You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: What's left that the we want added to the set-list?

mitchejw wrote:

One in a million with slash on vocals

AndyShores
 Rep: 11 

AndyShores wrote:

You can't ask me to choose between Locomotive and Breakdown.  If they played both back to back the stadium, this forum, my head, and unfortunately Axl's voice, would explode.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah I was trying to avoid the CD songs cos of the topic....but if we're going there I have the following wishlist:

Madagascar - featuring a blues based Slash solo in the middle rather than a cover of the old solo

Riad - I think this one would be really metal with Slash's input.

Catcher and Street of Dreams would be interesting too.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I would love to see Slash's take on Street of Dreams and Maddy. Also if we are talking about CD related material, please for the love of Christ have Slash and Duff tackle "Oh My God". I know Fortus has been talking about bringing it back into the set for quite a long time. They've even rehearsed it back for Rock in Rio and other performances. So it needs to happen now. I would to see how they would strip it down with Slash's guitar work. Plus with Melissa being there with her influences they could still pull it off.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Neemo wrote:

Breakdown, pretry tied up and don't damn me would all be pretty fn cool

They'd be my 3 as well and throw in Locomotive for good measure.

AtariLegend wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Songs like Crash Diet, Bring It Back Home, Just Another Sunday have less than zero chance. They're not even officially GNR songs. Never were..never will be. We're lucky we ever even heard them. I have some doubts they'd even make it on to a box set. Songs like Sentimental Movie, Too Much Too Soon,etc. are barely a notch above these and wont be performed either.

Hold the line, wait?

You'd take

over a finished;

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

No I didn't say that. Sentimental Movie is garbage. "A notch above" meant in the GNR category and the chance of appearing on a box set.

Crash Diet was handed to a different band anyways since GNR weren't going to do anything with it.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Crash diet is def the best unreleased old GNR track to me.

Although I think Axl said it wasn't serious and it was just so west and the guys could do some shredding didn't he?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Which is why its not really a GNR song. Even though it was actually released on an album you can add Look At Your Game Girl to that list as well.

AtariLegend wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Which is why its not really a GNR song.

Axl, Duff and Izzy are on it tongue. I bet Slash would have done a good take on the solo too.

Anyway again, it'd only be about randomly playing it live at a show, not recording it. Obviously it's extremely unlikely.

Board footer