You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Your Outrageous Guns N' Roses Predictions

AtariLegend wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I don't think so either.

What would people complain about other than the fact its not 1988?

The complaints in the other thread that didn't involve a keyboardist.

Voice, set-list and "energy".

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I would love to know what Frank and Fortus really really thought of last night.... I think they now know they are in the real guns now.. Probably pretty blown away.

Richard is damn good as a touring guitarist and obviously he will never replace Izzy's songwriting talent. But Frank needs to step up his game. GN'R Groove was legendary with Stevie.

http://teamrock.com/news/2015-11-11/gun … m-sessions

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Where is this complaint thread? You and ID bring up all the complaints here yet all I remember is people being blown away by low quality clips.

I don't think someone saying he "sounded like Mickey on PC" and "set list had one too many covers" to be much complaining.

I've seen much worse over the years. 16

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Tejas saw one clip that looked low energy, but later said Axl sounded good and the show was good after seeing more clips.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Tejas saw one clip that looked low energy, but later said Axl sounded good and the show was good after seeing more clips.

The energy criticism was mainly Slash. It seems it was a great show by 50-something GNR standards but definitely missing some of the legendary magic of their prime.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

In one of those clips Slash did seem a tad nervous. Who wouldn't be though?

Like I said....this show was needed before Vegas. They went from not performing with each other since 93 to being on the verge of a major stadium tour. It wasn't going to be perfect from day one. Gotta tighten up the screws...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

That's only after I called him out and went full Rio III on his ass and told him Slash is in my ass basically.

Then he played nice. Just sayin'

Would've gave him a karma but my fingers could only do so much last night trying to find clips, while the forum was hoppin'

Btw, I think Duff looked fine. Slash's issue was finding his marks imo. He seemed a bit lost with where Axl was supposed to be, and the rest of the band. Remember... Slash hasn't played with GN'R in 22 YEARS! I'm sure there was a bit of rust there. Then again if Axl would fucking rehearse with Slash, maybe Slash would know what's up. So...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

That's only after I called him out and went full Rio III on his ass and told him Slash is in my ass basically.

Would've gave him a karma but my fingers could only do so much last night trying to find clips, while the forum was hoppin'

Btw, I think Duff looked fine. Slash's issue was finding his marks imo. He seemed a bit lost with where Axl was supposed to be, and the rest of the band. Remember... Slash hasn't played with GN'R in 22 YEARS! I'm sure there was a bit of rust there. Then again if Axl would fucking rehearse with Slash, maybe Slash would know what's up. So...

Yes, Slash has been trying to rehearse since January... If Axl would have shown up they could have gone straight to Vegas.  Good thing they did get a warm up in.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Actually no. I said from the get-go I thought Axl's voice was good. I criticized the energy (mainly Slash) and I stand by it. They say GN'R is "back." Then it's fair enough for me and anyone else to hold them to classic GN'R standards. They ain't what they used to be from an energy standpoint and that is precisely why I've been against a reunion for years.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Better with Slash could just be mouth watering. Hoping some footage arrives of that soon. Great review.

Board footer