You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Bumblefoot diagnosed with bladder cancer

James wrote:

Former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal has revealed that he was diagnosed with bladder cancer again three weeks ago — less than three years after his initial diagnosis.

Thal underwent surgery to remove two tumors the day after his August 11 appearance with METAL ALLEGIANCE in Brooklyn, New York and reports on his Facebook page that "all is fine." As it is very common for bladder cancer to re-occur, Thal will go for three-month re-checks for the next two years.

The guitarist also wrote that nodules were discovered on both of his lungs, but added that they were "too small to crack the chest open for." He will "re-check those in a year for changes," and figure out how to proceed from there.

Ron previously underwent surgery in January 2014 to remove a cancerous tumor. He stated a few months later about the experience: "It was really a quick thing. I mean, it doesn't compare to people that really have it and really fought it. For me, I was lucky. It didn't spread, it didn't get worse. They cut it out and that's it. But, yeah, it happens. Shit happens."

Thal left GUNS N' ROSES in 2014, but didn't publicly address his exit until earlier this year when he told Loudwire: "All I could say is you reach a time when you just know it's time to move on and you just know that what you've seen for your life, what you see the future of your life and what that is, it's not what you pictured for yourself."

He continued: "When I started playing music, I was six years old, and when I thought about what I wanted and what my goals were, and what makes me alive inside making music, and I just… I was looking at what I was doing, and it didn't match up. And I just needed to… I needed to go."

Thal joined GUNS N' ROSES in early 2006 as the replacement for Buckethead.

The guitarist expressed frustration in 2013 with the lack of new music from GUNS, saying, "If something came out at this point, it would be very old material that is just being released now… We need to make an album of this band right now." The last new GUNS N' ROSES album, "Chinese Democracy", came out in 2008.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ex-gun … ecurrence/

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Damn.

I wish Bumble the best. Always seemed like a great dude who legitimately cares for the fans.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yeah, I wish the best for Ron. Damn.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Holy shit. I had no idea he had cancer a couple years ago. That news came out during my lengthy hiatus. I just remember that major wreck he was in and how he had to deal with chronic pain during that CD tour.

Ron you are sincerely in my prayers. I doubt you read this site anymore but the past couple months I have been dealing with a bladder cancer scare. My doc says its not cancer after "running extra tests"  but I still have another scan to deal with long before it can be truly ruled out.  LIke Tony Soprano said about doctors, "its always good news til it aint".

I see you beat it before and god willing you'll do it again. ron 9 5

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

wishing only the best for BBF. hope he'll be alright eventually!

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Holy shit. I had no idea he had cancer a couple years ago. That news came out during my lengthy hiatus. I just remember that major wreck he was in and how he had to deal with chronic pain during that CD tour.

Ron you are sincerely in my prayers. I doubt you read this site anymore but the past couple months I have been dealing with a bladder cancer scare. My doc says its not cancer after "running extra tests"  but I still have another scan to deal with long before it can be truly ruled out.  LIke Tony Soprano said about doctors, "its always good news til it aint".

I see you beat it before and god willing you'll do it again. ron 9 5

Shit mate!  I hope it all turns out well for you and Bumblefoot

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Take care, James. Hope all is well with you.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Hope health improves for the both of you. That's awful. Just fuck cancer.

Board footer