You are not logged in. Please register or login.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

Re: Guns N' Roses planning new album - 'It's too good not to happen!'

esoterica wrote:

Indeed it is terrible. Trent Yoko'd himself right out of rock.

The Slip is awesome, though. Or at least the A-side. And so is his Dragon Tattoo work.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

He should focus on soundtracks these days. I find even his best stuff horribly dated especially, lyrically, filled with fucking petulant, childish angst 14. I stand by my statement, Axl > > > Trent.

esoterica

esoterica wrote:

No need for the comparison game, friend. They're totally different musicians.

Axl should release all the New GNR industrial stuff under the moniker Nine Inch Rails.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

I still prefer anything to nothing (or more precisely said, to a nostalgy ripoff)

esoterica

esoterica wrote:

You're telling me.

I'd sell one of Ragnar's kidneys for Silkworms. SILKWORMS.

Speaking of, did you guys ever find it weird how that was one of the final encore songs? Seems like that's a pretty coveted spot, no?

Speaking of 2001, I'd sell Ragnar's other kidney to have been at the 12/31/01 HOB show. Fuck.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

I`d sell Wagszilla`s both kidneys to get a hand on everything Axl recorded from 98 to 06 14

esoterica

esoterica wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

I`d sell Wagszilla`s both kidneys to get a hand on everything Axl recorded from 98 to 06 14

Haha me too buddy 14

zombux

zombux wrote:

haha, yes, it's a shame we never got the 2001 era bootlegged properly.
btw, the pair of December 2001 shows were not at HOB (that was 01-01-01), but at The Joint wink

esoterica

esoterica wrote:

Yeah, quite right Zombie friend.

I remember reading the account from the dude on MyGNR who snuck the recorder up his pants to get the HOB bootleg. A true saint, he is.

Outside of unreleased songs, The Joint shows are my GNR holy grail.

zombux

zombux wrote:

yup, exactly. and maybe also the first 2002 show at Hong Kong. the rest of 2002 has pretty much been bootlegged completely, sometimes incomplete, but well enough.
by the way, I've just found out about a band called Universal Hippies. started listening to that... thinking how the hell is it possible that I KNOW this sound. it totally reminded me old Buckethead albums. for example, songs Homo Sapiens or Holy Slave.
similar feeling I got was for example the song Moksha by a band called My Sleeping Karma.
oh well, that was a cool era, when we were still thinking that Axl has something awesome to deliver smile

Board footer