You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Your Outrageous Guns N' Roses Predictions

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Buckethead is out on the road for the first time in 4 years, after a significant back injury and the deaths of his mom and dad.

My outrageous prediction: He shows up to play one a song in Kansas City on June 29. He plays a show in Arkansas the next day.

Time heals all wounds.

Interesting.

Having said that, I don't remember the year(06 or 07) but a similar situation popped up and nothing came of it. This is a different situation though.

Here's something that goes against the possibility....there are no hits he is recognized as playing on. He would definitely get a pop from the crowd no matter what but exactly which song do you let him play? IRS? TWAT? Sorry likely out of the question. A guitar duo of Slash and Bucket for a few minutes(maybe Hendrix)?

I'd LOVE to see it happen of course but hard to truly imagine.

I wish they'd let him be the opener for a few dates in the future. Maybe in 2017 if they do some club shows before an arena tour, let Bucket play for an hour.

I wish he would bust out a few CD solos on this coming tour. Fans have yet to hear the IRS solo done properly.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

If Buckethead comes back, even for a song or two... I might actually cry. He has been the one guy I just felt like everything went wrong, and he could've been so much more for GN'R, as well as himself. He is legendary as an underground artist, but never quite had the career he deserved.

With Melissa being in the band, possibly Brain returning for a few songs, maybe Bucket... with Slash & Duff in the band... interesting. Crazy. But interesting.

We've seen so much of Izzy since 2006, but the Bucket thing was left so badly and such a mystery as to why it crumbled in the first place. He was so involved in what ultimately became of Chinese, and even Ron was just there to basically re-do his parts (which was unnecessary).

Like I said... if I saw Bucket & Slash doing dueling solos on Nightrain... I would burst into tears. It'd be the emotional pinnacle of Guns for me. That and maybe Slash doing a bluesier version Robin's solo from TWAT, and Bucket finally getting to perform his solo live on TWAT. That'd probably do it for me as well.

tejastech08 wrote:

Appetite should be left alone. We need a Very Best Of collection for the general public and hopefully it includes a couple new songs.

Appetite won't be left alone. Me thinks next year the album will be remastered with maybe some demos, possibly cleaned up versions of Jumpin' Jack Flash & Shadow of Your Love, as well as the original version of You Could Be Mine. Maybe throw on the live cut of Whole Lotta Rosie from 1987.

There's too much money to be made for a Deluxe Edition to not be on tap for next year for the 30th Anniversary. Plus, AFD has never, ever, received a deluxe edition in any form.

Disc 1:

AFD: 30th Anniversary Remastered

Disc 2:

AFD: Original 1987 Release

Disc 3:

Appetite For Rediscovery (full disc of acoustic versions, and other remixes by current 2016 band + appearences by Izzy & Steven)

Disc 4:

Demos for all songs, plus cutting room floor lost demos

Discs 5 & 6:

1-2 Live shows, remastered such as the 1986 shows, CBGB's 1987, Ritz 1988, Philly 1988, LA Coliseum 1989

There's alot of different shit they could do for that album. Just one album. Forget the rest of the catalog. All of it would sell MASSIVELY with Axl, Slash & Duff promoting it, plus Izzy & Steven showing up for shows next year.

My favorite idea?

Ritz 1988 show gets remastered for release, and sold exclusively as a special edition Keep Case VHS with Audio Cassette & CD as a LE package for hardcore collectors! big_smile

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

No doubt, a Slash/Bucket jam would be worthy of the word "epic" that so many hipsters love to throw around. Bucket got the chops, Slash has that fucking tone. Would be great.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Smoking Guns wrote:

No doubt, a Slash/Bucket jam would be worthy of the word "epic" that so many hipsters love to throw around. Bucket got the chops, Slash has that fucking tone. Would be great.

The idea of Bucket returning for a guest spot is hugely tempting – particularly given that he's back on the road at the moment – but I think it's something they have to save for a little later down the tracks. Bucket is emblematic of the Chinese Democracy incarnation of the band, and right at the moment when he's being fêted for reuniting with Slash and Duff, I can't see him (or the management) wanting to remind people of a period that's (wrongly) been written off as "Axl's Folly".

Just as Axl blocked releases from the Slash/Duff era and stifled any promotion of that line-up during the Chinese Democracy days (rightly, as it would've muddied the promotional waters around the current incarnation of the band), I very much doubt we'll be seeing anything from the Chinese Democracy era being associated with the current "regrouping" version of the band. That's particularly true of Buckethead, who's the iconic figure of the Chinese Democracy era.

Maybe a few years down the line we'll get that Chinese Democracy box set, and Bucket will be invited up on stage – but I very much doubt it'll happen during the current tour (and certainly not before Izzy and Steven, and maybe even Matt, have put in guest appearances).

Which is a damn shame, 'cause I'd kill to see Bucket and Slash trading licks on Nightrain or TWAT.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:

Guns N' Roses & Metallica do a co-headlining tour one final time and just for shits and giggles, Foo Fighters are their opening act. Just because of the fact Kurt Cobain refused the offer in 92.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Axl4Life wrote:

Guns N' Roses & Metallica do a co-headlining tour one final time and just for shits and giggles, Foo Fighters are their opening act. Just because of the fact Kurt Cobain refused the offer in 92.

How about Nirvana fronted by Paul McCartney?

Board footer