You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Comments by Mick Wall.

Smoking Guns wrote:
James
 Rep: 650 

Re: Comments by Mick Wall.

James wrote:

I was expecting it to be negative rant. Pleasantly surprised.

No, I wasn’t there. And neither were you, let’s not kid ourselves. But in spirit it, most definitely. We were all there.

Funny how all these years later things are much as they left it in 1993. Axl, Slash, Duff, in that order, with a couple of good guys filling in where Izzy and Steven once were. Dizzy was still there too. Along with a new face in Melissa Reese, the girl-genius Bryan Mantia probably introduced Axl to.

He's right. Axlin even mentioned it yesterday..we're in some twisted futuristic version of 1994.

The reaction, though, the electric buzz, the impossible vibe, that insensible yet tangible net of intrigue surrounding their every move before, during and after the show, that was all there like the last 23 years never happened. I love that. You don’t know how much it’s been missing from rock until suddenly there it is again.

He nails it right there. They're instantly back on the scene again.

Which is why we loved them so. Why a whole generation grew up while they were away and love them even more. And why we’re all here again, the young and the old, the innocent and the guilty, those invited to the party and those in the rearview. Because there’s never been anyone quite like them. Not Zeppelin, not the Stones, maybe only Lemmy and even he turned up for his shows on time. Never went away to live alone in the shadows. Never really felt the pain the way Axl and Slash and Duff did. Do. Still.

Their return even has him emotional.

The whole planet wants this.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Comments by Mick Wall.

Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I was expecting it to be negative rant. Pleasantly surprised.

No, I wasn’t there. And neither were you, let’s not kid ourselves. But in spirit it, most definitely. We were all there.

Funny how all these years later things are much as they left it in 1993. Axl, Slash, Duff, in that order, with a couple of good guys filling in where Izzy and Steven once were. Dizzy was still there too. Along with a new face in Melissa Reese, the girl-genius Bryan Mantia probably introduced Axl to.

He's right. Axlin even mentioned it yesterday..we're in some twisted futuristic version of 1994.

The reaction, though, the electric buzz, the impossible vibe, that insensible yet tangible net of intrigue surrounding their every move before, during and after the show, that was all there like the last 23 years never happened. I love that. You don’t know how much it’s been missing from rock until suddenly there it is again.

He nails it right there. They're instantly back on the scene again.

Which is why we loved them so. Why a whole generation grew up while they were away and love them even more. And why we’re all here again, the young and the old, the innocent and the guilty, those invited to the party and those in the rearview. Because there’s never been anyone quite like them. Not Zeppelin, not the Stones, maybe only Lemmy and even he turned up for his shows on time. Never went away to live alone in the shadows. Never really felt the pain the way Axl and Slash and Duff did. Do. Still.

Their return even has him emotional.

The whole planet wants this.

Why did you leave out his comments about Adler?

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Comments by Mick Wall.

tejastech08 wrote:

Both Appetite and Greatest Hits are in the Top 50 on iTunes (GH is #26). I could see both of them skyrocketing once the tour gets going and reviews are as strong as that Troubadour gig (plus footage goes viral on YouTube). I think it's a shame the GH disc has been so successful. Wonder how many casual buyers out there have any clue that Appetite has 8 of the best rock songs ever and only 3 of them are included in that disc. Fucking bullshit IMHO (and I understand the track list is based on radio/single charts). Still bullshit.

James
 Rep: 650 

Re: Comments by Mick Wall.

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Why did you leave out his comments about Adler?

I was just cherry picking sections to comment on.


Here's the whole article for anyone not wanting to click the link...




No, I wasn’t there. And neither were you, let’s not kid ourselves. But in spirit it, most definitely. We were all there.

Funny how all these years later things are much as they left it in 1993. Axl, Slash, Duff, in that order, with a couple of good guys filling in where Izzy and Steven once were. Dizzy was still there too. Along with a new face in Melissa Reese, the girl-genius Bryan Mantia probably introduced Axl to.

The reaction, though, the electric buzz, the impossible vibe, that insensible yet tangible net of intrigue surrounding their every move before, during and after the show, that was all there like the last 23 years never happened. I love that. You don’t know how much it’s been missing from rock until suddenly there it is again.

I know some who were there. And they tell me it’s all true, it’s all for real. That Steven actually was going to be there too but he hurt his back during rehearsals. They also told me some other things which I feel a douche for keeping to myself, but I’ve never been into spoilers. Why ruin the fun? This is the year when the fun is finally back to taunt us.

