You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Your Outrageous Guns N' Roses Predictions

monkeychow wrote:

I was thinking the other day about how if you'd told me in 2012 that we'd have an Axl/Slash tour in 2016 and that Axl would be invited to audition for Ac/Dc i'd have called you crazy.

Also - replacing pitman with Melissa was something I would have bet against too.

All possible things - but things that seemed unlikely.

So lets put out some new wild ideas for whatever parallel universe we go to next.

For clarity...you don't need an actual reason to think this could happen...it's not insider shit...it's a game.....

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

I'll start:

My crystal ball says that by 2018 Frank will have been replaced by Matt Sorum wink

Lomax wrote:

Album

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
Lomax wrote:

Album

What year? smile

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

These aren't outrageous I suppose but here's my predictions for the next two years:

US, South America, and a handful of Euro shows

2 disc Best of that includes a new song and live/demo versions of old songs(their Telephantasm)

Asia, Australia, and more Euro dates

For the 30th Anniversary of AFD, the AFD 5 do 1 or 2 shows. This will be when you see Izzy and Adler. Never again after that.

New album

In the fall during the release of this album, they tour the US again

---

My most outrageous prediction would be an anniversary/tribute show where everyone who has been involved in GNR gets together for one show like Metallica did a couple years ago. Chances for this very slim but as long as everyone is alive, it's possible.

Lomax wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Lomax wrote:

Album

What year? smile

Someone mentioned in passing earlier. All bets are off now.
He's right. Anything could happen now.

It is possible that Axl could join Ac/Dc for chirst sakes. Slash is back and Duff too? What?
They could drop an album before christmas.
The could have a single recorded already.

I'll go with that. Single before summer and album before christmas.

Major Mayhem
 Rep: 6 

Major Mayhem wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

My most outrageous prediction would be an anniversary/tribute show where everyone who has been involved in GNR gets together for one show like Metallica did a couple years ago. Chances for this very slim but as long as everyone is alive, it's possible.

That would be awesome.

Major Mayhem
 Rep: 6 

Major Mayhem wrote:
Lomax wrote:

I'll go with that. Single before summer and album before christmas.

I agree, an album in May would be perfect, keep the momentum building heading into the tour.

And then a boxed set, titled, " the vault " gets released for Christmas.  15

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

James Lofton wrote:

For the 30th Anniversary of AFD, the AFD 5 do 1 or 2 shows. This will be when you see Izzy and Adler. Never again after that.

If everyone is able, I think this is possible.   However, I always had the impression that Izzy was free to come and go as he pleased for the last 10 years.. so I can't imagine Axl ever closing the door to having his old pal Izzy involved.   

True, he isn't now.   If I was speculating, its a business thing.   Once this first tour wraps up, the novelty of Axl and Slash isn't going to bring in as much money as it did the first go around in 2016...  which is when the AFD 5 card makes more sense at a later time.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

My outrageous prediction: GnR does a co-headline tour in 2017 or 2018 with NIN, and Robin Finck makes some guest appearances for Better or SOD.

Board footer