You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: US Politics Thread

James wrote:

The system is just making an early correction. It now realizes it may no longer be sold to the lowest bidder....

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

buy buy buy tomorrow. The sellers are fucking idiots. There is no reason to sell shit nothing happened yet.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Bernie would have wrecked the economy, Hillary was less likely to.  I think Trump is less likely than either of them...it may happen regardless of who won tbh, but whoever wins will get blamed.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Times called PA for Trump. It's over

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Everything is going to be fine.  As much as we all had a blast bitching about this, the truth is the President can't really do a whole lot.  The world isn't going to end tomorrow.

Yes and no, he can't build a wall, he can't ban Muslims or launch nukes, but it can wreck the economy. The currency of all our trade partners, and ours, is dropping badly for example. The other shoe hasn't dropped yet, and there was a reason Asange and Putin worked so hard to get him elected. Why? They aren't doing it for no reason. There's a reason here. I mean, Trump said at one time he wanted Assange executed, but he was gung ho of getting him elected.  There's a great deal of uncertainty and unfortunately, uncertainty can wreck our economy. Or what Assange has on Trump. We saw what he did to Hillary.

With all due respect, Hillary has no one to blame but herself for the way things have unfolded. If she didn't make some major mistakes along the way, we wouldn't be in this situation.

James

James wrote:

On another forum someone pointed out an interesting stat that I missed....

In the states Clinton lost in the rust belt were all states that Bernie won in the primaries.

Once these voters found out how rigged those primaries were with the 'superdelegates', looks like they either cast a vote for Trump or stayed home.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Everything is going to be fine.  As much as we all had a blast bitching about this, the truth is the President can't really do a whole lot.  The world isn't going to end tomorrow.

Yes and no, he can't build a wall, he can't ban Muslims or launch nukes, but it can wreck the economy. The currency of all our trade partners, and ours, is dropping badly for example. The other shoe hasn't dropped yet, and there was a reason Asange and Putin worked so hard to get him elected. Why? They aren't doing it for no reason. There's a reason here. I mean, Trump said at one time he wanted Assange executed, but he was gung ho of getting him elected.  There's a great deal of uncertainty and unfortunately, uncertainty can wreck our economy. Or what Assange has on Trump. We saw what he did to Hillary.

With all due respect, Hillary has no one to blame but herself for the way things have unfolded. If she didn't make some major mistakes along the way, we wouldn't be in this situation.

She was a flawed candidate, but no. Just no. These things have been building for years. Trump was just as flawed. The last two weeks killed her. Wikileaks killed her. If you don't think so, I don't know what to tell you.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I think she killed herself.  If she hadn't established that she was the establishment and she will say whatever, the last two weeks would have done nothing.  She created her issues and whether the last minute stuff was accurate or not, it built off of the person she is, which is a bad person.  She did it to herself.

James

James wrote:
faldor wrote:

Yep. No one was ever going to swallow blaming Assange and Putin for Hillary's problems with a straight face. Dems thought they were but the American people have spoken on the matter.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:
faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:

She was a flawed candidate, but no. Just no. These things have been building for years. Trump was just as flawed. The last two weeks killed her. Wikileaks killed her. If you don't think so, I don't know what to tell you.

You yourself said there was nothing new, nothing to see here. No? Now all of a sudden, it was the difference? I don't know, sounds suspect to me.

Board footer