You are not logged in. Please register or login.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

Re: 9/4/16 T-MOBILE ARENA, LAS VEGAS, NV UNITED STATES

CSS 2.0 wrote:

I'm with apex-twin on this one. I love Shackler's Revenge and especially its solo, which I feel he nailed.

The fact that we've never heard the original version might play into that but I also feel it is the only work of his that does not feel tacked on or separated from the song itself. I guess you could say that it feels (to me) like he took part in writing/recording the song even though he didn't.

Best live version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GuEFNJECTE

Osaka 2009.

Also check out the performances of If The World and Out Ta Get Me if you've got the time. They're stellar.

AtariLegend wrote:

A little bit of trivia here apparently. Even though everyone's thoughts where on Coma or DTJ, these were the first shows New Rose was actually played live under the Guns N' Roses banner.

Speaking of TSI tracks, wouldn't it have been cool if they played Black Leather in place of The Seeker? Not a fan of covers, but well... it's a TSI track that never got played live. Ain't It Fun probably be pushing it though.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If they bust out more TSI tracks and its practically a guarantee, even though not my favorites it'll likely be DOTF and Aint It Fun. While SIDHY was the main single on the radio(top 40), rock radio played those two when TSI was first released.

In a perfect world they'd whip out Buick Makane once.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Down on the Farm is fun

Lomax wrote:

i want me some Human Being if TSI is getting some more representation on this tour.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Holy shit, I just saw a commercial for the GNR tour on CNN! That is quite the promotion. Never expected to see that.

Lomax wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Holy shit, I just saw a commercial for the GNR tour on CNN! That is quite the promotion. Never expected to see that.

Jesus. It almost feels like Axl was unhappy calling the non Slash/Duff lineups GNR. He's got no problem with promoting the band now that they are back.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

They are trying to sell out those stadiums.    They weren't playing venues like this, at least in the states.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I think Axl is happy and pissed at the same fucking time which is why he smiles watching Slash and also feels the need to remind us Richard has been in the band 15 years (meaning GNR never stopped and Slash isn't GNR etc) and that was an era he wished got this much attention. I wonder what will happen when Slash's popularity continues to rise. Will he feel Slash's position of fame and popularity is a threat to him etc?  I hope not. I hope he doesn't think like that. Old Axl may have felt like that. The bigger Slash is the better for GNR. At the same time, if Slash leaves again it is all over. Big gamble but huge reward.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Will he feel Slash's position of fame and popularity is a threat to him etc?

Hardly.

Despite how the public interprets the situation, the fact is that Slash and Duff endorse an Axl-led GNR. By rejoining the band, even as business partners, they have validated Axl's right for the name. Axl is Guns, currently with Slash and Duff.

Axl was irked by Slash's media visibility and he was frustrated with CD himself. He was envious at Slash, then, as Slash's departure had had a direct effect to the sound and production of the would-be CD. Meanwhile, Axl shunned the media and Slash gave the same answer for years - they last spoke in '96 and that was it.

However, Slash went on record for a few years after leaving Guns to say he's available. In the past, he's often self-admittedly tried to act 'cool' on the spotlight. Other times, his substance abuse has caused him to shoot his mouth to an unprofessional degree - of course, those we can include to the perils of rock n' roll decadence. Only Axl took offense.

The crux of the argument, to me, was that they had plenty of unresolved issues when Slash left Guns in late '96. These issues would balloon in the media and would go on to taint the production of CD. You know that album was jinxed, first marred by great expectations and then by indifference. Many times, they made some effort to mend fences. But Axl wanted to be right and Slash wanted to be his own guitarist.

This current arrangement suits both in that sense. Slash regains autonomy, gets a big payday all for himself, and consolidates his legacy as the 21st century rock guitarist with his original, infamous outfit. Axl gets RSVP'd to the top floor of Stadium Rock in a heartbeat. Everybody wants to love his band again.

They can co-exist legally and financially to their mutual benefit. But they need to trust each other, and that's a personal matter.

Board footer