You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: European Tour 2017 Thread

James wrote:

That fake poster didn't even try to be legit. The Stones fifth on the list? They should put down the crack pipe.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

That fake poster didn't even try to be legit. The Stones fifth on the list? They should put down the crack pipe.

One Direction is an odd one as well haha

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

I am going to leave it a few days again. It is still looking like all festivals, which is slightly strange. One's like Hellfest are definitely ringing alarm bells for me. Le'ts see what happens and what else appears.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

Pinkpop has moved, so if it is festivals we could have a sequence now;

Rock AM Ring, Rock IM Park, Germany - 2nd-4th June (From promoter, via Paul Skinner, not confirmed)
Pinkpop, Netherlands - 5th-7th June (From promoter, via Paul Skinner, not confirmed)
Sweden Rock Festival, Sweden - 7th-10th June
Download Festival, UK - 9th-11th June
Download Festival, France - 9th - 11th June
Aerodrome Festival, Czech Republic - 15th-17th June
Novarock, Austria - 15th-17th June
Rock in Rome, Italy - 17th-24th June (?)
TW Classic, Rock Werchter, Belgium - 24th June

I cannot see GN'R playing Hellfest. I also think Novarock and Aerodrome must go together, same promoter. Novarock was moved, Pinkpop was moved.

Denmark (Roskilde?), Finland could follow Belgium. Spain and Portugal July (or Mad Cool between 17th and 24th). Switzerland could squeeze in early, or after Belgium

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

If this stuff happens we should get some amazing proshot videos.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I would prefer them not to just do festivals. They need stand alone shows.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

There appears to be a logical sequence to the Download Festival.

November 2015 - Andy Copping announces on Twitter that he has sent out his first headline offer for DL2017. Copping has said that this band ultimately accepted the offer, without naming who it was. Copping also said it was quite early for an offer, they normally go out later.

December 2015 - Loaded published an 'out there' story that GN'R were playing IOW and Download in 2017. It was 'out there' because it appeared at the time nonsensical that GN'R would wait one and a half years before touring Europe. Copping poo poo'd it, but that was reasonable as no offers would have been accepted at this time. The journalist of the piece is a known journo in the UK, who now works for NME. It is reasonable to assume that offers had been made by both festivals, and that was all at this moment in time

January 2016 - Although I missed this earlier in the year, on the Efestivals forum, someone was told by Hellfest that GN'R were not touring Europe in 2016. This adds credibility to the December story. This also adds credibility to links to Hellfest this year. The Hellfest crew only went back to work this week, so no bands will have been booked and confirmed before this week.

Mid 2016 - Lots of activity here. Copping spoke publicly about GN'R, there was a open offer made to GN'R, Copping mentioned they had been speaking for months, Copping mentioned no headliners had been booked at that point, and Copping also went to the London ACDC gig and hung out with Axl, Duff and Slash and there were also tweets.

August 2016 - Two sources in three days mention GN'R are playing Download. One via the band, one via the promoter. Metal Talk, one of the sources, were the first site to mention GN'R's line up back in January and is run by someone who is well connected. One must presume that the offer was accepted first half of August/late July

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I would prefer them not to just do festivals. They need stand alone shows.

First and foremost, remember that all of this gossip could be based on offers made to GN'R, and not offers accepted. It could all be made up, who knows. So, anything can happen until everything is confirmed.

If GN'R do a festival run, it is almost inevitable there will some standalone shows as well at a different point in time. The band will have to stand by the exclusion clauses in the contracts, but standalone shows within a few weeks or months could easily happen. Green Day are touring Europe in February, then doing festivals in June.

Why would GN'R do a festival run? There appears to be alot of big bands touring in the Summer. A high demand for stadiums would logically push the price of staging a concert up. At the same time, a demand for festival slots would logically push prices down that festivals have to pay bands. This would free up funds to give GN'R the money they are after. I would have also thought that bands like Green Day and Metallica aren't as expensive as they were. Green Day could command 750k-1 mill a few years back, but their stock has surely fallen a little.

Also, with alot of concerts and festivals taking place, GN'R may not want to stage huge shows at a time when a fan is having to pay out to see this band here and that festival there. We cannot, as fans, afford to see everything. So a small festival run could make sense. It must be logistically easier and it means that fans who go to festivals to see other bands will also watch GN'R. They are putting on a good show just now, so why not show it off to fans who maybe gave up on them years ago. They could then run a load of standalone shows at a time when the circuit is less busy. Fans at festivals will go home and say to pals, hey I saw them, they were great, I'd recommend them. The festival circuit could be a bit of free money and a bit of promotion for them. Plus, it must be fun playing festivals.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

I will add these for July

Stade de France - Paris
San Siro - Milan
Croke Park - Dublin
Volsparkstadion - Hamburg
Amsterdam Arena - Amsterdam
Estadio Olimpic - Barcelona
Letzigrund Stadion - Zurich
Veltins Arena - Gelsenkirchen, Germany
Friends Arena, Stockholm
Telia Parken, Copenhagen
Olympiastadion, Berlin

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

Ahh, good. Now I have found a source to match up the stadium dates.

http://concerticket.net/es/215-ticket-guns-n-roses

Letzigrund was the stadium I got that teasing email from, so I am happy with that. We also have an Ireland date, and there are no UK dates which fits in with exclusion nonsense for Download

San Siro matches Italian Press, Stade De France matches Zegut

Board footer