You are not logged in. Please register or login.

otto
 Rep: 83 

Re: Izzy tweet about Axl and Duff interview

otto wrote:

Bullshit
They didn't want to split the loot equally . Simple as that . Moving right along.........

https://twitter.com/IzzyStradlin999/status/773679504044625920

What do you guys think?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Lol... I said all this MONTHS AGO and many here said that I had no proof and Izzy and Izzy and he doesn't want to tour and it isn't about money. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Joe Cool Izzy wants money and Adler just wants to be there. Izzy has bailed on GNR countless times. Adler is making up for lost time. Izzy is being a bitch.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Joe Cool Izzy wants money and Adler just wants to be there. Izzy has bailed on GNR countless times. Adler is making up for lost time. Izzy is being a bitch.

It's always about money. Izzy wanted the big bucks when he made his random appearances with the previous lineups. I can't blame him for wanting to get paid. Just like I can't blame Axl, Slas, and Duff wanting to split the pie 3 ways instead of 4. It's simple math really.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Well that sucks.

A shame money has got in the way of having back the 1 missing element that would make this a truly legitimate incarnation of GNR.
It's fine as it is and a damn site more appealing than anything we've been served up as fans for the last couple of decades, but this lineup would be 50X cooler with Izzy involved. The true soul of the band.

Got to say it's pretty shameful and douchey that Axl, Slash and Duff have lowballed him as I believe Izzy 100%. Pure greed obviously won over artistic integrity. Joe and Jill Blow average casual fan will probably not give too hoots, but for the diehards this is a sad thing as it seems to rule him out on a pretty permanent basis now. Wonder if the totally incompetent 'Team Brazil' were involved.

faldor

faldor wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

Well that sucks.

A shame money has got in the way of having back the 1 missing element that would make this a truly legitimate incarnation of GNR.
It's fine as it is and a damn site more appealing than anything we've been served up as fans for the last couple of decades, but this lineup would be 50X cooler with Izzy involved. The true soul of the band.

Got to say it's pretty shameful and douchey that Axl, Slash and Duff have lowballed him as I believe Izzy 100%. Pure greed obviously won over artistic integrity. Joe and Jill Blow average casual fan will probably not give too hoots, but for the diehards this is a sad thing as it seems to rule him out on a pretty permanent basis now. Wonder if the totally incompetent 'Team Brazil' were involved.

Not sure it's fair, or accurate to call Team Brazil totally incompetent with what's happened under their watch.

The music business is ugly. Always has been, always will be. This just illustrates that. Put yourself in their shoes. Let's say they're offered 6 million per show to split amongst the 3 of them. If they split it equally, they each get 2 mil. If Izzy is involved, they undoubtedly don't get a bump in pay. They then have to split that 6 million 4 ways instead of 3. I'm no math major, but I know that's less. It's a simple business decision, as simple as it gets really. It's not pretty, but it's just the way it is. Money talks!

Plus, Axl has long talked about being unable to rely on Izzy from night to night. It's not like he made that up out of thin air. Maybe he viewed it as a risky business decision to offer Izzy millions if he questioned his reliability.  It's nice to believe they're one big happy family living together in LA, hungry to reach a common goal. But those days ended soon after Appetite made their dreams a reality.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Look axl and duff were very respectful to Izzy.

More so Axl as it is kind of more of his place as band leader and childhood friend of Izzy.

I love Izzy. I think he is the best. He beats to his own drum.

But, like if you don't show up and have a track record of being reliable and able to finish a tour. You don't get paid. You can't just have your AWOL night and expect the band to be fine without a rhythm guitarist. Also, they wouldn't pay him their share if they had Izzy around and had Richard as an insurance policy. Therefore, carrying 3 guitarists.

I don't think Slash, Duff or Axl, look bad here.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I agree... Duff, Slash, and Axl look like pros in a real band busting ass. Izzy comes off as a slacker not willing to work hard... Just the vibe I get. I love Izzy but right now Adler out works him.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I agree... Duff, Slash, and Axl look like pros in a real band busting ass. Izzy comes off as a slacker not willing to work hard... Just the vibe I get. I love Izzy but right now Adler out works him.

You can't really blame Izzy for wanting to get paid. But he just wasn't needed in a business sense, thus it wasn't worth throwing millions of dollars at him. Izzy supposedly demanded/asked for large sums up of money when he would appear with previous incarnations of the band and they were willing to ante up. It gave them more legitimacy. There wasn't a glaring need for any more legitimacy once Slash burst back onto the scene. Game over right there. In the eyes of most, that's all that was needed. Sure, you have some purists who view this as a half assed reunion and they refused to buy tickets in protest. It didn't matter. The tour has been a smashing success so far and will most likely only get stronger.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I'm past the point of caring.

Release music, act like adults, treat your fans properly or fuck off.

Board footer