You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: 9/4/16 T-MOBILE ARENA, LAS VEGAS, NV UNITED STATES

buzzsaw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

It was quite cool. I always said everyone would get along if we ever sat in a room together and I was right.

Come to Australia for the tour next year!!!

That actually came up as an idea. It's ridiculously expensive, but if I can find a way to swing it, I'm in.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

That actually came up as an idea. It's ridiculously expensive, but if I can find a way to swing it, I'm in.

Excellent.

I was devastated I couldn't come to the usa for this round. But we're going to make up for it locally - Metalalex and I have a fine tradition of meeting up in one of our cities come tour time it's been going on since the VR shows. I'm looking forward to meeting Gibbo in person too.

Anyways...come to our prison island...hmm that sales pitch needs some work but you know.....

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Excellent.

I was devastated I couldn't come to the usa for this round. But we're going to make up for it locally - Metalalex and I have a fine tradition of meeting up in one of our cities come tour time it's been going on since the VR shows. I'm looking forward to meeting Gibbo in person too.

Anyways...come to our prison island...hmm that sales pitch needs some work but you know.....

Just make sure you warn him about the drop bears. 16

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Can we all just take a moment to appreciate Fortus' awesome guitar tone on Don't Cry, with the little Bigsby-trem dive before the verse starts? It reminds me of that Nancy Sinatra song, My Baby Shot Me Down.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Even people such as myself who never liked the guy that much and never understood the praise are now giving him props. He fits in now and even with Slash front and center, he will get more attention since the 3 guitarist approach has been ditched(thank God).

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Even people such as myself who never liked the guy that much and never understood the praise are now giving him props

I remember that you used to hate the way he would profusely strum his guitar like a madman.

Was pretty funny.

I'm in agreement when it comes to his role in the band as it is now. He fits the bill.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

CSS 2.0 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Even people such as myself who never liked the guy that much and never understood the praise are now giving him props

I remember that you used to hate the way he would profusely strum his guitar like a madman.

I always wonder how in God's name he hits the right notes when he does that "guitar-punching" thing. And how he manages to keep it in tune.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

I always wonder how in God's name he hits the right notes when he does that "guitar-punching" thing. And how he manages to keep it in tune.

I'd hate to be his guitar tech wink

It's like how bumble plays that fretless monster and somehow hits the right notes. I played it and it feels like a violin with the weight of a semi-trailer.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

It's like how bumble plays that fretless monster and somehow hits the right notes. I played it and it feels like a violin with the weight of a semi-trailer.

Bumble let you try it? Nice. But seriously, goes on to show how much work it is to be in this band.

Try wielding that thing for over 2 hours in front of thousands of people while on painkillers and jetlag  wink

Bumble got a lot of flack for being other than Bucket and for his public demeanour, but he's still one mean guitarist.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Bumble let you try it? Nice. But seriously, goes on to show how much work it is to be in this band.

Try wielding that thing for over 2 hours in front of thousands of people while on painkillers and jetlag  wink

Bumble got a lot of flack for being other than Bucket and for his public demeanour, but he's still one mean guitarist.

Absolutely.

I think Bumble is massively under-rated because his style is so different to Slash's and thus for fans of the classic band he's a strange fit for GNR. However that's more about Axl's plan for the sound than Bumble's fault. Meanwhile because people warmed to Bucket it seemed Bumble got hostility on that front too. Then it was compounded by the 3 guitar policy that made the songs sound different and forced Bumble to do nothing much of the time when he could have been shredding.

However at the end of the day he is formidable on guitar. I mean you can hand him a guitar and he can literally play anything and I mean ANYTHING.

As for his demeanour he's a very fun guy to hang around with and actually a very nice person it seems. I know he got a bit angry and made some public comments a couple of times about GNR - but hey - even as fans we get mad about GNR sometimes - I can't imagine how frustrating that must have been to have his talent, to have made it into a band like GNR, and then to not really have a chance to shine and for the band to stagnate for 10 years. Can't blame him for a little frustration. Especially considering the health issues he went through at the same time.

Anyway, yeah he let me have a shot on it at a clinic he did at a music store here. It's very hard to play but he makes it look so easy.

Board footer