You are not logged in. Please register or login.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

Re: Troubadour 04/01/16 - videos

zombux wrote:

yup. GNR were the best band in the world, altough all I had back then was their albums and some short snippets from music magazines. and then, totally silent years without any news - I hoped they were working on new stuff though. then I checked the internet for the first time ever, it was around 1999 I think. I was shocked to see some "Snakepit" thing (what the hell was that?), Gilby Clarke stuff (he split? what?) and then even more shocked to see those guys were not in GNR anymore and supposedly some new guys joined. I was like what the fuck? then I learned a guy from Nine Inch Nails joined (I knew that band from Quake video game) and I was like... hey... this could in fact be interesting. and started to dig into all this. then at some point I got some random stuff from Limewire, like Leeds 2002 Nightrain, The Blues from RIR 2001 and Chinese Democracy from Vegas 2001. and then complete Osaka 2002 bootleg. fast forward to 2004, I entered GNR online fan communities, started collecting bootlegs and became a real fan. the point is - I totally missed the old GNR days. I was a big fan of theirs, but in fact only of their music and possibly their faces, not of all that stuff around, that requires places like this and many side stories. so it's quite surreal to see, they're back in their semi-original lineup. not saying it's better or worse than "Chinese Democracy era" (I was a huge fan of that lineup from like 2003 to 2008), it's just different and interesting. hope they'll keep up bringing stuff. I was very sceptical about any reunion, but now I'm just enjoying the ride smile

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

My God, Slash ripped on that solo!!!

Listen to that... LISTEN TO THAT!

Did you hear that? For all you Seeker bashers?

THAT... THAT MOTHER FUCKERS is HOW -- THE -- SEEKER... IS PLAYED!!!!

Slash being there completely transformed that song into something else. Slash showing some major mother fucking love to Pete fucking Townshend!

I want GN'R to cover this and tribute it to the 2016 U.S. Presidential Election

Fuck the Vote 2016

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Jungle video now over 312,000 views in roughly 24 hours. Shit is getting real.

Yeah and take into consideration the fact that anyone interested knows it's low quality footage of clips.

If it was HQ the number would be in the millions.

Since this show I have done shitload of searches on youtube for video and its amazing how many people have stole that jungle video and upload it them self

33333_zpswr2ve9ob.png

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

^ Yep, combine it all and it's into the millions

Lomax wrote:
Gibbo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Yeah and take into consideration the fact that anyone interested knows it's low quality footage of clips.

Since this show I have done shitload of searches on youtube for video and its amazing how many people have stole that jungle video and upload it them self

http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u464/Gibbsy5000/33333_zpswr2ve9ob.png

Pure theft plain and simple. there is a lot of money in ad revenue for videos with a large number of hits on youtube.
If you steal a video that is rising fast in popularity, you could take half the  ad revenue.
The worst part is that the money is being taken out of the band and record labels pocket because when GNR release that show on DVD, and they might there was a pro camera man front row center there, a lot of people will think "I can watch that for free on youtube" and won't buy it. The lower returns on sales then makes the record company or DVD company , usually eagle rock they're the big rock DVD guys, reluctant to release any more material from the band due to low returns.

It's really fucked the game up. It used to be that between tours a band might put a concert film out to tide people over.
Now they are more likely to come out just before a major tour if there is no album on the table just so that the DVD release gets publicity and people go and buy a ticket as a result.

Although I love youtube, I dislike it a lot too.

Rant over.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Gibbo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u464/Gibbsy5000/33333_zpswr2ve9ob.png

Wow. Very impressive.

I'm glad they're leaving it alone even though Lomax does make valid points. In the Chinese era they'd remove tons of shit. If fans dared like a CD song and put it on their myspace profile, they'd delete that persons account. They did this shit in 2006 on youtube as well even with some bootlegs.

Just let your fans enjoy your music again.

I'm just enjoying the ride

I think fans of all eras should do this. We're obviously in for something special,  was long overdue, and just bask in the experience.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Yeah it was unreal the amount of people uploading it and putting a different thumbnail on. It was giving me the shit coz you thought you had found a video but no. Fuckers lol

https://www.youtube.com/results?sp=CAMS … ungle+live

zombux

zombux wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLOsD-UasC8
start and ISE. there must be more from this source, because already the previous vid (WTTJ) was from the same source.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

^ Amazing, sounds killer. Hope the rest of the recording gets put up.

zombux

zombux wrote:

maybe, might be just a few more similar snippets from a smartphone. we will see smile

Board footer