You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Axl Rose joins AC/DC

polluxlm wrote:

Bon gave them credibility and songwriting, Brian gave them super stardom and power. Bill is bringing back a bit of both.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Bon gave them credibility and songwriting, Brian gave them super stardom and power. Bill is bringing back a bit of both.

Bill, lol

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I figured it would rhyme. 16

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

This shirt is fucking great. Angus should sell it as official merchandise, haha.

f4zRFnK.png

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Hahaha splendid indeed! I'd give you a shit ton of karma if I could.

Lindsey Buckingham though, man I surprised that cat when I asked him about Dennis. Such a highlight of a 1st meet. Plus I got Rumors (is it American or British spelling? The album uses) and his solo record Seeds We Sow signed.

johndivney wrote:

For TSD (tho any excuse really):
http://youtu.be/jQtbElnRX0g

What the hell, here's my other favourite Dennis song

[/embed]

James Lofton wrote:

I have hearing loss AND tinnitus. You do NOT "forget about it after a week". It is ALWAYS there. Do you know when you forget about it? When you're sleeping. The nanosecond you wake up, it reminds you of its existence.

He can spin it til the cows come home and minimize it all he wants but Angus made the right decision. If it wasn't a problem, nobody in AC/DC would have even known about it. You cant fake having good hearing unless you can read lips and I doubt lip reading would have helped on a tour.

Brian Wilson is an example of someone that is an exception to the rule.

But, I agree with your post.

Stupidity on Brian's part, nice guy, but come on mate. Protect the money maker.

Someone wrote on here about AC / DC being better than Guns, I think Brett was their name.

Sorry bro, I like AC / DC  casually. But, AC / DC can't hold a candle to Guns. The general public and even people with heads not in their asses know that all AC / DC songs sound alike. Just say different words: TNT, Thunder et cetera.

Not trying to take a piss on AC / DC but, you can't say in musical sense or creativity that it beats Guns N' Roses. It just doesn't.

Again, I like AC / DC. Think Axl is great in it. I liked them when they blew the Rolling Stones out of the water and did a great one for my city of Toronto. But, they aren't in the same league as Guns.

Brian's situation is unfortunate.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm not going to get into GNR vs Ac/Dc because I deeply love both bands.

I will say the "they all sound the same" thing to me never had any credibility.

To me it's like saying "every girl you fucked had a vagina". Yep they did. And it was good.

Same with Ac/Dc - they have a distinct sound and it's great.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Wow! Brian sounds great!!!!

Info on album. Brian is on 2 songs

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/listen … ck-n-roll/

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

He does, but I don't think studio work was ever really the issue. More the risk to his hearing a live show poses and in turn the impact that has on his live vocals.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

Someone wrote on here about AC / DC being better than Guns, I think Brett was their name.

Sorry bro, I like AC / DC  casually. But, AC / DC can't hold a candle to Guns. The general public and even people with heads not in their asses know that all AC / DC songs sound alike. Just say different words: TNT, Thunder et cetera.

Not trying to take a piss on AC / DC but, you can't say in musical sense or creativity that it beats Guns N' Roses. It just doesn't.

Again, I like AC / DC. Think Axl is great in it. I liked them when they blew the Rolling Stones out of the water and did a great one for my city of Toronto. But, they aren't in the same league as Guns.

Brian's situation is unfortunate.

I definitely would never say AC/DC is better than Guns musically, so it must have been someone else or my post was misinterpreted. With that said, I wouldn't be offended if someone said AC/DC was better than Guns because they just have too many good songs. Remember, your fuhrer Axl is giddy like a 9 year old girl at a tea party to be singing for this band whose songs supposedly sound alike and have shitty lyrics. That alone should put things into perspective on just how much AC/DC means to music.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Update from Classic Rock Magazine:

A leading hearing technology boss reports that AC/DC’s Brian Johnson has been in touch with him, after a social media campaign was launched to make a meeting happen.

The hearing technology boss who vowed to help AC/DC’s Brian Johnson return to live performance says the pair will meet next week, following an online campaign Johnson was forced to stop touring earlier this year under the threat of permanent deafness – but Stephen Ambrose, head of in-ear monitor makers Asius Technologies, vowed he could help the veteran singer return to the stage.

Now Ambrose says the pair will discuss the situation next Tuesday (May 17). He reports: “Due to everyone’s tremendous support, Brian and I spoke yesterday. What a gracious man. He and his wife invited me to visit them next week.

“If anyone deserves to benefit from my research it’s Brian, who’s been giving incomparable performances for years, despite increased hearing loss.

“I’m going to do my utmost to see if our breakthroughs can help him. If I’m successful I’m sure Brian will let everyone know.

“Please pray for our success next week.”

This meeting was supposed to happen a few days ago. Has there been any word from Brian about how it went (or if it even occurred)?

Board footer