You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: 1/7/16 SOLDIER FIELD, CHICAGO, IL UNITED STATES

FlashFlood wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

It is pretty full and getting more crowded.  Pits are packed solid. I am not a big AIC fan. Will probably skip them Sunday.

Well if you didn't like them before the lead singer died I'd hardly expect you to like them now.

Would you have preferred Kravitz?

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

That's so sick. Hope the NJ one is as cool as this. Maybe a few mobsters throwing a body somewhere 16 I do plan on buying one at my show.

There's history for the band in Chicago so hopefully we get a few or one surprise tonight. Sold out gig too.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I had to go to the store and was hoping to get back in time for DTJ. I missed it.

Yeah they are really going beyond the call of duty with these regional themed posters. I never expected that. We were used to the laziness of the 09-14 era.

Major kudos to the GNR camp for delivering the goods.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

It is pretty full and getting more crowded.  Pits are packed solid. I am not a big AIC fan. Will probably skip them Sunday.

Well if you didn't like them before the lead singer died I'd hardly expect you to like them now.

Would you have preferred Kravitz?

Yes, but only because I haven't seen him live. AIC is fine, but this is the 3rd time in a few months.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Quick summary : frank is still trying to push the pace at times, but they held hIm back fairly well.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Quick summary : frank is still trying to push the pace at times, but they held hIm back fairly well.

Better them 1992 big_smile

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Now that I'm home, I can share a few of my impressions from the show.

Estranged was REALLY impressive live...did not expect that!
They were all business! Little to no talking...one song after the next...bam bam bam! I was definitely in need of a break about at the point they play TIL...as in a sit down and take a breather.

Coma was really cool also...the peaks and valleys of the song play super well live.

BIG fireworks show during Paradise City really added some over the top pop to an already awesome closer.

So glad to see them back together. I was hoping they would pull out some "alternatve songs" for the Chicago show due to the city's significance to the band...but alas that didn't happen.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Glad you enjoyed the show. Must not be a big fan of DTJ as people have noticed he's brought back the word "homefuck" which had been missing from the song this year.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I am of the opinion that he has been instructed to do so since it has not been an issue, until now, after several tours. Did I miss something?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Glad you enjoyed the show. Must not be a big fan of DTJ as people have noticed he's brought back the word "homefuck" which had been missing from the song this year.

Forgot about DTJ....honestly they played so many songs I forget some.

DTJ was great....home fuck doesn't bother me none.

Personally I'd like to hear more from UYI.

Board footer