You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Bumblefoot Loudwire GnR interview July 6th

johndivney wrote:

Nothing too telling or explicit. (& no, he's not using it to plug his own stuff either!)

He posted a comment below,

Hey all, for the sake of accuracy - I let the band members & crew know I was leaving on March 1, 2014, soon as we met for the first rehearsal for the tours. I offered to help with finding my own replacement, offered suggestions and to train whoever it would be so they'd be 'show ready', and finished all booked shows. During the tours I started hearing rumblings about the 2016 plans (from crew/other) Hope this clarifies the timeline a bit, thanks

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

"Sometimes felt like friends, sometimes felt like enemies, you know, felt like band mates."  On his and Axl's relationship.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

The gist of that interview seemed to be "touring was fun, made some good memories after proving myself" but "holy shit that was fucking awful".

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

"Heard rumblings"? Even Stevie Wonder could see that lineup had run out of road....which is why they "left it in Vegas". He offered to help find his own replacement? Is this where the Orianthi crap originated? Don't remember.

Either way, I'm glad Axl put that 09-14 lineup out of its misery. I know some people liked it but that specific lineup was a complete waste of Axl's time. Six loooooooooooong years. Look what Axl has done in 2016 and the year is only half over.

There was no chance in hell of the Chinese era continuing but I assume that if it had, Axl would have declined his offer to help and would have tried to contact Bucket to bring him back into the mix. We now know the thing with Bucket was a communication breakdown with Merck being responsible for most of it, and the tension with Tommy was long gone since Tommy saw the situation differently after the album was released. Only issue would have been Brain not being involved in a touring capacity although maybe Bucket would've had no problem with it since Brain and Melissa were involved in those CD remixes.

I can imagine Pitman being ditched for Melissa in a relaunched CD era just like he was in the current scenario.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

If the way the tour was managed in 2014 was anything like the previous years, the band got a relatively late notice.

Bumblefoot wrote:

“We could be planning something [for my solo project] for next April,” he told Radio Futura. “And then Guns will book something March 31 for April... suddenly you’re in this situation where you have to choose... I’m choosing my own life…and if [the band’s management] are not willing to help me keep the two functioning well together, then I’m out.” -11/30/13

Come next tour cycle, he walked in with his mind made up.

Bumblefoot wrote:

I let the band members & crew know I was leaving on March 1, 2014, soon as we met for the first rehearsal for the tours.

This slightly alters the narrative put forth by the Guns camp.

Bumblefoot... quit in South America. He told Axl he was done and (Las) Vegas would be his last run with the band. -07/31/15

Bumble was a real class act on it, tho, with the assumption that the band would go beyond Vegas.

Bumblefoot wrote:

I offered to help with finding my own replacement, offered suggestions and to train whoever it would be so they'd be 'show ready', and finished all booked shows.

Only it wasn't.

“Band members have been told their calendars are free following Vegas,” a source close to the band tells RadarOnline. -05/21/14

What Axl was considering to retire was the current lineup.

Bumblefoot wrote:

During the tours I started hearing rumblings about the 2016 plans (from crew/other)

And that was muchly Duff's doing. In all likelihood, talks had been going on since Duff played with / opening for them in 2010. But Slash was still cancer and much negativity needed dispelling. Axl wanted to try his wings after CD. Even RRHOF seemed too early, apparently.

Was Ron quitting and Duff coming in the incentive Axl was looking for? "The hell with this, I'll just wrap things up and call Slash." Reunion by chance - typical Guns. 16

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

In fairness to Ron he had a pretty terrible run after joining guns including:

* Horrific Car Accident that left him in terrible constant pain for some years.

* Getting Cancer and treatment

Then on top of that you add:

* Bulling and Abuse when he joined the band.

* He joined in 2006 when things seemed on an upnote, he immediately worked on the album which it seemed would be finished that year and the band would move on. Then 9 years later he was still playing AFD based shows with no prospect of writing and recording as a band until they finished CD2 which was written in 1999 or so and yet has no timeline for release.

* Disrespectful and uncaring way shows were scheduled (or rather were not scheduled)  around his illnesses.

* Under-employed - he has the best chops in the line ups he was in yet was relegated mostly small guitar lines here and there.

To be honest...can't blame him if he was a bit disappointed how it worked out....it would have seemed like the greatest opportunity ever at first. If the inactivity and wasted chances frustrate us as fans - I can only imagine what it's like being in the band when it's your real life and career.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Do we know what happened with Robin?

Outside of NIN being greener pastures after a decade of frustration and wasted time?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Last time Robin mentioned GNR was in 2014. I doubt we're going to hear very much from him on the subject.

Board footer