You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: Rock hall of fame nominees

slcpunk wrote:

Tupac? Please.

Journey would be my first choice.

AtariLegend wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Should be interesting in about 10 years when they run out of bands to nominate. Nickelback in the Hall?

ELO should have been there already.

There's worse than Nickleback.

Blink 182, Limp Bizkit, Korn? Once you get past the early 90's things go down hill fast. I guess Rammstein? Ehhhh.

Can't believe too that I find myself agreeing with Smoking Guns, it's scary 18. Comparing Janes Addiction to the Red Hit Chilli Peppers.

Multiple RCHP tracks got played constantly on mainstream radio/TV channels over here for years while I was growing up and some still do. Janes Addiction's reach wasn't that great.

...And shouldn't this thread be in the music/film section tongue?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Should be interesting in about 10 years when they run out of bands to nominate. Nickelback in the Hall?

ELO should have been there already.

...And shouldn't this thread be in the music/film section tongue?

Guess I missed what "perils of rock and roll decadence" meant in the other section. But, yeah, it can be moved over there.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

James Addiction isn't worthy

ELO and Journey are legit

Pearl Jam is legit but seems too soon eve though it has been 25 years

Bullsit. Jane's Addiction was a great and influential band. Chili Peppers wanted to be Jane's Addiction.

They need to wait like Journey has and Kiss etc did. They aren't first ballot.

James is okay. RHCP is far superior.

I would put Nothing Shocking and Ritual against anything by RHCP. And I'm a huge Chilies fan. BSSM was my pick for best album of the 90s. Jane's was the reason they made BSSM. Just listened to Nothing Shocking the other night. Still a killer album.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Interesting debate, however in terms of HOF, imho, longevity counts. Which RHCP has & Janes' doesn't.  I agree Jane's was great, original, influencial, and helped mold alternative music in the 90s. But it was a short 5 year span.  Kinda like Nirvana or Hendrix, although they ended due to death.  Maybe like CCR vs The Who, or The Pixies vs Wilco.

Hard to think post 95 who'll make it in?!  Foo Fighters might be the last band. I can't think offhand of 1 band who warrants it, I liked The Killers but they would be a stretch. I guess it'll morph into "Musical Hall of Fame" and go the Jay Z, Rhianna, Beyonce, Taylor, Lady Gaga route, it'd have to I suppose.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Limp Bizkit, Korn?

Man I hated that era of music.  Ahborred it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Interesting debate, however in terms of HOF, imho, longevity counts. Which RHCP has & Janes' doesn't.  I agree Jane's was great, original, influencial, and helped mold alternative music in the 90s. But it was a short 5 year span.  Kinda like Nirvana or Hendrix, although they ended due to death.  Maybe like CCR vs The Who, or The Pixies vs Wilco.

Hard to think post 95 who'll make it in?!  Foo Fighters might be the last band. I can't think offhand of 1 band who warrants it, I liked The Killers but they would be a stretch. I guess it'll morph into "Musical Hall of Fame" and go the Jay Z, Rhianna, Beyonce, Taylor, Lady Gaga route, it'd have to I suppose.

I just looked it up and I'm pretty shocked at who isn't in yet:

Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
T Rex
John Coltrane
Gram Parson
Moody Blues
Roxy Music
The Cure
Willie Nelson
New Order
The Smiths
Todd Rundgren
Joy Division
Janet Jackson
INXS
Pixies
King Crimson
Sonic Youth
Depeche Mode
Soundgarden
Alice in Chains
Nine Inch Nails
Jane's Addiction
Pearl Jam
Motorhead
The Jam
Husker Du
Brian Eno
Bon Jovi (ughh)
Motley Crue (ughhh)
Blur
The Doobie Brothers
Duran Duran
Smashing Pumpkins
Warren Zevon
Emerson Lake and Palmer
Def Leppard
Ozzy Osbourne
Bad Company
The Spinners
PJ Harvey
Herbie Hancock
Pantera
The Cars
Dire Straits
The New York Dolls
Boston
Pavement
Steppenwolf
Black Flag
The Buzzcocks
Blue Oyster Cult
The Zombies
Ben E King
Devo
Anthrax
Thin Lizzy
Slayer

Thats not even half of the bands not in yet. There are so many it's laughable. They won't have a problem with line ups anytime soon. Today's bands... Eh. I don't think it will matter.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ … ub-w445663

In what kind of messed up world does Dave Abbruzzese not get nominated into the HoF with Pearl Jam?

Board footer