You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

Even yesterday Obama had to bring up Trayvon Martin and Alton Smith at a memorial for dead cops in a town having nothing to do with killing anyone...

If the idiots who support and cheer Black Lives Matter, actually cared about Black lives, their focus would be on their own community.  I know it's a common diversion among "progressives" to claim they can be upset about multiple things at once (though they weirdly remain mum on the issues they allegedly are also concerned with), but this takes the cake.  Saying you care about black lives and then protest about cop killings is like watching as your house burns down, noticing a termite in the corner of the room, and deciding to call an exterminator instead of the fire department.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

The last few comments above are a case and point of why things will never change. I truly believe people would rather be angry and point fingers than put something, anything behind us. I have so many issues with the #blacklivesmatter movement but I also have an issue with that hatred that Trump is spewing and apparently gathering energy around.

To say this is Obama's fault is absolutely absurd. I do not understand this at all. Obama may have exposed some things about this country that we all wanted to pretend weren't there...but they were always there.

When I look around, all I see are people that are hurting and acting out in anger. Otherwise, I guess we will all collectively hold our breath until the next act of violence occurs. Then we can have the same tired conversations all over again....and again....and again.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The #BlackLivesMatter movement is disgusting. It should've been stopped long before it went mainstream. Its reached a point where if you say all lives matter there is fake outrage and you must apologize for saying such a thing. Ian Astbury did this very thing a few days ago. Mischa Barton tweeted that it was a tragedy how that black guy got killed by cops a few days ago and something needs to be done about it but since she was on a yacht while tweeting it, she got a ton of shit, was labeled "out of touch", had to delete her tweet, and apologize. Let me say that again....a white person who thought the killing of a black man was a tragedy was forced to apologize for saying this.

How many black celebrities have had to apologize this week for saying that killing was a tragedy?

This whole movement has went way too far.  I've said this before but when the backlash finally comes(and it will), it is going to be massive. The general public will only be able to stomach so much of this before it explodes.

Same with all this other ultra PC garbage which also ties in with this movement.

One other thing....you're not a racist for pointing this shit out. That's something else I'm really sick of.

Flagg is right...if people in black communities actually give a damn about anything, focus on improving their neighborhoods. Instead of spray painting graffiti on a bridge, volunteer in your community to clean up the mess. Instead of walking the streets carrying a gun, go study for the ACT test and apply at your local college. Affirmative action guarantees that black people get larger grants so take advantage of it instead of whining about inequality when that system is actually rigged in their favor to begin with. Instead of posting racist shit in your twitter/FB feeds, find a constructive hobby. Instead of standing on a local street corner selling drugs on Paradise Ave, go apply for a job at the Jack in the Box three blocks away. Instead of ranting against "whitey", go stand in front of a mirror when pointing your finger.

johndivney wrote:

I dunno why but I can't get the video to embed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JDiamond1/st … 89/video/1

Worth a gander at the longer version here

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/11/22/polit … rontation/

If you truly can't understand why the phrase all lives matter is inherently racist then this whole place stops being fun for me.
I mean you all know me by now, I'm willing to laugh off most things, appreciate the absurdity in almost everything. But this right here is something else. Shocking & really disappointing attitudes on display. I'm not naive, I know full well these attitudes exist, but I'd have thought more of you guys.

James

James wrote:

What makes BlackLivesMatter not racist but All Lives Matter racist? Maybe things are different on that side of the pond but the #BlackLivesMatter movement is not sunshine and lollipops here I can assure you.

When white people are being attacked by members of that movement for supporting them, something is very wrong. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

James

James wrote:

One other thing....BlackLivesMatter,WhiteLivesMatter,etc....its ALL racist. That's the point. Only ONE of the lives that matter gets a free pass.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

To me, the name Black Lives Matter makes sense in that Black Lives should hold the same value as whites, not that the lives of white people don't matter. All Lives Matter, from how I see it, is seen as taking away from the original statement, that all lives are considered equal when they really aren't. I have no problem with it. I think they've done a terrible job explaining it, and the wannabe revolutionary shit is pretty funny. They literally can't get out of their own way. None of us has any idea what it's like to be black, to come from those neighborhoods. I think southern whites are horribly misunderstood, misrepresented, intentionally portrayed as dumb and racist, and we're the onlky group in America tuast it's socially acceptable to demean. We all know there is prejudice against our accents, and no outsider will understand our heritage.

