You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Joe Perry Critically Ill

monkeychow wrote:

Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry was reportedly forced to leave the stage and taken to to the hospital tonight (July 10) during a concert by his Alice Cooper-fronted side project the Hollywood Vampires. He is believed to be in critical condition.

Although there has been no official word on what happened, there have been numerous posts on social media from those attending the show at the Coney Island Amphitheater in Brooklyn, N.Y. As you can see from the video below, Perry sits down on the drum riser while appearing to have difficulty playing, and then leaves the stage mid-song under his own power. Billboard says this took place during the first song. Unverified tweets from fans at the scene claim Perry was then treated backstage by emergency medics.

PIX11 is reporting that he was taken to Coney Island Hospital and cites police sources as saying he is in critical condition, with Page Six saying he
suffered a cardiac arrest
at approximately 9:30PM.

According to one account, the band continued playing, and Cooper told the crowd, “‘If you notice one of our brothers is not onstage with us, he was very sick before the show.”

Source: http://ultimateclassicrock.com/joe-perry-hospital/

I hope he survives and recovers ok....the world isn't ready for this loss.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Wow. Hope he makes it. Supposedly Aerosmith were planning a farewell tour and its something Perry has wanted for years. Tyler to into his solo career and has dragged that on for years.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah I was quietly dreaming of an Aerosmith/GNR double headline tour in Australia next year!

I saw Aerosmith a few years ago and it was one of the best shows I've seen for sure.

AtariLegend wrote:

Best wishes/sympathies for his friends/family and himself at this time.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Looks like Alice is saying he's in stable condition, thankfully.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Thank God. I guess one thing isn't related to another but there's been so many music losses already this year. Obviously a win for his family and friends too.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Dang...hope he gets better

Board footer