You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: 20/4/16 FORO SOL, MEXICO CITY, MEXICO

monkeychow wrote:

That slash take on the bucket solo is just incredible it sounds awesome!

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

And I know you want more! With a hotted up solo \m/

johndivney wrote:

I want it all Gibbo! Slash is just making my day atm.

AtariLegend wrote:

I can't believe I missed "There Was A Time" by sleeping sad.

Just listening to it, easily one of my favorite performances of it. Slash didn't play the solo exactly like on the album, but it was still fantastic. That said I don't think the band have ever had anyone play a direct album rip of the solo, meaning that was probably (definitely) was the best rendition of it live.

Easily his best take on any of the Chinese material and considering it's the best song on the album, it's awesome.

I also like that since there's less guitar live, you can hear the bass more. The bass is great, Tommy's was too... but you couldn't hear over the extra layers like Ron ect.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

just yesterday I was thinking about ChiDem songs.
1) I kind of hate that drum sound. it's too much punchy-punchy, it ruins the songs, should be much tighter (not blaming Frank at all! this is not the drummer, but the kit)
2) I miss all those guitar layers at ChiDem, I really do. the song sounds rough and quite empty. I was used to hearing multiple guitar lines wailing together, now nothing of those is there and the song gets boring. I like the sound of Slash's guitar, but it should be more prominent. same about Richard's guitar, which is nearly unhearable and buried in the mix.
just my 5cents smile

AtariLegend wrote:

Disagree entirely on that. There Was A Time/Chinese Democracy sound excellent at the minute. The less layers actually making them feel more alive (live) now to me.

One upside/downside to take out of this. There Was A Time looks like it's the alternative for Coma. That means there's a chance when Axl is out of the chair they'll be playing it more often, but it might mean Coma will become rarer again.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

That said I don't think the band have ever had anyone play a direct album rip of the solo

Ron played the solo pretty close here in 2014 I think:

But I must say I'm enjoying this slash version immensely

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

That said I don't think the band have ever had anyone play a direct album rip of the solo

Ron played the solo pretty close here in 2014 I think:

But I must say I'm enjoying this slash version immensely

Ron played it note for note. I'd still call it a failed attempt though, as he doesn't come close to the feel of BH. It sounds tame.

Wonder what Slash did with it. His other CD solos haven't impressed me so far. I'll find out tonight.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

LOVE Slash's take on TWAT. Always thought it was begging to be on UYI and this confirms it.

Hearing these guys nail the CD songs makes me really hope they've got the bug to get back in the studio and make some new stuff. The creative juices must be flowing being back together and fitting back together so well.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I love seeing you guys fully embrace Slash on TWAT and other CD songs... Makes my heart warm.

Board footer