You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

misterID wrote:

Neemo, here's the breakdown of the emails:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter … ontrovers/

SG, Lester asked Trump about the stupid shit he's said. That's not playing favoritism, its because one candidate says more stupid shit than the other. Period.

Sorry Randall on your right wing talking point about half the people in the US not paying income tax.  Here's the truth and context:

"73.1 percent of all tax units (in 2015) do pay either federal income taxes or federal payroll taxes. In other words, plenty of people who don't pay the "income tax" pay taxes on income via the payroll tax. That income tax is assessed at a flat and regressive rate of more than 15 percent, once both worker and employer shares are included. (The employer share negatively impacts the employees' wages, of course.) In 2014, payroll taxes combined for a total of 34 percent of all federal revenues in 2014, or one trillion dollars. (Those who don't get a paycheck pay the aptly-named "self-employment tax" in its place.)

So who are the 49 percent of Americans who don't pay income taxes? The vast majority are the lowest income households, the elderly and young working families with children.

That said, why don't 49 percent of Americans owe any federal income tax on April 15th? There are two main reasons: income level and tax benefits. The tax system in the United States is designed to be progressive, meaning that higher incomes are asked to pay a larger percentage in taxes. If your income level is relatively low, standard deductions and exemptions can quickly lower your tax burden to zero. According to the Tax Policy Center, a non-partisan research center, a family of four earning $26,400 a year will pay no taxes because the $11,600 standard deduction plus four exemptions of $3,700 each will lower their taxable income to zero [source: Williams].

Roughly half of Americans who pay no Federal income tax do so because they simply don't earn enough money. The other half doesn't pay taxes because of special provisions in the tax code that benefit certain taxpayers, notably the elderly and working families with children. For example, the tax code excludes a portion of Social Security income and gives larger standard deductions and tax credits to the elderly. And many working families with children qualify for both the child credit and the earned income tax credit. Together, the elderly and working families with children account for 74 percent of all nontaxable households that aren't excluded by income level alone [source: Williams]."

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Good post ID.

But nobody gives a shit about the birther movement in 2016... Doesn't affect me.

I also don't GAF about a 1996 or whatever year contestant of Miss Universe.

They are trivial...

However Hilary had a government position and was not pushed at all really on emails let alone Benghazi, Clinton Foundation, etc... 

Trump better come prepared next time. I think he did prepare some however.

Also there WERE more murders in NYC 2015 than 2014.... But the left keeps saying murders are going down.. Crime is going down, but murders specifically DID go up...

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

What is there to push on Benghazi? They've held 13 investigations and she's always been exonerated. The last went all day long and ended up with nothing once again. Are we to waste even more time on this witch hunt non sense? The Clinton foundation hasn't done anything criminal or been found of any wrong doing, they're one of the top rated charities and provide AIDS drugs to people around the world (among many things.) Trump's foundation has donated to them...

But by all means, bring it all up. It won't make a bit of difference, and Clinton can swipe this aside with ease. She made the GOP look like fools for nearly 12 hours straight, does anybody really believe there is going to be a "gotcha" moment for a two minute answer?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Cramer wrote:

What is there to push on Benghazi? They've held 13 investigations and she's always been exonerated. The last went all day long and ended up with nothing once again. Are we to waste even more time on this witch hunt non sense? The Clinton foundation hasn't done anything criminal or been found of any wrong doing, they're one of the top rated charities and provide AIDS drugs to people around the world (among many things.) Trump's foundation has donated to them...

But by all means, bring it all up. It won't make a bit of difference, and Clinton can swipe this aside with ease. She made the GOP look like fools for nearly 12 hours straight, does anybody really believe there is going to be a "gotcha" moment for a two minute answer?

Why even have the debate?
Why discuss a beauty pageant?
Why bring up birtherism?
Vince Foster was murdered.
Obama Care is about to collapse
The email scandal is a scandal. Everyone pleaded the 5th because they were innocent?
The Clinton foundation has many questions... Of course nothing has been found to be shady when you have our justice department looking in to it

The Benghazi topic is relevant because it was a failure and she was adamant about being there and people died.

The Clinton foundation is relevant because even democrats say that shit should be shut down or at least run by people not named Bill and Hillary, including Joe Biden

Obama Care should be brought up because she supported it and is on the brink of collapse, Bernie Sanders says the same.

The democratic committee should be brought up because they basically colluded with the Clinton campaign to keep Bernie out etc. the emails released were disgusting and Debbie Wasserman Shultz lost her job over it.