And didn’t Axl look great? No hat, until the end, no shades, just that guy we remember from the golden daze, a little heavier but so what? It’s a lifetime later, dude, and I wish I still looked that good. Slash and Duff of course are like Batman and Superman, they have never get old. Not on the outside. Just enough on the onside to help make this finally happen.

Friday night at the Troub, man. This was no April Fool’s joke. This was something unexpected. Up there, out there, so many people in LA from the old days no longer invited to the party, too. You’ve got to feel for them. Their past right there on their doorstep and no one from the band even acknowledging them anymore. Don’t blame Axl. That game is over. Whatever happens from now on, this is all about Slash and Duff too. And good for them, I say. What are Guns N’ Fuckin’ Roses if not the band that always did it their way, fuck you very much?

Which is why we loved them so. Why a whole generation grew up while they were away and love them even more. And why we’re all here again, the young and the old, the innocent and the guilty, those invited to the party and those in the rearview. Because there’s never been anyone quite like them. Not Zeppelin, not the Stones, maybe only Lemmy and even he turned up for his shows on time. Never went away to live alone in the shadows. Never really felt the pain the way Axl and Slash and Duff did. Do. Still.

Only now they’re back. Oh, yeah.

Only one word for it.

Fuck.

mrsaxlrose
 Rep: 2 

Re: Comments by Mick Wall.

mrsaxlrose wrote:

Hmmm...so Steven WAS supposed to be there.  Bummer.

James
 Rep: 650 

Re: Comments by Mick Wall.

James wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Both Appetite and Greatest Hits are in the Top 50 on iTunes (GH is #26). I could see both of them skyrocketing once the tour gets going and reviews are as strong as that Troubadour gig (plus footage goes viral on YouTube). I think it's a shame the GH disc has been so successful. Wonder how many casual buyers out there have any clue that Appetite has 8 of the best rock songs ever and only 3 of them are included in that disc. Fucking bullshit IMHO (and I understand the track list is based on radio/single charts). Still bullshit.

I've always had issues with that GH. I never bought it. I understood why they opposed its release. Some defend it by saying it has the singles but its not a true representation of the band. It leaves off too much from each album and I always thought it strange how some fans think the discog is too small for a 2 disc GH. The discog is so strong it requires 2 discs.


UMG needs to hurry up and toss out a new GH/Best of and bury that one.

James
 Rep: 650 

Re: Comments by Mick Wall.

James wrote:
mrsaxlrose wrote:

Hmmm...so Steven WAS supposed to be there.  Bummer.


*cues Get in the Ring*

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Comments by Mick Wall.

tejastech08 wrote:

Even if you try to defend it based on the single releases, it's still bullshit. Nightrain, It's So Easy, and Estranged were all released as singles...yet we end up with 2 songs from Spaghetti along with the Sympathy cover which should have stayed part of the Vampire soundtrack. Total crap.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Comments by Mick Wall.

Axlin16 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I was expecting it to be negative rant. Pleasantly surprised.

No, I wasn’t there. And neither were you, let’s not kid ourselves. But in spirit it, most definitely. We were all there.

Funny how all these years later things are much as they left it in 1993. Axl, Slash, Duff, in that order, with a couple of good guys filling in where Izzy and Steven once were. Dizzy was still there too. Along with a new face in Melissa Reese, the girl-genius Bryan Mantia probably introduced Axl to.

He's right. Axlin even mentioned it yesterday..we're in some twisted futuristic version of 1994.

The reaction, though, the electric buzz, the impossible vibe, that insensible yet tangible net of intrigue surrounding their every move before, during and after the show, that was all there like the last 23 years never happened. I love that. You don’t know how much it’s been missing from rock until suddenly there it is again.

He nails it right there. They're instantly back on the scene again.

Which is why we loved them so. Why a whole generation grew up while they were away and love them even more. And why we’re all here again, the young and the old, the innocent and the guilty, those invited to the party and those in the rearview. Because there’s never been anyone quite like them. Not Zeppelin, not the Stones, maybe only Lemmy and even he turned up for his shows on time. Never went away to live alone in the shadows. Never really felt the pain the way Axl and Slash and Duff did. Do. Still.

Their return even has him emotional.

The whole planet wants this.

Why did you leave out his comments about Adler?


So you were admitting you were looking!


Gotcha

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB