You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Hahaha, I will give you credit buzz for having insight in the stupidity of America that I vastly underestimated, so congrats, more people stayed home and more dumbasses showed up and voted Trump and third party. Their reasons for voting have been funny and sad. Like not understanding that Trump isn't going to keep their prescription costs down, that was Obamacare, and he's vowed to repeal it. But the fact the world economy was giving a peek at the uncertainty of global markets and you can't fathom what that means says you guys deserve everything you get and everything you'll lose. You better hope Trump is a world class liar. If his economic plan goes through, there ain't gonna be a lot of bragging on here...

I've called almost everything right. I didn't think he'd win, but it had no chance of being the landslide Clinton victory many expected. And still you post shit like this instead of making any effort to understand WHY it happened.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

I didn't vote for Trump, so I don't have to hope he does or doesn't do anything. He can't do shit alone. I seriously don't get why you guys post such stupid shit. You're not that dumb, but you let your anger and contempt prevent you from seeking any sort of truth as to why what happened actually happened.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

A lot of interesting bills are being floated for the first 100 days. One of particular support and interest to me in a national concealed carry reciprocity. If every state has to recognize the drivers license and marriage certificates of others, seems reasonable they need to recognize concealed carry.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I didn't realize I was being recorded.

In all seriousness though there's a lot of truth in that. The other thing is just like every new president, they can't just change everything 180 degrees. It just doesn't work that way. There are reasons Obama didn't do everything he said he'd do when he ran, and it's the same reason trump won't. Step back and stop fear mongering. This has happened before and we're still here. Relax and stop being part of the problem.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I didn't vote for Trump, so I don't have to hope he does or doesn't do anything. He can't do shit alone. I seriously don't get why you guys post such stupid shit. You're not that dumb, but you let your anger and contempt prevent you from seeking any sort of truth as to why what happened actually happened.

One thing that he does do is represent us as a people to the rest of the world. He does that all by himself. And if he puts Sarah Palin in a post...then I'm really gonna be pissed....:headbang:

He can make those appointments all by himself.

And what about that supreme court justice? Is he just gonna go find another Scalia? It would be a real nice olive branch to get the current nominee approved. What's his name? Merrick Garland?

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

One thing that he does do is represent us as a people to the rest of the world. He does that all by himself. And if he puts Sarah Palin in a post...then I'm really gonna be pissed....:headbang:

And what about that supreme court justice? Is he just gonna go find another Scalia? It would be a real nice olive branch to get the current nominee approved. What's his name? Merrick Garland?

You think the world doesn't laugh at us for Obama?  It's naive to think that the world loves him any more than the world loved any of our presidents.  They all had their detractors.  I'd be more worried if the world did love someone because it would make me wonder why. 

His cabinet is going to be his cabinet and he should appoint them himself.  Those are his advisors whether we like them or not.  It's just mind-boggling how closed-minded some of the liberals are when confronted with something they don't like.  The party of love has been full of hate for the last two days. 

Here's what's not going to happen: gays won't be deported or killed, all Muslims won't be deported or killed, women aren't going to turn into sex objects any more than they already are, etc.  The entire concept of Obamacare isn't going to go away (meaning preexisting conditions and those sorts of clauses).  What else are you guys in full-blown panic over?  It's not going to happen.  There will be some policy changes for sure.  The executive orders that shouldn't have been done in the first place will be overturned.  The US has gone back and forth Democrat and Republican for decades and somehow we're all still here.

What remains to be seen is what (if anything) is done about our debt situation.  People are all worried about climate change, but have no issues strapping your kids and grandkids with so much debt that they'd be better off if the sun fried them.  Some f'd up priorities for sure...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I saw one of the protestors interviewed & it was just embarrassingly silly.  Just a random 20 year old with nothing else to do.  She wasn't even much of an upset Hillary supporter either. When they asked her about Hillary saying let's do this calmly she said "So what. I'm not for Hillary either" and then rambled on about how its all a conspiracy to keep the cops there to bring the people down.

Like, wtf.  I said some pretty dumb things when I was 20, and got upset over petty issues, but I don't think I was that bad.  Anyway, teenagers should never be interviewed for their opinions on TV.  I think the millenials are pushing that number up to more like 25.

Those people are too stupid to vote. It is funny how they're too lazy to vote but give em something to riot about and they're ready to jump for joy.

