You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: New Sixx AM song 'Rise' performed in SoHo

James wrote:

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Without new material, I'm a bigger fan of this band than I am of GNR these says. There, I've said it. Release something GNR.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I don't think there is a band out there that collectively looks so much like a bunch of db posers. And generally, the music follows suit.

I dig Van Nuys though. Think I spelled it right.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Missed this before youtube pulled it.

Sixx:Am is hitt and miss to me - enjoyed the first two albums, didn't like the third one at all.

I could see them doing good stuff in the future though. DJ and Nikki is a good fit.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Dont see how Nikki could be considered a poser...but whatevs

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Honestly, fair point neemo. But in this band, the music he makes, is not original.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I like the first album...heroin diaries and how it ties in with Nikki's 1st book

2nd album was ok...

this single is decent ... u can tell that DJ grew as a guitarist during his time in gnr

As far as whether the music is "original" ... again the LA sleeze rock stuff can in a large part be attributed to Nikki and Motley Crue ... at least from my pov ... gnr essentially piggy backed on a road paved by Crue ... Sixx AM basically is a modernized version of Nikki trying to recreate Crue ... but investing less time to make it huge because he also has a family, a radio show, a writing career and Motley Crue to all deal with at the same time

My biggest problem with Sixx AM is James Michaels ... I just don't think he is a very good vocalist

Does anyone listen to Sixx Sense on the radio? It's pretty good sometimes...the local rock station up here syndicates it every night

Board footer