You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

It's amazing how much head burying is going on. 

We got to this point with Trump because more and more people are fed up with the establishment.  Instead of doing something to address that, they keep doing what the establishment does, which just gives the people that support him more and more resolve.  Trump is pathetic, but hasn't collapsed under the weight that would have crushed others.  Instead of acknowledging that, they just keep piling on.  This is going to get ugly for the establishment next time around when Trump isn't their torch bearer...they are alienating too many people that will never come back.

You're going to think I'm being condescending, but I'm not. Anti establishment sounds really good, but the candidate matters more. The term "anti establishment" isn't enough, Trump proves that. Trump got this far because he's using the establishment of the republican party to get the presidency, exactly like Bernie tried. You cannot be a part of the establishment and then run as anti establishment. I think the term anti establishment is tarnished, tbh. It's being taken over by the crazy pants wing of both parties. A bunch of wackos will be trying to grab ahold of the anti establishment mantle in the next election, so it will basically be meaningless.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I don't think anyone disputes that more and more of the general public are getting disenfranchised with the 'status quo' or 'the establishment'.

What I dispute is whether the leader of the eventual and inevitable change will turn out to be a billionaire who has enjoyed and benefited from the existing system for his entire life.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I don't think anyone disputes that more and more of the general public are getting disenfranchised with the 'status quo' or 'the establishment'.

What I dispute is whether the leader of the eventual and inevitable change will turn out to be a billionaire who has enjoyed and benefited from the existing system for his entire life.

Exactly. I agree on both counts. Nobody here would dispute that, and Trump is the status quo. He has been nearly all my life.

AtariLegend wrote:

Not a fan of some his views, but this was hillarious.

AtariLegend wrote:

Smoking's hero.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Smoking's hero.

[/embed]
What a petulant child...

In what way does that sound like a leader?

AtariLegend wrote:

Obviously a conspiracy. Billy Bush forced Trump to say those things!

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

Swastika And Jeers Greet Reporters On Donald Trump Trail
“The vitriol toward the media here is as bad as I’ve ever seen it,” says one.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/don … ?section=&

Frenzied Donald Trump Supporters Are Turning On The Media — And It’s Getting ScaryThe GOP candidate claims news organizations are at “war” to elect Hillary Clinton.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Cramer wrote:

Swastika And Jeers Greet Reporters On Donald Trump Trail
“The vitriol toward the media here is as bad as I’ve ever seen it,” says one.

Frenzied Donald Trump Supporters Are Turning On The Media — And It’s Getting ScaryThe GOP candidate claims news organizations are at “war” to elect Hillary Clinton.

It was pointed out the other night by Chris Hayes that Trump is repeating anti Semitic talking points almost verbatim. I also think he's just repeating what the Breitbart peeps are telling him.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

I also think he's just repeating what the Breitbart peeps are telling him.

It's  the Breitbart narrative 1000 mph into a brick wall.

Board footer