PaSnow wrote:

I just skimmed thru it, I call BS.  I feel like they just added the headline, that is irrelevant to the story?!   Nothing is mentioned about the Clinton camp "Seeing this loss coming".  Nothing aside from a mention of the FBI probe revisited 2 weeks ago. We all knew that hurt her. She still thought she was winning tho.

Like writing an article "Why Axl knew it was time to reunite" then just writing a vague article about the tour.

They didn't see it coming until early evening on election night when those exit polls showed they were in deep shit with older voters and that the minority vote this go around was going to be irrelevant.

You've yet to explain why it's bad! Or what about it offends you.

Yes I have. More than once. We have this discussion every few years or so. Its a circle jerk where one participant wears a dress. You love trannies and gay culture and want it shoved in everyones face 24/7. I don't. You think its great that some parents force little boys to wear dresses to school. I don't.  Simple as that.

And how do LGBT characters ruin your shows? What about their presence in the show is a ruining factor?

You could at least watch the damn shows if you're going to criticize my criticisms.

In the case of all three, they are characters who have been straight the entire series. To get a ratings point, out of the blue these characters become gay with no explanation....because its not needed. They know that the viewers know why they are doing it...because its cool. Had any of these shows been on in the past, these lame unrealistic storylines would've never existed because it would've killed the series.

To use an example of one of my favorite shows......Party of Five. In the last season, they introduced a gay nanny into the story. There was nothing wrong with this. They actually did a pretty good job with it and Victor taking care of Owen. If it happened today,  Bailey would start wearing dresses after being straight his whole life, start going to gay parades and profess his undying love for Will.

Its an insult to the intelligence of the viewer.

it simply IS homophobic and transphobic.

Oh please. This is the tactic used against anyone who doesn't fall in line with the agenda. You've been a member of this community almost since its beginning so I assume you've participated in this discussion before. If so.... you know that I have two gay relatives.....one my uncle who is more like my brother(and only two years older). He's the one I took to that Buckethead show. He doesn't flaunt it in peoples faces continuously and when you see him, you wouldn't think he was gay. In his early 20s he did some things like going to parks/rest areas to fool around. I criticized this at the time. Children go to parks and in the late 90s there was a story in Sacramento about a little girl at the park and when her mom went up to her, she had a used condom in her mouth....she had picked it up off the ground by the bathrooms. THis sparked an outrage here(rightfully so) and people wanted something done about it but of course not a damn thing really happened. Media dropped the story so no one ever found out what happened(or I simply didn't see it) but I hope that kid didn't get a disease from that incident.

My other gay relative is my cousin in her mid 20s. Its like night and day. Its shoved in your face 24/7 and other than #BLM, one of the few things she talks about. She's butch to the core and I've warned her about going too far with it. Not everyone thinks this stuff is peaches and cream and when the eventual backlash occurs, she's gonna have some splainin' to do and it wont be easy to backtrack on all her SJW nonsense. She'll also be on an island because the girls she dates aren't even really lesbians....they do it because its the 'cool' thing to do. When her last girlfriend broke up with her, she kept trying to get back together and she had to start bringing guys around so she'd take the hint. The current one will do the same thing.

Nobody gives a shit what they do in their bedroom so keep it there. The general public doesn't want to be constantly bombarded with it. We get it...you're gay....now move on. They don't move on though. They want everyone drowning in their gayness until they cant breathe. Society looks to be ready to come up for some air. I do realize its probably a minority of gays using this approach but if so, the media should stop focusing on it. LIke Chong said, "They're gonna ruin it for the rest of us...".

It is a bit funny to be called homophobic. Other than my grandma, I've done more for those two relatives than I have any of them. My younger cousin was a loner and outcast in high school. I befriended her and would take her to movies, concerts, etc. from time to time. Nobody else did anything...including her mother. If I was a homophobe, I wouldn't have gave the slightest fucks about the position she was in and just let her twist in the wind without any friends and sit home twiddling her thumbs. She came out of her shell when going to college and while I certainly don't agree with how she's placed that stuff on front street to such an extent, I'd like to think I had at least a minimal positive impact on her life at that crucial stage.

Stop policing consenting adults' sex lives

Like I've already said, no one cares who people fuck behind closed doors. Keep it there. It doesn't belong in every fabric of our culture or at the local park.

