You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Re: The Wrestling thread

Tommie wrote:

Lex Luger Suffers Stroke

Written by: Marty 'Halo' Holmes - October 19th, 2007

According to a source closely associated with the Cow Palace convention this weekend in San Francisco, Larry Pfohl, aka Lex Luger, suffered a stroke in his hotel room this morning and currently has no feeling from the waist down. More to come.

Source F4Wonline

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Wow. The drug casualties continue.......

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Luger did NOT suffer from a stroke

Reported by Shawn Moniz on 10/21/2007 @ 01:06 PM EST.
Source: PWInsider.com

-- Mike Johnson is reporting that former WCW World Champion did not suffer a heart attack or stroke as previously reported. He is suffering from an infection that caused issues with his central nervous system which explained the paralysis. He is undergoig IV anti-biotic treatments and he is expected to make a full recovery.

F*ck Fear
 Rep: 4 

F*ck Fear wrote:

Raw was so shitty. I was expecting to see Steve Austin come out and beat the fuck out of that Santino guy, never happened. That's next week now.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:

I posted this elsewhere but thought I'd post it here too, to get a good convo going, especially as this is the hot topic in the wrestling world right now.

Okay, I tried breaking the code in the Save Us videos that are apparently related to Y2J Chris Jericho.

Heres my theory:

It keeps showing the number "19" throughout the latest video that aired on 29/10/07

The 18th of November (this year obviously) is The Survivor Series. It has also been noted that Edge is to make his return then in some form, so I can't see the WWE bringing back Edge and Y2J on the same night, for these reasons:

1. It would outshadow Edge's return as Y2J has been gone 2 years and Edge has only been gone about 6 months.
2. The logical thing to do would be to use them separately to increase the buy rate on two separate occasions, not all on the same go.

The 19th of November is RAW the next night. (The word Raw is also shown on numerous occasions throughout the video)

Another note is that if you look at the sky in the Save Us video it is identical to the orange sky in the Y2J entrance video with the clouds quickly passing over.

Thats just my theory anyways. It will be interesting to see how it turns out come November.

AtariLegend wrote:

World Wrestling Entertainment Suspends Two Performers

Chris Masters and DH Smith

STAMFORD, Conn., November 2, 2007 -  In accordance with its Substance Abuse and Drug Testing Policy,  WWE today suspended the following performers for violations: Chris Mordetzky (Chris Masters) for 60 days (second violation) and Harry Smith (DH Smith) for 30 days (first violation).

www.wwe.com

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

DH Smith has been in like 2 matches right? And Masters is worthless too.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Hard to believe Smith has already been suspended. Hope he gets his act together, I was rather impressed when I saw him.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I saw CNN is having a special about wrestling & drug use tomorrow night (Wed) at 8pm. Thought I'd mention it, looks good.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Nick Hogan Arrested for Critical Crash

Florida police have finally put the brakes on Nick Hogan.

The 17-year-old Hogan Knows Best star, who appeared on the reality show with his wrestling superstar father, Hulk Hogan, has been arrested on several criminal charges, including third-degree felony reckless driving involving serious bodily injury, stemming from an August car crash that left his passenger in critical condition.

Police also cited the younger Hogan, whose real name is Nick Bollea, for use of a motor vehicle in commission of a felony, being under the age of 21 and operating a vehicle with a breath-alcohol level of 0.02 percent or higher and illegal window tint.

Hogan turned himself in to authorities at 9:48 a.m. Wednesday, hours after Clearwater Police issued a warrant for his arrest upon the completion of a "extensive investigation" into the wreck by a team of four officers. He is currently being booked on the charges at the Pinellas County Jail.

Daniel Jacobs, the 22-year-old driver of a second car, which investigators have concluded was racing Hogan's at the time of the crash, is also being issued a summons to appear in court for reckless driving.

"Nick and the entire 'Hogan' Bollea family are saddened that criminal charges have been filed in regards to the tragic single car accident on August 26, 2007," the family said in a statement. "Nick will meet and answer these charges in the appropriate arena'”a court of law."

Despite being a minor at the time of the accident in Clearwater, Florida, Hogan will be tried on the charge as an adult.

Hogan's passenger, 22-year-old John Graziano, a Marine who had just completed a tour of duty in Iraq, remains hospitalized, reportedly in a coma. Graziano, who wasn't wearing a seatbelt, may also have suffered brain damage stemming from swelling of his brain.

"The family's primary focus and concern still remains for the continued recovery of Nick's longtime friend John Graziano," they said. "The Bolleas will also continue to stand by the Graziano family and help them in any way they can."

Hogan himself sustained minor injuries from the smashup, including a broken arm and ribs and neck and knee damage. He was treated and released from the hospital the morning after the accident.

The crash took place when Hogan's yellow Toyota Supra sports car careened off a four-lane highway in downtown Clearwater, crashing into a 25-foot-tall palm tree. Investigators determined that Hogan was driving above 60 mph in the 40-mph zone, and also said that wet roads may have contributed to the magnitude of the crash. The Hogan family acknowledges that the recent rainfall made for particularly dangerous driving conditions, but denies that the accident was triggered by excessive speeds, despite police evidence to the contrary.

"There has been much speculation as to the wet road conditions surrounding this accident. Although the evidence has not been evaluated, preliminary reports from the experts indicate that this was not, in fact, a high-speed accident."

While the Hogans hope Nick will be cleared, they are eager to make something positive of the tragedy, using the event to educate others on the importance of vehicle safety.

"The tragedy to both families is compounded by the fact that unfortunately John was not wearing his seatbelt. Thankfully, Nick was wearing his. Because of what happened to John, the entire Bollea family will make it a priority to increase public awareness about the importance of always wearing your seatbelt."

http://www.eonline.com/news/article/ind … id=fd-news

Board footer