You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: On the search for a new frontman:

I don't see anyone outside of an english speaking country being picked.  If I had to put money down on who they'll go with, Bach would be my top pick.  While I like Sebastian, his stage antics are a lil bit corny though I think it would be a great fit with VR.  But didn't Bach burn some bridges after they chose Weiland.  I recall somewhere where he trashed VR.  With him having Axl's dick so far in his mouth, it may not even be an option for him to join VR.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Although I don't believe a reunion will ever happen, if Bach did join VR, I think he would be the gate to a reunion actually happening a few years down the road.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

James votes for MIA.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I wasn't too sure where to post this article so I figured I would whack it in here since Bach mentions trying out for VR (the first time). 

It's just a recent interview with him:

http://www.eyeweekly.com/city/scrolling … icle/24162

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Has anyone thought of Lenny Kravitz as a possibility for the new frontman job?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Has anyone thought of Lenny Kravitz as a possibility for the new frontman job?

Someone mentioned that before.

I did big_smile I still think that Lenny Kravitz or Linda Perry would be the best well-known singer for this band. But I can see Slash trying out some of his candidates on his solo album, and then decide. 21

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

some interesting Cornell news...if you are praying that he takes the vacant spot against all odds 19

CHRIS CORNELL Postpones European Tour - Apr. 16, 2008 

Former AUDIOSLAVE/SOUNDGARDEN vocalist Chris Cornell has postponed his previously announced European tour due to scheduling conflicts.

In a statement released earlier today, Cornell said, "Due to an extended recording schedule, I will be able to perform in front of my European fans a few months later than expected. With that said, I plan on touring extensively through Europe and the rest of the world through 2008-2009."

Cornell is working on his next solo album with producer Timbaland, and says "it's going fantastic."

Chris stated about the unlikely pairing, "This is different from anything I've ever done. I've come from an indie rock world, where, if you have a producer, it's somebody who's not a musician, not a songwriter. He's just someone who twists knobs and can kinda tell you if they think a song is too long or too short or needs to be more aggressive. Tim's a songwriter, so I was working with him in a collaboration, sort of as if we were in a band."

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Well, it sounds like he's out, but OTOH his solo album sounds a little bit more interesting. Could be hit or miss though.

I think Kravitz would be an ok choice. A bit of a safe choice (brings a big name, credibility, fanbase etc) so it would be interesting. I just hope the songwriting is good. Kravitz had some good tunes, but I don't know if I'd want to hear a whole album of his stuff. It could work though.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Kravitz could be great for a single album but he is a one trick pony all be it a damn good one.

Board footer