Bill Deblasio another buddy of hers is. Fucking idiot that tried to act like the bombing in NYC and New Jersey were not connected and though intentional, no evidence of terrorism. What a dumb fuck.

Her husband's administration helped create the housing collapse that she tried to pin trump on being happy about.

Trump is right, 30 fucking years of empty promises from Hillary.

Trump is right, the black community is no better off today than in the 70's because the Dems pander to them for votes every 4 years with no real change.

Trump is very flawed, but Clinton
just has a lot of bad experience. Then she lies about the TPP thing. She is only against it because Bernie and Trump were against it. She basically was bullshitting the whole fucking debate.

I know trump is not ideal, but I hate when folks here act like Hillary is mother Teresa.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Trump directly or indirectly paid more in taxes yesterday than I will pay in my entire life. I don't know why we get so caught up in income taxes when that is only a piece of the puzzle. Anything to distract the sheeple I guess.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Trump directly or indirectly paid more in taxes yesterday than I will pay in my entire life. I don't know why we get so caught up in income taxes when that is only a piece of the puzzle. Anything to distract the sheeple I guess.

Agree....  He is a jobs creator and a builder and creates many streams of tax revenue for this country. Building one hotel impacts thousands. What the fuck has Hilary created?  Look how much he spent on the Post Office in Washington D.C...... That money goes into the economy.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Cramer wrote:

Why even have the debate?
Why discuss a beauty pageant?
Why bring up birtherism?
Vince Foster was murdered.
Obama Care is about to collapse
The email scandal is a scandal. Everyone pleaded the 5th because they were innocent?
The Clinton foundation has many questions... Of course nothing has been found to be shady when you have our justice department looking in to it

The Benghazi topic is relevant because it was a failure and she was adamant about being there and people died.

The Clinton foundation is relevant because even democrats say that shit should be shut down or at least run by people not named Bill and Hillary, including Joe Biden

Obama Care should be brought up because she supported it and is on the brink of collapse, Bernie Sanders says the same.

The democratic committee should be brought up because they basically colluded with the Clinton campaign to keep Bernie out etc. the emails released were disgusting and Debbie Wasserman Shultz lost her job over it.

Bill Deblasio another buddy of hers is. Fucking idiot that tried to act like the bombing in NYC and New Jersey were not connected and though intentional, no evidence of terrorism. What a dumb fuck.

Her husband's administration helped create the housing collapse that she tried to pin trump on being happy about.

Trump is right, 30 fucking years of empty promises from Hillary.

Trump is right, the black community is no better off today than in the 70's because the Dems pander to them for votes every 4 years with no real change.

Trump is very flawed, but Clinton
just has a lot of bad experience. Then she lies about the TPP thing. She is only against it because Bernie and Trump were against it. She basically was bullshitting the whole fucking debate.

I know trump is not ideal, but I hate when folks here act like Hillary is mother Teresa.

If Trump is seriously using his charity for personal use and not for...you know, charity, THAT IS ILLEGAL. If he's taking tax breaks he doesn't deserve, that's illegal. So, yeah, his taxes are important.

Hillary was investigated by Republican committees and the Republican head of the FBI and found nothing. Years spent and millions of dollars. Nada.
Saying Vince Foster was murdered negates everything else you said. Crazy town.
What have republicans done for the black community in the last thirty years, exactly, since we're playing holier than thou?
Bullshit, so tired of you blaming everything on Bill Clinton. He didn't make those predatory loans, those were bankers who saw loopholes and exploited it. Jesus, we blame the shooter not the gun maker, right?
Bernie was NOT A FUCKING DEMOCRAT. Get that through your head. You think they'd be happy he was trying to game the system without actually belonging to the party??
Why did Republicans dismember the 'risk corridors program' in Obamacare? Rubio specifically. Call a spade a spade and actually look into the issue.
I think you literally repeat everything you hear or read on right wing sites/radio without looking into anything for yourself. Do you read Breithart? Because that's exactly what you sound like.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

Saying Vince Foster was murdered negates everything else you said. Crazy town.

Seriously. SMH. This is the second time I've read this in the thread, wtf is wrong with you guys?

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Agree....  He is a jobs creator and a builder and creates many streams of tax revenue for this country. Building one hotel impacts thousands. What the fuck has Hilary created?  Look how much he spent on the Post Office in Washington D.C...... That money goes into the economy.

He's a "job creator" who doesn't pay his workers. So weird that a contractor would sit here and defend this. He'd fuck you over in a NY minute.

Board footer