You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Re: Axl at the Chinese Exchange

Axl at an open Q&A..

On CD songs and Coma w/Slash
https://www.instagram.com/p/BGXFmZRObSK … sgrachelle

Should be more coming I would think.

Mama's Good Boy

If there is a way to embed that link above in the post directly, help me out mods.

Also he was signing for fans, so maybe he hasn't stopped doing autographs.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Wow. Hopefully this is the jackpot of answers we've all been looking for...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I don't know why it isn't embedding. I just tried it as well....no dice. Maybe that account has the feature turned off. Not sure. Maybe it's a glitch.

I'm on my phone and cant watch it at the moment. What did he say about new material? Whatever it is, I take it seriously. This isn't the CD era where you can just laugh off the comments. He means business now.

Mama's Good Boy

James Lofton wrote:

I don't know why it isn't embedding. I just tried it as well....no dice. Maybe that account has the feature turned off. Not sure. Maybe it's a glitch.

I'm on my phone and cant watch it at the moment. What did he say about new material? Whatever it is, I take it seriously. This isn't the CD era where you can just laugh off the comments. He means business now.

In the clip he says that he likes performing the CD songs the most, and that he enjoyed playing Coma and that he did it because it made Slash happy and the fans happy, and that it was easier on him sitting down for that song. 

Haven't seen any other clips of it yet, but these things are usually filmed.. so here's to hoping.

Mama's Good Boy

From 'ACP' on mygnrforum... take it for what its worth.

Hi everyone, my first post here.  Well I WAS THERE TONIGHT!!!!   I am posting this info because it's what I'd like as a GnR fan if I hadn't made it. I registered recently for some online website that informs you of when bands are playing and got a notification on Friday from them about an Axl Rose event today.  I booked it immediately and asked for the afternoon off work. As has been stated, Axl was late but the traffic in London was a nightmare today with the heavy rain and it genuinely wasn't his fault.  I thought the venue seemed a bit odd too but online I could see other stars have done this.  I have to say I have no insider info and was just lucky to get the ticket on Friday. I managed to get a seat on the front row too and I asked Axl a question. 

Axl looked and sounded great, he was happy, smiling, polite, very friendly and I have to say endearing.  The moderator talked wth him first for a while then opened the floor to questions and said they had to be intelligent questions. Mostly they were to be honest and Axl came across as very intelligent himself. There was a camera filming so I'd assume there will be a video posted online at some point.  There was no bitching about Slash so if anyone says otherwise it's a lie.  The only thing I remember in this regard is someone asked how they got on now, and Axl said words to the effect of its all great/good and that it had been 19yrs since they'd spoken and that Slash had written things in his book that were just made up.  Someone asked Axl if he would write a book so we can hear his side, and he said he would but that it would be hard to tell his side now they've made up without it affecting things. I'm sorry those aren't Axls exact words, it's just how I remember.

When I got the chance to ask a question, I asked now that GnR have reformed, do you have any plans to tour in the UK/Europe (outside the states)?  My mind was a bit jellied because I was in awe but he said definitely, that they want to pursue or push this to be a big thing. 

While people managed to take photos on their phones, the moderator eventually said we should put down on phones/stop recording and enjoy the moment for its rarity in the here and now  - he didn't want people to film it and said we can look at the video later on YouTube.  That's why there isn't much video footage.  At the end the moderator said because they'd been mobbed outside coming in, he didn't want us to be all middle class and start taking selfies/autographs, and said Axl and his entourage will leave shortly.  But then Axl said he was happy to stay for photos/autographs.  I was hoping to have my photo taken with him, but it was like a scrum - people trying to get to him, brandishing albums for his signature.  I felt during the whole session Axl had been relaxed and friendly and been happy to answer people's questions, and I felt this scramble at the end was a shame.  It felt like people were just keen to get signatures (maybe to sell on) or take a selfie and before I got a chance to get close to Axl his bodyguard said that was enough. I saw the videos when Axl left and was walking back to his taxi - I think it's shameful how people were jumping in front of him and snapping etc.  I have to be honest and say he was a really lovely guy, and I think he deserved treating with greater respect. 

I am still star struck.......I will try and post some photos if I can figure it out....

James

James wrote:

Glad he mentioned CD. He could have easily avoided the subject so this does mean there's a chance for forward movement on that front. If he likes performing CD songs, maybe he'd like performing(and releasing) some of his favorite unreleased songs from those sessions....specifically any not about Slash. 16 I hope Oklahoma/Berlin is still in play. Apex would know more on this but this might be the song that actually kicked off the CD project as it dates back to 95-96 and the Erin lawsuit.

I wish he would go into more detail on the subject matter of these tracks. The Axl chats were such a wasted opportunity. I've said it a million times but it deserves repeating. He was open to any questions on the project and the trolls ruined it.

I had Rex ask a question for me as I wasn't online during the live chat and even I wasted my question so I guess I cant blame just the trolls. 16 There was no advance warning for the chats so you couldn't create a list of killer questions but those who sat there for hours in real time should have been able to think of some.

My question was about the killer Buckethead solo on Madagascar at Rio, why wasn't it on the album, and was he surprised by the different take on it that night. He skipped the question. 16 17

James

James wrote:

Thanks for posting that. I doubt we ever get the book now. He's not going to create friction where none needs to be. If he does release a book, it will be in the twilight of his life when GNR is over.

I'm so glad the Axl/Slash war is over. It was such a waste. I think both men realize it. Even if they didn't get back together immediately the war should have ended looooooooong ago. It cast such a dark shadow over the Chinese Democracy years.

edit: Had the two been on friendly terms, imagine the 2000-08 era where members like Finck, Fortus, and Tommy are not having to walk on egg shells in interviews. T0ommy handled it all the best but there were some awkward interviews with the CD era guitarists during the new GNR years.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Glad he mentioned CD. He could have easily avoided the subject so this does mean there's a chance for forward movement on that front. If he likes performing CD songs, maybe he'd like performing(and releasing) some of his favorite unreleased songs from those sessions....specifically any not about Slash. 16 I hope Oklahoma/Berlin is still in play. Apex would know more on this but this might be the song that actually kicked off the CD project as it dates back to 95-96 and the Erin lawsuit.

I wish he would go into more detail on the subject matter of these tracks. The Axl chats were such a wasted opportunity. I've said it a million times but it deserves repeating. He was open to any questions on the project and the trolls ruined it.

I had Rex ask a question for me as I wasn't online during the live chat and even I wasted my question so I guess I cant blame just the trolls. 16 There was no advance warning for the chats so you couldn't create a list of killer questions but those who sat there for hours in real time should have been able to think of some.

My question was about the killer Buckethead solo on Madagascar at Rio, why wasn't it on the album, and was he surprised by the different take on it that night. He skipped the question. 16 17

At least he answered our question about which song titles were legit and which ones were fake or something to that effect. Really cool to see Axl doing more stuff like this. I hope it starts happening more often!

johndivney wrote:

Holy shit
Fair play to the big man

Edit: a few days ago I made a quip about axl releasing an autobiography. I was of course being facetious due to the bad blood it would bring up & shake the apple cart & there you go he addressed that very thing.. Wonder if he addressed the Google cease n desist..

Board footer