You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Steven Adler Reddit AMA

BLS-Pride wrote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/ … ere_today/

AMA with Adler and his mother. Just started reading. Some things of interest I picked up on a glance over.

Asked which songs other than AFD and Lies he would want to play on

Steven: Back Off Bitch, Don't Cry, You Can Be Mine, Coma, Civil War.

About his guest spots on the NITL tour. I'm pretty sure he means Izzy and not Dizzy.

Steven: I had a great time last year doing the couple shows that I got to do with them, but it was everything that I thought it was going to be. It was the complete opposite. If it was going be just the five original guys with Dizzy and Axl, Slash, and Duff and myself, then yes I will, but otherwise, it's not the magic and it's not fair to the fans. Me and Dizzy actually really do wanna be a part of it.

On his favorite GNR song to play

Steven: Every single one of them. I still play the ones that I recorded the demo tapes I helped write on "Use Your Illusion". At least 12, 13 of those. I'll still practice to those because I love them so much, but obviously, I play em my way, which is the right way.

Deanna: Steven is the greatest drummer in the world. He is my king. He is the best.

Steven: I'm the biggest asshole you're ever gonna fuckin meet.

Deanna: No son, don't say that.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Gotta love the fella.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

I forgot he was doing this, was cool to read through his answers afterwards all the same 9

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Wait, I thought he did play on Civil War?

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Him failing to record it properly was the tip on the weight scale to boot him out of the band. Maybe he doesn't even remember.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

It was a nice moment when he joined GN'R onstage last year. I think that's it for him, though.

It probably doesn't matter without new music but it'd be nice if they had a different drummer.

I respect Frank's hustle and devotion. He earned the gig. I just don't really get into his drumming at all.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

It was a nice moment when he joined GN'R onstage last year. I think that's it for him, though.

It probably doesn't matter without new music but it'd be nice if they had a different drummer.

I respect Frank's hustle and devotion. He earned the gig. I just don't really get into his drumming at all.

I hope not. Was great to see him back on stage.

Agree on Frank. He's good, proficient, but he doesn't do anything for me. I'd rather have Adler and Sorum back.

johndivney wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Him failing to record it properly was the tip on the weight scale to boot him out of the band. Maybe he doesn't even remember.

Adler is the drummer on Civil War.
Him shooting up Erin with a speedball was the tip on the scale 16

Tbh Matt's only real moment for me was YCBM. Other than that I miss Steven across the UYI's.
I quite like the direction they went with with Brain on CD, just there's not much of a groove to the songs.
The more time passes the more I appreciate Steven as an integral sound to what made them such a great band. I used to believe in that old classic rock review that Axl was the only irreplaceable member & you'd still have GnR but that's not true, either in sound or spirit.

In the end, Axl's sacrificed so much greatness for the sake of his own power trip.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
johndivney wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Adler is the drummer on Civil War.
Him shooting up Erin with a speedball was the tip on the scale 16

Tbh Matt's only real moment for me was YCBM. Other than that I miss Steven across the UYI's.
I quite like the direction they went with with Brain on CD, just there's not much of a groove to the songs.
The more time passes the more I appreciate Steven as an integral sound to what made them such a great band. I used to believe in that old classic rock review that Axl was the only irreplaceable member & you'd still have GnR but that's not true, either in sound or spirit.

In the end, Axl's sacrificed so much greatness for the sake of his own power trip.

Great post!!

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Frank, Melissa, and to a degree, Dizzy, all should go. But as people like to tell me, I should be happy for what we do have. But still, it could be so much better.

Board footer