So, I can't stand here and complain about that kind of shit and not acknowledge that it's different for them, too. The one thing I can't stand is when a white guy tries to compare their lives to a black kid growing up in the hood. You have NO idea what it's like to come from those place, to be that color. We need to stop that.

I thought Obama gave a great speech, IMO. I loved the part aimed at protestors about context of the argument..

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

You European fellas may not have a good grasp of the situation. The BBC makes it look much different than real life. It is a sham.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm not supporting Black Lives Matter, just that I understand the name, which was copped from a sign at a protest. I think the group is a self centered sewer, like most groups are.

I'm talking about white people who feel compelled to explain how they made it in contrast to a poor black kid who's reality is nothing similar to a poor white kid who isn't living in a war zone.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

johndivney wrote:

I dunno why but I can't get the video to embed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JDiamond1/st … 89/video/1

Worth a gander at the longer version here

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/11/22/polit … rontation/

If you truly can't understand why the phrase all lives matter is inherently racist then this whole place stops being fun for me.
I mean you all know me by now, I'm willing to laugh off most things, appreciate the absurdity in almost everything. But this right here is something else. Shocking & really disappointing attitudes on display. I'm not naive, I know full well these attitudes exist, but I'd have thought more of you guys.

It's nonsense because it's disingenuous.  I get it, a lot of people FEEL like Black lives are less valued than others, specifically whites.  Young kids of color are harmed or worse all the time, but a cute white girl like that Anthony goes missing, and it becomes a national story.  But that is strictly because of the media and their decision to play stories to grab headlines.  A little mexican kid gets shot, and you get some sympathy and water cooler talk.  A little white girl gets kidnapped, and every hick is setting up a candle light vigil. 

But all of that accomplishes nothing.  Praying, lighting candles or tweeting doesn't do anything.  It's an excuse to do nothing, yet feel good about yourself. 

When Blacks in America commit 50% of all murders, 93% of which are against other Blacks, yet all the Sharpton and BLM types only protest and get outraged when a black person is shot by police, I have to question how much they really care.  Michael Brown was a violent person who tried to disarm a cop while assaulting him, and was shot.  The FBI and DOJ came to that conclusion.  Trayvon Martin was a troubled youth who picked a fight with a wannabe Clint Eastwood.  Zimmerman may be a piece of shit, but when Martin was bashing his head into the concrete yelling "I'm going to kill you", he lost any victim claim.  When Eric Garner resisted arrest, threw a tantrum and got himself so worked up his obesity and poor health resulted in a heart attack, the cops weren't at fault.  When Tamir Rice removed the orange cap from his gun and made it look like a real Beretta and started intimidating people with it, he invited police interaction.  He wasn't the victim.  4/6 Cops who were charged without a grand jury for the "rough ride" of Freddie Gray, the guy who had a rap sheet a mile long and a previous history of trying to injure himself in police custody, have been found not guilty so far.  The other 2 will probably be acquitted as well.  This dude in Baton Rouge was in and out of prison, had 2 previous weapons violations and numerous assaults on his record.  The video clearly showed him resisting arrest, and the police found the handgun in his pocket. 

All these incidents got national attention and are the backbone of #BLM.  Yet they represent a minuscule fraction of all black people murdered.   You know what you never hear #BLM say?  "Maybe we should do a better job of raising our children, and not fighting cops who are armed while they try to place someone under arrest for breaking the law."  I never hear the fake black guy, Shawn White, blog about that in his rhetoric.

So if you want to call people racist or say they're missing the picture, I'd take a hard look in the mirror.  If you're really concerned about Black lives, then your focus should be on the black community who is personally responsible for 93% of black murders.  That's never talked about.  Instead this bullshit, racist organization chooses to make martyrs out of bad people who would absolutely be alive had they not tried to fight police and resist arrest.

It's easier to talk about some boogieman that doesn't exist and stand in the streets and protest about a flag or some other inane concept than it is to actually change the way you live.  70% of black children are raised in single mother homes.  That's the number one predictor of poverty and crime. 

So if you care about Black lives, try to start a conversation with the people actually killing black people and perpetuating a vicious cycle that locks generation after generation in poverty and crime - black people.  But you'll be called a racist before you get 2 words out, because yelling "racist" immediately stops all discussion and it's always easier to blame someone else than do something.

Board footer