You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: US Politics Thread

polluxlm wrote:
misterID wrote:

Bullshit. The planes were just holograms? That was Pollux.

Close, but not quite what I said.

Flagg is probably talking about back in the HTGTH days. Can't remember anyone other than me posting many ct stories on this board.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

It is a waste of time.  On a day to day basis, you just gotta enjoy you're life &  try to realize what little impact politics may have.  On the flip side, there's raising & lowering of taxes (and yes insurance rates recently), the improving/crashing economy and other things, leading to job prospects & your pay/quality of life.  Social issues, which I agree Flagg minds little to, are pretty irrelevant, and no Obama didn't want to 'take anyones guns away'. 

That said tho, it does get frustrating. As bad as it may be to see "I won't give Trump a chance" on the flip side I hate reading on FB about Obama is the worst President ever? I just read someone post "History won't be kind to Obama" along the lines of he's been terrible.  It was a friend of a friend so I didn't respond but I just feel like saying "Are you aware he followed the worst President of possibly our lifetime?" 

I'll say it again, and you can bring this up in 4-8 years.  Obama will be remembered as a "Great" President. Prolly better than Bill Clinton.

He was Jackie Robinson.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

It is a waste of time.  On a day to day basis, you just gotta enjoy you're life &  try to realize what little impact politics may have.  On the flip side, there's raising & lowering of taxes (and yes insurance rates recently), the improving/crashing economy and other things, leading to job prospects & your pay/quality of life.  Social issues, which I agree Flagg minds little to, are pretty irrelevant, and no Obama didn't want to 'take anyones guns away'. 

That said tho, it does get frustrating. As bad as it may be to see "I won't give Trump a chance" on the flip side I hate reading on FB about Obama is the worst President ever? I just read someone post "History won't be kind to Obama" along the lines of he's been terrible.  It was a friend of a friend so I didn't respond but I just feel like saying "Are you aware he followed the worst President of possibly our lifetime?" 

I'll say it again, and you can bring this up in 4-8 years.  Obama will be remembered as a "Great" President. Prolly better than Bill Clinton.

He was Jackie Robinson.

I don't know if that is a compliment.  Jackie is remembered as the first black ball player.  Not a great ball player like Cobb, Ruth and Gehrig.  Maybe Ali is a better example.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I genuinely wonder how many months or years of crying wolf it will take before people stop believing it? Even the partisans must have their limits, no?

Ironically it enables Trump to get away with almost anything. His supporters are well past the point of caring about any of these "scoops".

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

C15ffClUsAAMZCs.jpg

Randall Flagg

polluxlm wrote:
misterID wrote:

Bullshit. The planes were just holograms? That was Pollux.

Close, but not quite what I said.

Flagg is probably talking about back in the HTGTH days. Can't remember anyone other than me posting many ct stories on this board.

My favorite was the one you posted that claimed man kind had been through 3 or 4 nuclear wars that wiped out and restarted civilization.

Randall Flagg

I hate the way Trump talks.  Now he's referring to himself in the third person.  His whole way of speaking just comes across as unintelligent.

misterID

misterID wrote:

He also said he's not releasing his taxes after he said he would.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Tillerson did not have a good day.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Ethics lawyers are eviscerating Trump's press conference and lawyer, guaranteeing there's going to be a huge shitstorm coming with how ignorant Trump's understanding of ethics laws.

Board footer