Gays like to parrot the 10% statistic. Do you really think such a minority deserves or needs that much attention?!? While its not the same thing obviously, a small percentage of guys have a foot fetish and some here are aware of my interest in that regard. It doesn't mean I want or expect every hot chick to flash her feet on TV screens or for society to cater to my needs. I don't expect society at large to indulge it and certainly don't expect the media to bombard everyone else with it just because that specific interest is in the minority. While its not something I'm ashamed of, its not something I go around bragging about either. Other than some posts on the internet or a few jokes over the years with friends, its not brought out into the open until things get heated with whoever I'm hooking up with. I don't go around demanding special rights or walking down the street waving a flag with Mischa Barton or Angie Harmon's feet on it.

slcpunk wrote:

Trump has already removed his "ban all muslims" promise from his webpage. He's also not going after Hillary Clinton with a "special prosecutor" now.

Guess those two are off the list already...:haha:

How about that wall? Is he itemizing a bill for Mexico yet you think?

I expected him to pull back a little but that was pretty quick.

Come on Buzz...let's not go down that road again. There were enough insults in the last thread to last several lifetimes.

A lot of interesting bills are being floated for the first 100 days. One of particular support and interest to me in a national concealed carry reciprocity. If every state has to recognize the drivers license and marriage certificates of others, seems reasonable they need to recognize concealed carry.

Now that's interesting. he's going for the throat early. Looks like he may want to start taking some action right out the gates and actually do something with his first 100 days. Its a sign that he's going to take it seriously.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You think the world doesn't laugh at us for Obama?  It's naive to think that the world loves him any more than the world loved any of our presidents.  They all had their detractors.  I'd be more worried if the world did love someone because it would make me wonder why. 

His cabinet is going to be his cabinet and he should appoint them himself.  Those are his advisors whether we like them or not.  It's just mind-boggling how closed-minded some of the liberals are when confronted with something they don't like.  The party of love has been full of hate for the last two days. 

Here's what's not going to happen: gays won't be deported or killed, all Muslims won't be deported or killed, women aren't going to turn into sex objects any more than they already are, etc.  The entire concept of Obamacare isn't going to go away (meaning preexisting conditions and those sorts of clauses).  What else are you guys in full-blown panic over?  It's not going to happen.  There will be some policy changes for sure.  The executive orders that shouldn't have been done in the first place will be overturned.  The US has gone back and forth Democrat and Republican for decades and somehow we're all still here.

What remains to be seen is what (if anything) is done about our debt situation.  People are all worried about climate change, but have no issues strapping your kids and grandkids with so much debt that they'd be better off if the sun fried them.  Some f'd up priorities for sure...

I didn't say any of those things....I didn't say anything about gays or debt....i didn't talk about muslims....i didn't talk about women or obamacare....where did you read any of that?

This is too condescending....I'm not going to love anyone when I'm being condescended to...what I said was valid...you didn't address one thing that I said....not one

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

In all seriousness though there's a lot of truth in that. The other thing is just like every new president, they can't just change everything 180 degrees. It just doesn't work that way. There are reasons Obama didn't do everything he said he'd do when he ran, and it's the same reason trump won't. Step back and stop fear mongering. This has happened before and we're still here. Relax and stop being part of the problem.

He has exuctive powers though, it's how Obama got things done.

I'm not going to get sucked into apocalyptic hyperbole, but there's a real history of facts here. Our economy was nearly destroyed under Bush's severe slashing of regulations which led to irresponsible behavior across the corporate world and Wall Street, huge tax cuts for the wealthy and incredible amounts of government spending and high deficits... His spending and tax cuts is going to rocket the debt, that's what Wall Street was betting on, that's what made the dow bounce. Trump is offering to quadruple down on what Bush did. I'm concerned about tens of millions who will lose their healthcare. I'm concerned about the enviorment. If you say we have nothing to worry about then that would make him the biggest liar in the history of the presidency.

We cannot act like he has no ability to damage the country. You're smarter than that. He has the house and senate, McConnell could very realistically eliminate the filibuster. This could go very badly. For this not to happen Democrats are going to have to obstruct everything. I will give him the benefit of the doubt, because I do believe Trump is that big of a liar.

And I will say, Trump looked much more comfortable with Obama than with "his" own party. But we still have Steve Bannon in the white house now. That is not going to end well.

Board footer