.

Skid Row isn't getting an invite. Even if they got Bach back, I doubt they'd get an invite. Faith No More is more likely, and that certainly ain't gonna happen with how much Patton is a dick.

Skid Row just lost Tony Harnell, which was their most legit lineup since Bach, and right now they are singerless, and acting like they STILL have no interest in getting back with Bach. They are apparently fine with playing in front of 300 people on Stage 12 at festivals, rather than making real money.

If this GN'R tour is a success... EVERYONE will want the money that comes from opening. Wouldn't be shocked at all if Soundgarden got called -- again. If AIC can do it, so can SG.

I would say 99.9% of Cult fans like at least a handful of GNR tunes and if going, they'd be going to see GNR headline instead of throwing down 300 bucks to see The Cult open when you can pay 50 bucks to see em headline a club......hence....no asses in seats.

Wasn't meant as a dig at The Cult....just a lack of ability to draw more people in.

I also agree that a second leg in the US next year and/or in 2018 could be GNR/SG. They are recording an album and a year after King Animal were touring with NIN.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Well the other thing is it'd be super smart on SG's part. The Cult currently have an album they JUST put out like 2 months ago to promote. GN'R is giving them huge exposure, even just for a few shows. Even if GN'R can only fill 30,000 in a 50,000 seat venue, SG adds what? Another 7,000-10,000 possibly?

Plus is they BOTH have albums to promote...

Then again... Metallica also has an album coming up to promote... would they even dream of a Part II?

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

In my opinion, they are doing The Cult a favor to say "thank you" for The Cult giving GN'R the opener spot back in the day before GN'R turned into a massively popular band.

Yup, they're re-making their history. Just like the $10 gig at the Troubadour, on the 30th anniversary of the original show.

A few shows with The Cult sounds alright. Wonder if Sorum will guest with both - or neither? 16

Board footer